1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 32 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 27 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 10 hours, 32 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 23 hours, 27 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 70 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 ... LastLast
    Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    "1 or 2 pages" actually being like 10 posts up >.>

I would add that this is based around all the i110 pieces actually being i110 (including HA book if not Novus), so if you're making an accuracy set for progression you will probably need a "better" piece than Ring. In my case I use head/hands/feet and Stuffed Cabbage with i100 book (SS is without food:

Spoiler: show
    In my defense, I'm on the phone and simply looking back midpost is a bother <_<

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Ahh missed that post in between the smn talk and bis ha stuff. Appreciate all the help.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qmo Rieter
    FFXIV Server
    Shinryu

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Spoiler: show
    Is the extra 2 WD on the HA book worth losing 2 110s worth of MND?

1 Novus and 1 i90 is 560 MND while 1 HQ and 3 i90s is 551 MND.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Ah is it only +2 WD? It is still worth it though.

BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Is there any way to use face target on a controller without wasting a slot? I attached it earlier today to Ruin so I can slam my Ruin (+facetarget) during any cast that isn't instant. The result was that I couldnt queue Ruin casts as quickly. I know there are other macros that aren't "wasteful", like a Bane/Aerial Slash macro that you can mash during the cast of, say, Bio II, and get the AoE to go off and not have to use/waste Bane. Is there a way to attach facetarget to something without a penalty to queuing actions? I'm thinking I should attach it to Fester, and mash my Fester/facetarget macro during the cast of BioII/Miasma/Ruin/Shadowflare/Tri-Disaster so nothing will ever escape me again! Does the off-GCD'ness of Fester make it not "wasteful" if I attach facetarget to it, or will the usage of the macro just delay the following cast?

You can assign facetarget to L3/R3L1/R1 or something like that in the controller menu.

I just put /facetarget in my Raging/Quelling macro and use it as needed mid-cast.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Just gotta say how proud of my Garuda-Egi I am. Little bitch hit 103 dps on Amon last night.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Does anyone have stay weights for sch? Those I find on reddit seem incorrect and ariyala's BiS solver seem way out of whack, unless they value only the actual amount healed and not he actual value of crit.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So I'm thinking SCH BiS for Frontlines would be:

book- Allagan (i95, CRT/DET) or Omnilex? (i80+, SPS/DET)
    body- HQ Cashmere (i90, DET/SPS)
    hands- HQ Saurian (i90, CRT/DET)
    waist- Scylla's (i100, SPS/CRT)
    legs- HQ Cashmere (i90, DET/SPS)
    feet- HQ Saurian (i90, CRT/SPS) or Daystar? (i100/110, SPS/CRT)
    neck- Divine War (i80, VIT/CRT)
    ears/wrist- Direwolf/Hellwolf of Fending (i90/100, VIT/CRT)
    ring1- Vortex of Fending (i90, VIT/DET/CRT)
    ring2- Direwolf/Hellwolf of Fending (i90/100, VIT/DET)

I'm just not sure how much to value SPS in PvP. It's certainly not useless (and clearly better than ACC or PIE), but could it actually be as useful as CRT or DET?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Hard to say on the speed. I've been pretty much following that list though. For ties and differences: Allagan wep, Myth body, Daystar pants, HA fending neck, Saurian feet. Mostly due to availability and not wanting to make a lot of stuff.

In extended battles I spam Adlo so much that Aetherflow and Mana Draw aren't enough and it makes me feel bad.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I actively tried to eliminate all PIE, as I have found that in any situation where Aetherflow/Mana Draw aren't enough, it was really just me stalling the inevitable. If I do later decide to swap in some PIE, I'll try to do it on the left side, though.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

As a SCH, I've recently finished my Novus with 44crit/31det.

I keep having people tell me I should have stuck accuracy on it. Is this reasonable, or is this just something people who can't afford to finish det say to feel better? (no offense)

Also, piety is basically as useless as spell speed for sch right?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Have you tried to DPS in the 2nd coil on a healer? They're not just pulling that out of their ass. The SCH in my coil group frequently laments the missed Energy Drains in T8. There's a reason why SE put accuracy as a freebie stat on healer gear. There's nothing wrong with a no-acc Novus, but some people like to contribute to DPS. [Note: Bio/Bio2 can't miss, so it's mainly for Miasma/Miasma2/EnergyDrain/AutoAttacks/RuinIfYouHaveTheMPToSpare, and obviously only relevant for content that requires more accuracy for casters than is granted naturally from i110 gear]

PIE will increase the MP returns from Aetherflow and natural mana ticks, but as someone who doesn't use SCH in 2nd coil, I'm not going to comment on whether or not it's something people gear for.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Have you tried to DPS in the 2nd coil on a healer? They're not just pulling that out of their ass. The SCH in my coil group frequently laments the missed Energy Drains in T8. There's a reason why SE put accuracy as a freebie stat on healer gear. There's nothing wrong with a no-acc Novus, but some people like to contribute to DPS. [Note: Bio/Bio2 can't miss, so it's mainly for Miasma/Miasma2/EnergyDrain/AutoAttacks/RuinIfYouHaveTheMPToSpare, and obviously only relevant for content that requires more accuracy for casters than is granted naturally from i110 gear]

PIE will increase the MP returns from Aetherflow and natural mana ticks, but as someone who doesn't use SCH in 2nd coil, I'm not going to comment on whether or not it's something people gear for.
    Yeah, I do notice an occasional missed energy drain. But, is it worth losing out on the det or is that little det loss unnoticeable?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Taruto Shippuden
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

It's best not to gear for piety as a Scholar unless you are learning a fight, see: multiple deaths. Same goes with spell speed on your adloquium timings.

It all really depends on how much your WHM can handle on whether or not the added acc with a novus will really help you or not. If you have a superior WHM who uses all of the resources available to them, then the added acc can help push dps along faster in your fights. If you have a WHM who doesn't adapt to stuff quickly or just is mediocre as shit, you won't see much of a benefit from the acc, since you'll be helping heal a lot more than the previous scenario.

But let's be honest, your Novus is just a placeholder for your high allagan grimoire of healing, so treat it as such.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

My priority has generally always been
    Crit > PIE > Det > Speed

DPS priority should be
    Acc to cap > Det > Crit > Speed > PIE

Most people would value Det over PIE, and I'm not saying that's wrong. It's certainly more optimal for DPS and it's basically "better" heals. My problem with that is that, much like tanks stacking VIT, our heals are powerful enough as it is without needing to tweak for it (and the gains from stacking Det are still, imo, very minimal).

PIE's contribution (assuming you take it in the 1-2 slots where you can't get crit or det) even over the course of a very long fight is barely enough for one extra Adlo or half of a rez. I don't really have a more substantial reason to be picking it other than "I would need a couple more sands/oils for Det instead".

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qmo Rieter
    FFXIV Server
    Shinryu

I'm starting an alt summoner because renauld kiting looks like a lot of fun and I want to help some friends with T2 and 3. But it's an alt, so I don't fancy spending much time grinding anything. I'll probably try ST for the tomestone and maybe some caster pieces, but I'll most likely be in myth/cashmere gear using the Omnitome.

http://ffxiv.ariyala.com/NKHH

Is this coil2 viable?

They probably won't be doing T4 anytime soon so I'm not too worried about accuracy.
    Most of them only just started T1 last week, only a couple have T2 experience.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Cashmere is a bit excessive. You could do full myth just fine. It's 20% echo.

Not used to people using "2nd coil T1-4". Would get Leviathan book if possible but otherwise just worry about hitting accuracy cap. 491 for Turn 8. T9 has the same accuracy requirements.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

acc materias would solve the acc issue, thats a lot of spell speed for SMN though.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

http://ffxiv.ariyala.com/NKHR

Pick up the wave/allagan grimoire. Remove accuracy melds if you pick up the wave grimoire.