FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Final Fantasy VI (Android/iOS) {Remake}

Square Enix will be releasing a modified version of the beloved Final Fantasy VI, originally released in North America in 1994 as Final Fantasy III, this winter for iOS and Android, long-time Square director and producer Takashi Tokita told Kotaku today. The game won't be a straight port.

"It is basically like a remake of the original VI," Tokita said as he proudly revealed his surprise at the end of a presentation about the recent smartphone release of FFV and the upcoming mobile release of FFIV: The After Years. "But there have been some enhancements."

"The battle systems have been altered for the other [mobile remakes] for Final Fantasy and VI will be the same. For instance grinding was an issue and people had to spend a lot of time leveling up. Now on the mobile devices the battle systems have been adjusted so you don't have to fight as much and can enjoy the game for what it is."

The graphics, he said, will be refined for cellphones. They'll still be 2D but sharpened, a la the recent mobile release of V.

The next release in the Legacy series will be a mobile port of Final Fantasy: The After Years, which was originally released on phones in Japan and as a downloadable game for the Wii in the U.S. The mobile release is a 3D remake of the original release.

The Legacy series won't necessarily end with VI, Tokita said, when we asked him if it could include VII, VIII, IX, X and beyond. "We are aware that we have tons of VII fans," he noted. "We have VII fans in our own company. If this Legacy project works out well, we would like to one day be able to work with VII."
    http://kotaku.com/final-fantasy-vi-i...oul-1443087791

Banned.

BG Level

Fuck you 7, 6

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

http://i.minus.com/iUrnqRmeaOXfc.gif

<3

Hope they also get 8 and 9 on iOS.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Less grindy huh

Either way, fuck yes. I love Dimensions and the V remake, so I'm totally down for this.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

The graphics, he said, will be refined for cellphones. They'll still be 2D but sharpened, a la the recent mobile release of V.
    http://i.minus.com/ijGVjqCHkP7m4.gif

FFV Android was fucking ugly as fucking fuck.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

They better not train wreck this like they did 5.

Also eagerly awaiting having to wait an extra 10 months for them to release the Android version out here.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Would you stop letting your vagina bleed all over the subforum, it's gross.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I am so hard right now. Now the wait till it comes out.

Only time I grinded was to max out people's stats.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

The iOS version of FFV was far prettier than any other version of it, lol. FFV's original sprites were hideous.

The character portraits using Amano artwork was certainly hit or miss with regard to people's preference, but I didn't mind it. The only thing that bothered me about it was that the haircolors didn't match between artwork and sprite, so you had to get used to who was speaking.

The text font (I've seen people criticize this...) and spell animations in general were A+.

All that said, FFVI's original art style was quite nice, unlike FFV's, so we'll see if it ends up an improvement. I'd much prefer they remake it in FFIV's 3D style...

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by EternityEnd View Post
    The iOS version of FFV was far prettier than any other version of it, lol.
    http://i7.minus.com/ibicim2Nf44Fw7.PNG

lol

They also are promising to make one of the easiest FF games even easier.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Spoiler: show

vs

Spoiler: show

The iOS version is much smoother. It has its flaws, certainly, but to pretend the original doesn't (and isn't comparatively ugly) is just being nostalgic.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Is there a way to make the movement pad stay in a static place, rather than wherever I touch it? Because that's my biggest gripe with it that makes it inferior to the original. Yeah, some of the other stuff is dumb, but it doesn't really negatively impact the game all that much.

Or I don't suppose they may have built in support for a controller, or for mapping to a keyboard for slider phones? I doubt it. Meh.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

The iOS version is much smoother. It has its flaws, certainly, but to pretend the original doesn't (and isn't comparatively ugly) is just being nostalgic.
    The mobile UI is pretty horrid, a clash of sharp, badly aligned fonts on filtered pixel art buttons and windows. The character sprites do not look right either in the field or on the battle screen, and look like they come from another game altogether. Just compare the shading and detail between the monster and Faris. FFV mobile is a half-baked mess. People should demand more from a $16 phone game. Much much more.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    Is there a way to make the movement pad stay in a static place, rather than wherever I touch it? Because that's my biggest gripe with it that makes it inferior to the original. Yeah, some of the other stuff is dumb, but it doesn't really negatively impact the game all that much.

Or I don't suppose they may have built in support for a controller, or for mapping to a keyboard for slider phones? I doubt it. Meh.
    I'm pretty sure there's some sort of external controller for Android. Unsure about iPhones. But no, I don't think there's any way to make the directional pad's location static. It seemed awkward to me at first, too, but I got used to it pretty quickly and even came to like it.

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post

I'm pretty sure there's some sort of external controller for Android. Unsure about iPhones. But no, I don't think there's any way to make the directional pad's location static. It seemed awkward to me at first, too, but I got used to it pretty quickly and even came to like it.
    In Dimensions you could make it static. In the config menu change the control option to Fix, I'm not sure if the option is there in V though.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

I just checked in-game. There's no way to make the dpad static. You can, however, remove the option to move diagonally, since some people complain about that.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Wish they would release on Vita too..

Inb4 FF7 remake on phones.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Inb4 FF7 remake on phones.
    It's almost like you read the OP or something

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So are they going to have the jarring text-box sprites like V?

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Fievel View Post
    It's almost like you read the OP or something
    I know, I do like to brag about my reading skills.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast