+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Necronus View Post
    Excellent finale tonight .... this show has been so good all season long. Vampire Diaries looks like Twilight compared to The Originals.

Spoiler: show

Best character in the show making the surprise appearance, and in one of the best scenes of the show.
    totally agree the ending scene with rebecca was well done and a surprise. brought everything back in full circle ala "we are family after all"

is the raised young witch possesed by esther the original witch?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    totally agree the ending scene with rebecca was well done and a surprise. brought everything back in full circle ala "we are family after all"

is the raised young witch possesed by esther the original witch?

Definitely. Also the man next to her referring to her as mother is probably possessed Klaus' brother (whose name escapes me) that tried to help his mother end Vampirism by letting her sacrifice him.

Edit: One Google later and the name I was looking for is Finn.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

its also nice how they tied the dead originals comeing back with the story happening in vampire diaries and the other side crumbling down. although the travelers story arch seems a bit meh, especially after they killed one of the best characters in the show, katherine pierce.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Can this be watched without VD?

yeah you really don't miss that much and they go over what happened in the past few times too

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

so far loved the 2 new episodes of the originals. I like how the power is way more scattered around, there is like what 4 or 5 fractions now? Divina, Klaus, Esther, Elijah and Marcel. Still miss Rebecca, but as long as Elijah is there everything is good! Dont like the faces of Esther and Finn, but Cole's Replacement is a good fit. Esther's role is just too young to be taken serious ¬.¬

On the other side Vampire diaries continues to be a snoozefest, that series kinda lost its edge gradually since Elena turned into a Vamp and the originals left and even more when Katherine pierce went outa the window.

Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amiricle Mihgo
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Is this a spin-off from the Vampire Diaries? Didn't even know it was connected. Found the Originals to be pretty decent, but I didn't like VD's at all (only watched 3 episodes)

I like the new season. Hailey needs to quit being a bitch to Elijah

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    On the other side Vampire diaries continues to be a snoozefest, that series kinda lost its edge gradually since Elena turned into a Vamp and the originals left and even more when Katherine pierce went outa the window.
    Could not agree with you more.

Quote Originally Posted by Amiricle View Post
    Is this a spin-off from the Vampire Diaries? Didn't even know it was connected. Found the Originals to be pretty decent, but I didn't like VD's at all (only watched 3 episodes)
    How watchable was it? Were you confused as hell? Originals does seem to stand on its own plot wise, but it feels like there's so much missing character background ... but that may just be me overvaluing my VD knowledge. I've been reluctant to tell friends to watch this because I feel like I'd have to tell them to watch at least 3 seasons of VD.

Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amiricle Mihgo
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It's totally watchable. I think there might have been a few things I didn't 'get' or understand last season, but it was certainly enjoyable enough for me to keep watching. Only thing I remember from VD's from those 3 episodes I saw in season 1 a long time ago (Just googled it - damn season 6 so 6 years ago) was that one girls name was Elena.
    First couple episodes so far this season, I don't feel like I'm missing anything, even if I probably am. Like I said, I didn't even realize the 2 shows were connected. For what you see as missing it may just be similar to watching, say, Game of Thrones or The Strain with someone where you have read the books, and they haven't?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Amiricle View Post
    It's totally watchable. I think there might have been a few things I didn't 'get' or understand last season, but it was certainly enjoyable enough for me to keep watching. Only thing I remember from VD's from those 3 episodes I saw in season 1 a long time ago (Just googled it - damn season 6 so 6 years ago) was that one girls name was Elena
    First couple episodes so far this season, I don't feel like I'm missing anything, even if I probably am. Like I said, I didn't even realize the 2 shows were connected. For what you see as missing it may just be similar to watching, say, Game of Thrones or The Strain with someone where you have read the books, and they haven't?

I suppose AGoT isn't a bad example ... akin to how the Red Wedding basically the same impact in both versions, but yet many book readers expressed a lot of outrage how the TV show didn't convey how truly big of a deal the betrayal was. Both versions held meaning, but perhaps some potential outrage is missing for the TV viewers.

That's kinda how I've felt about the Originals. There's a LOT of back story about them and their parents in VD, but like I said, maybe I'm overvaluing it. Klaus was a supreme evil in the original VD seasons, so as much as he's the anti-hero of this show, I'd still love to see him dead.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

new esther is pretty cute

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

dammit, now new esther turned into an old black lady sigh

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

was so nice to see rebecca again <3

I finally caught up on this and I really liked this season so far. <3 Rebecca, I wonder if the ending of mid season finale had something to do with the fact she maybe playing Supergirl

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

this season keeps getting better and better.

the replacement for Cole i can dig, i really like him, even better then the olde Cole
    the replacement for Rebecca is ok so far (only 2 episodes so far), but atm nowhere as good as the original rebecca, but i see potential
    Finn on the other hand feels totally missplaced. I remember him haveing a grudge for being a vampire, but the old actor of Finn kinda fit better on it and didnt make it look like he is rageing inside with hatred.
    Freya is perfectly done so far

also <3 Jackson.

I hate the new Rebecca but yeah I really like the season so far

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    I hate the new Rebecca but yeah I really like the season so far
    you only do that because the olde rebecca was so much better, but i think the new rebecca has potential. She is ok so far, give it a bit more time. The new Cole seemed first only ok to me too.

waiting for the grande entrance Dahlia will make prolly towards the end of the season, to give us a cliffhanger for season 3!

I'm looking forward to Elijahs reaction at the wedding

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Sucks they killed cassie, she was pretty cute. Maybe rebecca will return now that she lost the part of super girl to marley though.
    wonder what super powers the baby will have hehe. Maybe she will be the first vampire/werewolf/witch hybrid.