1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 56 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 3 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 8 hours, 56 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 1 hours, 3 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25

Quote Originally Posted by Vuitton View Post
    There was a dev comment on the OF but I can't find it now. They said that circulating videos of exploits interferes with their enterprise as it ruins player morale by making players think that these exploits are still active when they've already been fixed. They must have nuked the response though as it's gone (or I can't find it, at least). The comment was aimed at people spamming the OF about the exploits and telling them to cut it out.
    This was also the quote I was referring to. I need to find it, it is not deleted though and its from the recent letter from the producer live.
    Edit : Ok found it at
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post1452776

I bolded the part you are referring to and highlighted in red some interesting info.
    Q: In Regards to Cheating

A:
    We are currently working very hard to eliminate all of the cheaters in A Realm Reborn.
    In the current age where monthly subscription-based games are decreasing rapidly, the RMT are rapidly flocking to the game because of its popularity and how difficult it is for them to make money from the free-to-play MMOs.

Currently, the biggest problems are bots and warpers.

As for the warpers, every time we implement a countermeasure, the RMT will find a to work around it. Since this is a neverending cat-and-mouse game, we are looking into ways to completely eliminate warpers.

As for the bots, we are working as fast as we can to take action based on the reports that we received, but please note that we have to be careful when investigating the reports to avoid taking action on innocent players.

While we do have a tool that automatically detects cheats, the RMT have been implementing workarounds such as adding random factors to appear less robotic. Please note that we can’t go into this much because the RMT may use it to implement additional workarounds. We are carefully investigating the logs and then taking action on those who are identified as cheaters (about a few hundred accounts per day).

We will continue to address the cheaters by increasing the number of employees in the STF department.

Since we are on the topic of cheating, there is another thing I wanted to mention. Recently, a player uploaded a video of them using a third party program. While this cheat was already addressed by us, they made it seem like the cheat was still an ongoing issue. Honestly, this is an interference of our business because it has a huge negative impact on the community. Please note that we will not be taking these actions lightly and plan to take action if it gets out of hand.

While it is okay for players to upload in-game videos of ARR, we never approved the videos of players using third party programs. We appreciate your cooperation regarding this matter.

Vuitton

More bannings went out against RMT (and possibly players). Gil prices just shot up from $15/million to $30/million over night.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

More bannings went out against RMT (and possibly players). Gil prices just shot up from $15/million to $30/million over night.
    Yay

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Wonder what the shard market will be doing as more actual rmt are banned.

Some shards have reached the 50g per range.

I'm farming my own atm toward the miner luminary achievement, in sort of preparation for the coming future, especially as more and more crafters are popping up, and more shards are being used.

Makes me wish shard farming wasn't so fucking boring. Unfortunate side is I don't think too many people consider shard costs when they go to sell their crap, either.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I just listen to podcasts when I grind shards.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    Wonder what the shard market will be doing as more actual rmt are banned.

Some shards have reached the 50g per range.
    Wait, how do you sell shards? <_< I thought they were unsellable.

Or am I missing something big here. (I don't do crafting, obviously.)

I'm wondering what shard prices are like on new servers compared to legacy, considering the lack of sources for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Therin View Post
    Wait, how do you sell shards? <_< I thought they were unsellable.

Or am I missing something big here. (I don't do crafting, obviously.)
    Where is says "unsellable" is the place the NPC price goes, you can't NPC them.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    I'm wondering what shard prices are like on new servers compared to legacy, considering the lack of sources for them.

Damn. I never even bothered to look past that.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post

A few days ago lightning were about 50 a pop, earth 20 a pop on Midgardsomr

Vuitton

I wonder what would happen to the economy if SE capped gil on characters to 5M total, including retainers? The only thing selling for millions is HQ ilvl70 stuff. Everything else sells for next to nothing, comparatively.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I wonder what would happen to the economy if SE capped gil on characters to 5M total, including retainers? The only thing selling for millions is HQ ilvl70 stuff. Everything else sells for next to nothing, comparatively.
    I'd be a sad panda

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Fievel View Post
    I'd be a sad panda
    Housing should get the moneies flowing, at least for Primal/CoB furniture materials. There's also the whole, buying houses too.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Personal housing isn't for like 5-6 months though

Final Fantasy XI Music Devotee

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vianne Nys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yet I was getting way more RMT tells than ever yesterday, one every ~3 min if i I didn't blist them straight away.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mirai Amariyo
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Come get your discount HQ ilvl70 gear on Gilgamesh, only 600k tops what i've seen!

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    A few days ago lightning were about 50 a pop, earth 20 a pop on Midgardsomr
    Mid is a new server?

Most shards seem to hover around ~30g on legacy, it's surprising that they're actually worth more than a significant chunk of non-niche items DoH/DoL can gather.

It was only recently that I actually took the use of shards/crystals/clusters into consideration at all, in 1.0 I'd regularly dump shards on retainers to avoid going over the cap (I've got more than 20,000 of a few kinds of shards) now they're actually worth a significant chunk of a lot of synths, especially given the low cost of materials in general.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Yea, midgardsomr is not a legacy. it's not one of the 1-2 servers they added after launch though.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by djzombie View Post
    welp, game over man, game over.
    I agree