1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 9 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 13 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 20 hours, 9 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 70 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 ... LastLast
    New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eidle Weiss
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Skullcrusher

Has ifrit gained any popularity for use? I took a short break from the game during the defenders of eorzea lifespan. I try to use him every so often for trash pulls because, i don't know, i feel bad not using him. He eats too much AoE and dies and i just say forget it and go back to garuda. Always use garuda on bosses for contagion though.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

That's a complicated question.

For AoE trash, I don't think he's better than Garuda. Flaming Crush has some serious range problems in huge pulls, like needing to be placed inside mobs to hit them. For single-target, I dunno. Keep in mind that Ifrit's different components are all boosted by different sources:

Autoattack: Storm's Eye or Dancing Edge
    Skills: Dragon Kick
    Enkindle: Foe Requiem

So if you have a NIN/WAR and MNK, might be a clear winner. Garuda however is gonna be slightly more MP-conservative, which lets you keep up Ruin2+AA spam. If you stand at range then w/e.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eidle Weiss
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Skullcrusher

Thanks for the info, wow, i had no idea his components were affected by those debuffs. Does that apply to garuda as well? I assume Foe Req. for her Enkindle is the same.

Does garuda have an Auto attack? Or is it just wind blade spam? I use Aerial slash for AoE situations as well since it's AoE around the target and not the egi itself.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Garuda's auto-attack is Wind Blade; all of its abilities are affected by Requiem. I always prefer Garuda over Ifrit because of Contagion.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eidle Weiss
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Skullcrusher

Quote Originally Posted by Crizto View Post
    Garuda's auto-attack is Wind Blade; all of its abilities are affected by Requiem. I always prefer Garuda over Ifrit because of Contagion.
    I just asked because Seravi seperated Auto-attacks, and Skills, so I thought maybe in between Burning Strikes, ifrit also just straight melee's. Was curious if garuda had a similar mechanic

I honestly never looked into ifrit egi too much because there was never a reason to use him, i wasnt aware he had a plain melee auto attack.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Ifrit does have a AA inbetween BS's; also a reason why BS on its own appears weaker than Wind Blade. Garuda doesn't have a "unnamed" autoattack.

The Prettiest Elf Ever
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Larkin Wren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

My static is currently working on downing T5 and because of recent recruiting, I've been asked to switch from WHM to SCH. I have both healers at i108, but haven't touched SCH since I got it to 50. Can anyone give me tips on:

1. Playing SCH in general
    2. Playing SCH in T5
    3. Compensating for an undergeared/inexperienced WHM as a SCH.
    4. What to use my aetherflows on.

Thanks!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Taruto Shippuden
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Bridgebury View Post
    My static is currently working on downing T5 and because of recent recruiting, I've been asked to switch from WHM to SCH. I have both healers at i108, but haven't touched SCH since I got it to 50. Can anyone give me tips on:

1. Playing SCH in general
    2. Playing SCH in T5
    3. Compensating for an undergeared/inexperienced WHM as a SCH.
    4. What to use my aetherflows on.

Thanks!
    Wall'o'text:
    Spoiler: show
    A general "When/what to use aetherflow on" as SCH:

-Sacred soil: Unavoidable damage that will hit multiple party members or as a last resort tank cooldown.
    -Lustrate: Tank hits critical HP and might die before the next GCD finishes.
    -Energy drain: When the other two aren't needed to regenerate MP and deal some damage.

Never let Aetherflow sit off of cooldown during a fight, try to aim for having 1 stack just as it comes back up, so you can fire it off on an energy drain or lustrate if appropriate.

How you "get" to play SCH in a raid setting is very much dependant on your WHM's ability to be the main healer. If they are a less skilled or experienced WHM in a fight, then you may need to heal quite a bit more for your run. If you are running with a WHM who is super awesome, you have plenty of time in-between healing to pop into cleric stance and apply your DoTs to help push the fight along.

The biggest asset to a SCH is it's Galvanize shield it gets from casting Adloquium. Don't spam it because it is an MP drain, but learn a fight/research it so that you know when a large choreographed hit is coming on the tank to help mitigate the damage. A good example of this is Twintania's Death Sentance ability. It happens at a set interval between each cast (idr when) and has a cast time notifying you when it will strike. Basically apply the same reasoning with Succor to party healing, use it before a large hit (like Aetherial Profusion) occurs to help minimize the damage taken.

Also remember that it is a pet healing class, Selene is the support fairy who gives a useful Spellspeed up buff and a less useful Skillspeed up buff. She can still perform her functions if on Sic, but it's better to just micro manage her on Obey. For a lot of farm content and non-heal intensive fights, Selene is the best choice.

Eos is the healing pet, she has 3 self explanitory buffs that you can use to help AoE heals. Generally use her if there's a lot of damage going out to the party in shorter intervals.

I hope that helped a bit.

The Prettiest Elf Ever
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Larkin Wren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Thanks, that helps a lot.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

which dots do apply in which order as sch. i usally go aero bio miasma2 (if possible) and rhe the longer cast time ones but i have, but i am not sure whats the best order and benefits DPS the most.

I ask this because i got into fcs static since someone left the game and am playing since 2 months only extensivly. farmed T9 yesterday (first attemptcwas a win and i have never seen heavensfall prior) to gear the former schs mnk and blm since we rotated places. I was kinda a bit overwhelmed a bit in squeezing in all the heavensfall and follow up info into my head in 2-3 hours, won 4 times ( sometimes i fucked up)

any advice is appreciated since i will be heading right to T10

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qmo Rieter
    FFXIV Server
    Shinryu

Biora->Miasma->Bio->bane->Aero

or if you lack accuracy.

Biora->bio->shadowflare->miasma->aero.

I usually do the latter, and will skip miasma and aero depending on the circumstances.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Summoner / Scholar sort-of in-depth

Quote Originally Posted by The47thSen View Post
    Biora->Miasma->Bio->bane->Aero

or if you lack accuracy.

Biora->bio->shadowflare->miasma->aero.

I usually do the latter, and will skip miasma and aero depending on the circumstances.
    biota is bio 2?

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    biora is bio 2?
    Yes, in the japanese client they use the -ra -ga etc.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

If you do end up sticking with SCH, consider buying some of the i110 pieces and melding accuracy on them. Being able to hit Miasma/Aero/Ruins all the time will be a big boost to your DPS; your raid will appreciate it when you learn to properly weave everything in.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

What is the argument for Bio2 over Miasma as opener? Is there a significant difference?

I have generally preferred to cast Miasma first because whichever DoT I cast second is going to to be Baned in less than 1 GCD, and Bio2 has more total potency.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Because the only thing you compare between them is the DOT potency, not the total potency, since that's all you lose on bane when considering which one to cast first. And it's the same in both cases. Most people do bio2 first over miasma since Bio2 lasts longer.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Taruto Shippuden
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I think it's more because of the timing with the reapplication of the dots.

bio2 > miasma1 > bio1 >aero1 > shadowflare > filler/ruinspam > bio1 > miasma1 > bio2.

It just kinda clips better that way. Also dot potency.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Crizto View Post
    If you do end up sticking with SCH, consider buying some of the i110 pieces and melding accuracy on them. Being able to hit Miasma/Aero/Ruins all the time will be a big boost to your DPS; your raid will appreciate it when you learn to properly weave everything in.
    atm i am trying to optimize my playstyle, i have to see when i can stance dot stuff and when i have to cure. this of course depends on the whm. i felt abit overwhelmed in my first T9 run with squeezing dots/dps in (not that ir was needed but fc leader wanted me to practice and get used to it there so it feels natural) on top of all the shielding and healing, pet placeing pet buffs mechanics etc. later on it became a bit easier due to timing of mechanics becomeing inherent.

I usually rouse or pet cure pot + when extensiv healing is comeing. use lustrates in emergency when tanks hit low HP zo help whm catch up. guess it also has to do alot with synergy with whm to at some point i guess i know what the whm can and cant handle.

i got nin up to ilvl 110 and playing melee felt alooot easier then playing scholar.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    What is the argument for Bio2 over Miasma as opener? Is there a significant difference?

I have generally preferred to cast Miasma first because whichever DoT I cast second is going to to be Baned in less than 1 GCD, and Bio2 has more total potency.
    Bio II doesnt resist so if you dont have cap ACC on SCH, at least Bio II dot stil ldeals DMG while you try to apply miasma

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

ok thank you guys for all the tips, managed to win T10 in 1.5 hours and was instantly thrown out into T11 without any knowledge for 1 hour. Stuff was fun and i tried to apply some dots here and there according to that order, but sometimes i just went back into my old habit order of aero > bio > miasma > bio II. Will proceed tomorrow wiht T11^^, this one seems way more relaxed to DPS inbetween nerve gases

is only Bio 2 unresisted? or does that apply to shadowflare and miasma II too?