1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 37 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 13 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 20 hours, 37 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    Eh, that seems like its due to normal means of filling up your stash of gil. With this exploit the RMT could invalidate SE's previous RMT efforts almost instantly but that hasn't happened (yet).

I dare SE to do a rollback, everyone would quit instantly... I'd rather have the people get away with this if the economy isn't ruined otherwise.
    I wouldn't quit because the implications of doing nothing other than fixing the bug could be with us for years. You could be looking at an economy on all servers that is worse than 1.0 had. I don't think it has gotten to that point yet but at the rate news of the exploit is spreading I can see it being abused like crazy from now on. Best course of action is to avoid having to rollback either by fixing it now (that patch next week is too far away to wait for this) or shutting the servers down for as long as it takes.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

They're not going to do a rollback. They'll be damning their game if they do so.

At worst, they'll go on a massive banning spree and just delete characters that were involved or associated with this, similar to what happened to the Salvage dupers.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    They're not going to do a rollback. They'll be damning their game if they do so.

At worst, they'll go on a massive banning spree and just delete characters that were involved or associated with this, similar to what happened to the Salvage dupers.
    Yeah they can do that to the worst offenders but if they can't reliably verify what is legitimate and what isn't many who managed to stay under their radar will get away.

Like Anton mentioned, I posted that pic in the random complaints thread a few hours ago, I'm not entirely sure what I got myself caught up in but I got a bunch of warnings from random players that people might start reporting me for no reason or start harassing me on level 1 characters, etc. Something about the Core and the Elite or something. I'm not familiar with the XIV community at all so honestly this just has me perplexed, but I'm guessing I leaked something that somebody wanted to keep a tight lid on.

For the record, I got that pic of the forum post off an imageboard, so it wasn't even information given to me directly. Dunno whoever "the Core" or "the Elite" is but I do assume they browse this forum enough to find out that I was the first named person to post that pic and they decided to sift through my photobucket to dox me or something, but given that I've always been someone that likes keeping my online and offline lives seperate they found nothing but a bunch of random XI pics and maybe some pics of my FC. So, if whoever you are is reading this, you won't know who leaked your info, because I only randomly got it off an imageboard.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Role Play FC discussed this lately. It's unfortunate that SE would allow these individuals to, not only hack their game, but more importantly, enable individuals to break the game's immersion. As if eight deleted posts wasn't enough of a sign that this damages immersion immensely.

Final Fantasy XI Music Devotee

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vianne Nys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    Like Anton mentioned, I posted that pic in the random complaints thread a few hours ago, I'm not entirely sure what I got myself caught up in but I got a bunch of warnings from random players that people might start reporting me for no reason or start harassing me on level 1 characters, etc. Something about the Core and the Elite or something. I'm not familiar with the XIV community at all so honestly this just has me perplexed, but I'm guessing I leaked something that somebody wanted to keep a tight lid on.

For the record, I got that pic of the forum post off an imageboard, so it wasn't even information given to me directly. Dunno whoever "the Core" or "the Elite" is but I do assume they browse this forum enough to find out that I was the first named person to post that pic and they decided to sift through my photobucket to dox me or something, but given that I've always been someone that likes keeping my online and offline lives seperate they found nothing but a bunch of random XI pics and maybe some pics of my FC. So, if whoever you are is reading this, you won't know who leaked your info, because I only randomly got it off an imageboard.
    That's pretty silly considering how little information the screenshots you posted provide and the fact that there was older evidence suggesting that an exploit that allowed altering character data existed.

I guess this the first time I've personally been involved in some kind of MMO community shitstorm, do I get some kind of survivor's manual?

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

There's been evidence of this for weeks now (lodestone had a player profile from Chocobo with goobbue mount and currently unobtainable minions along with several billion gil).

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cursed View Post
    I know at least 5 people who have been using this exploit and openly giving gil to their friends. None of them have been banned
    LOL

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Quicklet View Post
    There's been evidence of this for weeks now (lodestone had a player profile from Chocobo with goobbue mount and currently unobtainable minions along with several billion gil).
    You and I both know that this is SE and ignoring the problem is the best option

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I reiterate my statement from yesterday when this was posted in the hate thread.
    Someone give me the magic so I can beat the game and quit. I want everything to 50, and have some stones and gil to play around with. I miss PSO and RO.

SE could care less about everything this "hack" does aside from the gil.
    Levels mean nothing, it just means you saved yourself a couple days of grinding.

They wouldn't do a rollback, and I honestly have no idea how they can fix this problem without bringing the game down for weeks/months to completely change the infrastructure.. Or maybe it's as easy as changing a setting or installing a hotfix, idk dbs, how I sql.

Worse case scenario they cut everyone's gil to under a 500k.

PS. This is pretty easily traceable if/when SE actually decides to do something about it.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    You and I both know that this is SE and ignoring the problem is the best option
    No company would openly acknowledge this type of a problem, until they've patched it, because it just gets the word out. This type of issue is basically an End Game, and if someone wanted to completely kill FF14, and really, any future trust in any PC MMO they would ever consider making, they would just warp this into a GUI and mass distribute it. This is also why 'random' people were banned even though they may not have done anything; manually searching a database, that likely has trillions of database entries, is an impossible task, and anything even remotely suspicious would be flagged and 'dealt' with.

Banned.

BG Level

Actually this is quite hard to trace unless they keep minute logs (I guess they dont, given the latest stupidly handled gil bannings)

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

Why do we have to see the worst parts of society reflected in every. fucking. thing. Damn, can't people just play a fucking game without trying to cheat/destroy it just to get ahead. Shit's not even hard. I hate people.

Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    Why do we have to see the worst parts of society reflected in every. fucking. thing. Damn, can't people just play a fucking game without trying to cheat/destroy it just to get ahead. Shit's not even hard. I hate people.
    Sometimes the original discoverers of these things are out to just discover them. That's how they play the game, they don't mean to break the game for personal gain, but break the game out of enjoyment.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

I wish that were true, but it seems it's never just discovered and reported. It's discovered, spread and abused.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Do we need another thread for this, or did I miss it being discussed somewhere: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...is-immediately

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    Isn't BG (the forum) famous for praising those who did just this? Salvage Bans thread? Hailing Taj (until he went too far!!)?

This always happens, and those who are sick of it are always drowned out by those who lol at it "because drama".

What are we, 2 months in and we already have Salvage Ban-class Exploits in the game. This bodes very well.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

They're not 1:1. Salvaging duping and magic "I have max gil, crafts, jobs" button are not the same.

Someone having 15/15 salvage pieces didn't affect the entire server. Yeah, it was an exploit, but this has the potential to ruin the game for years in the 2nd month.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Midnightjade Eleven
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    They're not 1:1. Salvaging duping and magic "I have max gil, crafts, jobs" button are not the same.

Someone having 15/15 salvage pieces didn't affect the entire server. Yeah, it was an exploit, but this has the potential to ruin the game for years in the 2nd month.
    Agree. People duped in Salvage because drop rates were incredibly low, which was used by SE as a way to keep people playing. If you were being charitable, you could say it was a desperation move by the playerbase in the face of awful game design.

This is totally different - an exploit that could affect the entire game if true. Plus, like, FFXIV isn't even hard - why would anyone want to do this unless they were RMT?