1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 22 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 0 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 9 hours, 22 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 70 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 ... LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Damn, 4 minute fight you have battle voice up 1/4 and foe basically up the whole fight.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Samanosuk,

For T6/8, how much Requiem do you get? Previous bests for me at i106 wwith i110 weapon in T6 was 390, T8 392. Generally, I get one requiem at the start, and maybe another one near the end (but not well timed for the second one) for both fights. I don't do the melee thing, but that's about all that I can think of. Both of my bests were also with 2 BRDs

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

one at pull, another one at like 20% i think, at least those are the ones that I call for

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Hm, I wonder what I'm doing wrong then. I don't get an SV one usually, if that makes a dif. The only thing I can think of is I generally don't do the melee thing, there's often no ballad, or none til way too late and I end up MP starved.

What do you parse on dummy until you OOM? (assuming no energy drains to prolong it)

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

do you book melee + ruin2? I think the only reason I did that much is because the raid DPS is just really high and the killtime is insanely fast.

dummy parse until OOM without energy drain? thats gonna be real high since I run out of MP in 2 minutes cause I melee + ruin2 spam.

Spoiler: show

i110 with 110 weapon
    Single target dummy - until OOM - no food/no pots - not in PT

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by SamanosukeShiva View Post
    do you book melee + ruin2? I think the only reason I did that much is because the raid DPS is just really high and the killtime is insanely fast.

dummy parse until OOM without energy drain? thats gonna be real high since I run out of MP in 2 minutes cause I melee + ruin2 spam.

i110 with 110 weapon
    Single target dummy - until OOM - no food/no pots - not in PT

I don't do book melee + Ruin 2. Kill time for your T6 is similar to the T6 we do as well. I honestly don't recall if I get one of my Requiem's BV'd though. That + Book Melee might make enough of a difference.

As for your Dummy test, I usually do it with food, i'll try and compare one without. I just did one with food (i109, with HA Book, but not completely BiS), and I hit 400 DPS @ 3:22. That was without book melee+Ruin 2 spam. Generally I OOM almost consistently at 3:30, give or take a few sec.

I'll test again using book melee/ruin 2 spam, and see what I get. [Edit] Just tested real quick, no food, out of PT. 2:09, 419 DPS. I made one small mistake, but I can't imagine it cost me 30 DPS. Is there any difference to your priorities when you're doing book spam, aside from just using Ruin 2 only?

419.12 DPS / 2m9s / 54,067 damage. 9 Seconds longer than yours, only 75 damage more. Just comparing the two break downs real quick, looks like I fucked up a Fester, and fat fingered a Shadowflare. Gonna try again a couple times.

2nd Test.

Much better. Thanks! It feels a little weird to me, since I try to only use R2 to weave and focus on longevity or I OOM too quickly in most fights, and would cause some changes in how I do mechanics / group strategy just to push out that extra bit of DPS in most fights.

What do people use as BiS for SMN at the moment? And any exact stat weights? I've looked around, but nothing concrete. I'm currently looking at BiS like this:

Weapon: HA Book
    Head: HA
    Body: Evenstar
    Hands: HA
    Waist: Evenstar
    Legs: Evenstar
    Feet: HA
    Neck: Evenstar
    Earrings: HA
    Wrist: Evenstar
    Ring1: Evenstar
    Ring2: HA

I have that now minus the HA Feet and belt is unweathered. Total is too Accuracy heavy (502), but I can't seem to find a set that hits 491 perfectly, or in that range (~ +/- 5 Acc) that lets me improve on Det or Crit.

Actually, if you swap out Evenstar Legs for HA Legs, and swap Evenstar Bracelets for HA Bracelets, you come out to 493 Acc, +42 Crit and -42 Deterimnation. Thus, looking at stat weights to see if one is absolutely clearly the winner, or if it's so close as to make little to no difference. Does anyone know if Ariyala's values are actually correct? Or any manual testing I can do myself?

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Personally this is what aiming at, because it requires least amount of sand, and from this set I'm only missing the book and HA earring.

Weapon: HA book
    Head: HA
    Body: Evenstar
    Hands: HA
    Waist: HA
    Legs: Evenstar
    Feet: HA
    Neck: HA
    Earring: HA
    Wrist: Evenstar
    w/ HQ buttons

Acc:502
    Crit: 506
    Det: 322
    Speed: 412

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I've been pouring over the possible gear sets, and there's a ton of options to reach the Accuracy cap of 491 for Garuda, but it messes heavily with your Crit / Det. One set has 492 Acc / 552 Crit / 252 Det. Another has 492 Acc / 492 Crit / 265 Det. Others vary. I believe the set I'm aiming for is 502 Acc / 533 Crit / 308 DET, with HQ Buttons. That's generally what I'm looking at, gear is all completely attainable, so I don't worry too much about spending an extra sand or two on a BiS. Also trying to figure out how to test dropping Acc to 485-490 if the increase for DoTs/Ruin is more valuable than Garuda dropping 1-2% Accuracy?

The difference between your set and mine is Crit+27 Det-14 (I'm ignoring Spell Speed). According to Ariyala's stat weights DET is .283 and Crit is .211, but I'm not sure where he got those values, I've been checking Reddit and Googling without much luck. I believe it's here that I've seen people commenting that DET is worth less as your WD and gear gets higher, so Crit might be more valuable. At this point, I'm basically casting Bio II in two different gear sets, and manually writing down the DoT ticks, then I'll use an actual parser to record some Ruin II spam in the different sets, and finally Bio II / Miasma / Bio and test Festers in each set (Which should take a really long time at a whopping 3 Festers per minute, except the first minute). Hopefully this will give a clear indication of which is flat out superior.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qmo Rieter
    FFXIV Server
    Shinryu

If I were to add accuracy on my Scholar Novus, how much do you guys think is a good amount to add?

We only need 470 right?
    Can we even hit 470?

I'm still using IL90 jewellery so my accuracy now is 383, but even switching all those to the 100/110 items, I'd only get 15~20 more accuracy. Seems like a long way from 470.

According to arriyala, the highest we can possibly get with food is 463.
    Maybe I should just stick to Det/Crit?

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

You use Lava toad legs to hit 470 and you only need 448 base accuracy to hit that. Using Hands/Ring/Feet with accuracy melds will net the necessary accuracy. If you do full accuracy melds into Novus, you only need one crafted accessory to hit the accuracy cap.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qmo Rieter
    FFXIV Server
    Shinryu

http://ffxiv.ariyala.com/N6YW - HA book
    http://ffxiv.ariyala.com/N6YE - ACC Novus

Ah yes, that does seem to work out nicely. Thanks!

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Originally Posted by Kaisha

Anyone got a decent pad-only SCH skillbar setup for those of us unfortunately stuck playing on PS3 for the interim? So far mine has worked for me through CM/PR/AK/HM-Ifrit, easy stuff, but have been wanting to optimize it more if that's even possible. Microing pet outside of manual Embrace spam on pad is a pain.

Currently I've got

Skillbar1-
    L2- [Dpad] Swiftcast/Steady/Heel/Place [Buttons] Rouse/Leech/Soil/Succor
    R2- [Dpad] Aether/Drain/Soil/Lustrate [Buttons] Physick/Adloquium/Ruin2/Embrace

Skillbar2-
    L2- [Dpad] Swiftcast/Virus/Bio2/Aero [Buttons] Miasma/Thunder/Bio/Miasma2
    R2- [Dpad] Limit/SdwFlare/Eye/Cleric [Buttons] Summon1/Summon2/Protect/Rez

Skillbar3-
    Pet skills for cooldown checks if I can afford the time, plus sprint/mount and class swaps

If the pet bar on controller wasn't useless (you have to toggle into it, which mucks up my skillbar swapping flow w/ R1) I'd probably keep it handy. Sure is a great feeling knowing you're trying to keep people alive in the most clumsy manner, on the worst performing version of the game.
    SPOILER: SHOW

Any ideas for good or as great Summoner like for SCH like that is above on PS3 hotbars set-up?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Any suggestions as to what stats I should be looking for for sch novus. About to hit 50 on sch and have i90 gear to ding into, however won't be able to do anything close to scob any time soon due to playtime and lack of static.

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

No SCOB -> Crit and Det. If you end up doing SCOB, you might want to add some accuracy instead of the DET, to land Miasma, Energy Drain and Ruin more easily when you have to DPS.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Poverty: Acc/Crit/Det/PIE in whatever distribution is cheapest to cap out.
    DPS: Acc/Crit/whatever
    If you really want: Crit/Det/whatever

I know Det is obscenely expensive so having as little of that is possible (while still having some) is probably a wise decision.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Anyone have any great hotbars for PS3 for SMN.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by s_white62 View Post
    Anyone have any great hotbars for PS3 for SMN.
    Put Physick everywhere

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

How much accuracy should you be looking at for novus. Is it around 491 you need for scob and if so how much of that should be made up for using weapon? or what amount should go on to at least somewhat future proof it for dps? The remainder will be mostly crit with some det from what you guys have suggested.

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

You don't need 491 as SHC in SCOB, as your pet doesn't attack. I think SCH uses the same cap as BLM, that is, 471 IIRC.

One or two pages earlier in this thread you have a great discussion on SCH DPS, with the necessary gear, Novus melds etc.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

"1 or 2 pages" actually being like 10 posts up >.>

Quote Originally Posted by The47thSen View Post
    If I were to add accuracy on my Scholar Novus, how much do you guys think is a good amount to add?

We only need 470 right?
    Can we even hit 470?

I'm still using IL90 jewellery so my accuracy now is 383, but even switching all those to the 100/110 items, I'd only get 15~20 more accuracy. Seems like a long way from 470.

According to arriyala, the highest we can possibly get with food is 463.
    Maybe I should just stick to Det/Crit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    You use Lava toad legs to hit 470 and you only need 448 base accuracy to hit that. Using Hands/Ring/Feet with accuracy melds will net the necessary accuracy. If you do full accuracy melds into Novus, you only need one crafted accessory to hit the accuracy cap.
    I would add that this is based around all the i110 pieces actually being i110 (including HA book if not Novus), so if you're making an accuracy set for progression you will probably need a "better" piece than Ring. In my case I use head/hands/feet and Stuffed Cabbage with i100 book (SS is without food: