1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 1 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 58 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 8 hours, 1 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 1 hours, 58 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 70 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
    Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I just wish crit Adloq would be a different color icon or something. Maybe like Protect where the WHM version is just bigger.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Alright so I just read through the whole thread in one shot. It's mostly about SCH but I do want to ask a SMN question, similar to the one asked earlier about BiS. I think before we get to that I need something clarified about the stat priority. Seravi lists:

SMN: Weapon damage > INT > Crit > VIT? > Determination/Accuracy* >>>>> Spell Speed

But when I look at Ruin's 80 potency and do some excel-spreadsheet-math, I start to wonder if Spell Speed should have a higher priority on the list. Barring primary stats, something like this:

SMN: Crit/Spell Speed > Determination | Getting accuracy to 420+ without food.

My inquiry is this: Has anyone here seen the benefits of pushing their GCD timer down so low that it actually improves their DPS significantly? Perhaps enough to prioritize it over Critical Hit at times?

Since options are limited to two sets, Accuracy also comes in play. SMN is accuracy-starved in ilevel90 gear. For example body has no accuracy option unlike BLM. The myth pants have 10 over allagan, but why would you want 17 det over 34 critical hit (allagan)? Then determination vs. spell speed becomes an issue with the accessories. I am prioritizing (read: desiring) the allagan pieces over most hero's options because I feel like I'd rather than spell speed than determination.

Any thoughts on any of this?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Unless spell speed affects your pet (Does it? I've never looked.), it seems to me like SMN should care about it the least. Determination and Crit affect your DoTs (and pet, I assume), whereas spell speed is, as you mention, pretty much just a Ruin thing. Seems clear-cut to me that spell speed is shit, but this is a no-math observation.

How much can you actually knock off the GCD with heavy focus on spell speed anyway? 0.1~0.2 seconds?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I'm pretty sure Selene's spell speed aura affects her Embrace cast/recast, so we can probably assume X speed in general affect summons. As a focus I don't know if it would significantly improve Ruin (or Garuda) in the relatively small amounts given by gear but would have to look at a side-by-side of a Spell Speed focus set vs something else I guess. That said, that stat priority I gave is basically fluff, was written back when I didn't really care about spell speed at all, and hasn't really been called out yet so definitely open to input on it.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Embrace is a "spell" of sorts though; it has a cast time. It makes sense for that to potentially be affected by spell speed, but Garuda's blast is an instant-cast ability with a recast, unless I'm mistaken...? I'm a SCH far more often than SMN, so I'm reaching into the dusty portions of my brain for this.

Does it show recast for pet abilities if you hover over the icon like it does for player spells/actions? I'm not where I can check. Seems simple enough to get an answer for.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

A set I've constructed in excel has Spell Speed @495 and Critical Hit @507 with Accuracy @444 (w/stuffed cabbage). 431 base, so Spell Speed+64... -0.64s?

I wonder if SE intended for SMN to be a quick spellcaster. This is especially questionably, I think, because they have to chain-cast DoTs very often (think of their reasoning for giving RDM Fast Cast in XI). They also have "Enhanced Pet Actions" trait which has a 20% chance to enhance spell speed by 20% when your pet crits. So if the 2.4s GCD above is correct, then with enhancement you are pushing very fast GCD to Ruin with when it procs. I would like to get some more thoughts on this. The OFs are a total miss on definitive SMN gear sets/BiS.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Embrace is a "spell" of sorts though; it has a cast time. It makes sense for that to potentially be affected by spell speed, but Garuda's blast is an instant-cast ability with a recast, unless I'm mistaken...? I'm primarily a SCH, so I'm reaching into the dusty portions of my brain for this.

Does it show recast for pet abilities if you hover over the icon like it does for player spells/actions? I'm not where I can check. Seems simple enough to get an answer for.
    Doesn't show recast visually with numbers, but Selene spends slightly less time "whoosing" before Embrace so it's just an eyeball thing and eyeballing the GCD "clocktick" position. Wind Blade does have a 1sec cast so it should be affected (and recast in both cases is anyways)

Theoretically Ifrit would benefit from skillspeed gear as well but fucking lol.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Jorildyn View Post
    Spell Speed+64... -0.64s?
    I thought spell/skill speed was approx +10 for 0.01s? That would put +64 at -0.06~0.07

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

341 is the base; should be +154 = ~-.15 seconds, so around 2.35 GCD I guess?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Oh well, seems so underwhelming that it isn't worth it. Based on the amounts spell speed comes in, it's disappointing to think about how awful a stat it is and that basically only MNK makes any use of the inverse, Skill Speed. Back to basics then! Thanks.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

FWIW, with Selene's spellspeed thing up and that speed you'd hit 2.20ish GCD.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

So who whose happy about all the myth wasted on SCH af2 now that allagan is getting lv 90 to 95

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    So who whose happy about all the myth wasted on SCH af2 now that allagan is getting lv 90 to 95
    Bought the legs for looks so I don't regret a thing. The only problem for me is that now it's going to be even harder to convince my SCH to give up the book.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

There's an updated note that indicates that the i95 buff may only be for Allagan weapons.

Since Allagan book was far better than relic+1 anyway, it's no change for SCH.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Even if it is the case for all Allagan and not just weapons, it doesn't make for a huge change because Allagan is still praying to the RNG gods. Also the primary stat difference between say WHM body and AK body (i55 vs i60) is 2 points in everything. So you'll just have situations like where you use a piece of AK gear or Militia over a DL piece because the secondary outweighs the primary.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Presuming that macro pet commands are implemented in 2.1, would the following work as a Place/Heel all-in-one?

/ac "Heel"
    /ac "Place"

If currently in Heel, Heel command is ignored and you get Place reticle.
    If currently in Place, Heel command is executed and Place command disappears into input buffer.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

90% sure that macro would just spam Heel. At best it might use Heel and then bring up Place cursor but I'm doubtful.

loose test ingame, did Place, did Heel, spammed Place until the cursor came up, took like a full second to bring it up.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Guess I'll have to trying plinking Heel-Place and see what I get.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Why heel btw? Only place received the reduced recast when I checked that.

You're thinking of Stay, you need to Heel between Places to make the fairy follow you whenever you move around.