1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 9 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 13 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -4 hours, -51 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 70 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast
    Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I was under the impression that most KB+M users (e.g. WoW players) were on Standard controls, but you're a 1.0 holdover.

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Legacy KB+M with strafe keybinds for T7, idk what you're talking about :V
    And yet you can still find people arguing for pages about it.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Overall I think it's silly if someone believes that control scheme is the difference between winning and losing in this game. It's not an FPS.

Well....it pretty easily can in places like T7 actually >_>

Naturally it still comes down to the individual not fking up but certain schemes make that more or less likely to happen (or allow you to not fkup while keeping up your damage).

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

damn wanted to make a macro that heals automaticly the target of the focus target i have

tried <ft> and it doesn't work

booo

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

<f> or <focus>

e: whoops, misread. There's no real system to tell who your focus is targeting though lol. You could leapfrog it with /assist <f>, I think that works.

A <target of focus target> variable would actually be really handy.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    I play SCH on gamepad.
    You can do it while cycling through targets with your "base target selected." Like have your t or tt selected, cycle down to your intended embrace target without selecting them and use the maco. Or you can do the same thing with R1. (I'm also on PS3 lol)

If you want to get really crafty, you can do this with the target cycling filters as well. Assuming anyone knows how to set those damn things. I still cant figure it out.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

L1+facebutton if I remember right, but you had to enable it in the config somewhere. Been awhile since I ditched PS3 XIV, and moved over to <mo> goodness.

Don't see much benefit in seeing tt of ft outside of alliance content, to which this game lacks any content that actually requires an ally to operate as an ally and not three parties, and I doubt Frontlines/CT2 will address.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

It's a bit redundant when you can just use up/down to cycle through party members quickly and left/right for everything else.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Sol-Blackguy View Post
    You can do it while cycling through targets with your "base target selected." Like have your t or tt selected, cycle down to your intended embrace target without selecting them and use the maco.
    Pet macros do not "register" as a performed action, though. That is the mechanism that allows Physick+Embrace macros to function on subtargets:

/pac "Embrace" <t>
    /ac "Physick" <t>
    In this order, the result will be Embrace and Physick cast on your subtarget, then your targeting reticle returning to your "hard" target.

/ac "Physick" <t>
    /pac "Embrace" <t>
    In this order, the result will be Physick cast on your subtarget, your targeting reticle returning to your "hard" target, and Embrace cast on your "hard" target.

So it won't really allow you to cast on two targets at once like <mo> will (without repeatedly reselecting your subtarget for each cast).

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Well....it pretty easily can in places like T7 actually >_>
    Which T7 mechanic are you referring to? Voices are easy with legacy and I don't see why they would be that hard with standard. With default weapon-drawn targeting filters, you can avoid the tab-target autoattack issue altogether by using subtarget then confirm (you don't autoattack subtargets)

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

[double]

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    Which T7 mechanism would that be?
    Voice.

Standard: Holdrightclick+strafe, has overall best precision because you can fine-tune with backpedal and forward and/or just swinging the camera. Nothing is going to make you suddenly face a particular direction like Legacy does.

Legacy: Almost required to have strafe keybinds if you want to fine-tune facing (probably not a problem for most people, but for me I unbound them a long time ago since, for dodging, there was no functional difference between Legacy moveleftright and strafeleftright except the latter could make you do the slow backpedal). Even if you do, you have to be careful because moving backwards while NOT holding strafe will make you do a 180 relative to your camera. So fine-tuning is risky because you kind of can't let go of strafe before backpedal when doing strafe+backpedal.

To anyone with foresight, it doesn't really matter too much since you generally don't need to "fix" your voice cone that often and that suddenly.

This, and being able to "face nothing" to save castbars sometimes are the only reasons I like Standard (even though I don't use it).

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Actually, you can use lockon to fine tune the facing without keybinds. As a SCH though, you can just miasma 2 anyways.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Almost required to have strafe keybinds if you want to fine-tune facing (probably not a problem for most people, but for me I unbound them a long time ago since, for dodging, there was no functional difference between Legacy moveleftright and strafeleftright except the latter could make you do the slow backpedal).
    Legacy LR spins the camera, legacy strafe keeps it static; as stated, if you want backpedal effect, you can use lockon. Generally speaking, there are multiple workarounds for every control scheme, so it really just comes down to what you are comfortable with.

But I am kind of confused as to why you would say this:

Legacy KB+M with strafe keybinds for T7, idk what you're talking about :V
    Followed by this:

Standard: Holdrightclick+strafe, has overall best precision because you can fine-tune with backpedal and forward and/or just swinging the camera. Nothing is going to make you suddenly face a particular direction like Legacy does.

Legacy: Almost required to have strafe keybinds if you want to fine-tune facing (probably not a problem for most people, but for me I unbound them a long time ago since, for dodging, there was no functional difference between Legacy moveleftright and strafeleftright except the latter could make you do the slow backpedal).
    Which one are you saying is better?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Standard is better for T7 imo (and maybe better for casters in general), but doesn't stop me from using Legacy because 1.0/XI.

I'm really bad about lockon because I have it all the way over on numpad * but the I have 2468 spin my camera, not move my character like XI. But that's a "me" problem.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

That's an interesting way to go about things. How well would you think this would work for a melee class?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Objectively I think Standard is more optimal in general for every class because of the more precise facing control (keep autoattack, keep facing, whatever). Legacy can do almost the same thing but only while moving + holding click. Not stationary, during spells, while jumping for style points, whatever.

Really the only place I think Legacy wins out is lack of backpedal and XI/1.0 familiarity. If I could have a setting with Legacy all-4-direction movement, strafing, and Standard's rightclick = "you face this way", would be ideal.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qmo Rieter
    FFXIV Server
    Shinryu

I've been on standard since the game started. I've tried legacy a few times but the lack of control drives me crazy.

The precision it allows is simply amazing. I don't even find backpedalling that much of a problem, I've always strafed my way out of trouble and there are times when literally taking one step back is more than enough, like when standing at the edge of a large conal attack. I think it's extremely recommended for melees, you can get into position so much easier.

I also make use of auto-run a lot and being able to adjust my direction with a slight flick of my thumb is wonderful. I can't autorun on legacy, the slightest correction sends it running on a weird curve.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I might try legacy while messing around. I have noticed myself (especially lately on WAR trying to hit 300 DPS in Bray HM bosses with an i100 weapon) that dodging things will leave me just turned so slightly that I lose an AA or two.

If I could get that back, while still safely dodging, I think I'd like that.