1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 34 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 26 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 13 hours, 34 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 20 hours, 26 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 70 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast

Any ability that doesn't deal direct damage has no ACC check and will always land.

Bio II, Bio, Shadow Flare (Flaming Arrow, Doton)

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Taruto Shippuden
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    ok thank you guys for all the tips, managed to win T10 in 1.5 hours and was instantly thrown out into T11 without any knowledge for 1 hour. Stuff was fun and i tried to apply some dots here and there according to that order, but sometimes i just went back into my old habit order of aero > bio > miasma > bio II. Will proceed tomorrow wiht T11^^, this one seems way more relaxed to DPS inbetween nerve gases

is only Bio 2 unresisted? or does that apply to shadowflare and miasma II too?
    Attacks that do not deal initial damage such as Bio1-2 are not subject to acc checks. And Shadowflare's acc check is the zone you put it in.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

speaking of T11 that fucking egg during the add phase. I know you have to be in mele-range i think its just my lack of experience but gdamn. Any tips to not have your cast's null'ed interupted/line of sighted. Im having issues trying to get bio2/miasma. Tho im think im just gettin stupid unlucky sometimes i get lightning 2-3 times while trying to put up buffs deal with the other shit gdamn i hate that egg

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shinryu Reishiki
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros

I just use face target after each time I move. Move in front, face target, cast. It moves pretty slow, so face target is able to track it even as it moves through you.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Shinryu View Post
    I just use face target after each time I move. Move in front, face target, cast. It moves pretty slow, so face target is able to track it even as it moves through you.
    is face target the same thing as lock on?

No, /facetarget makes your character turn to automatically track your current target if it moves.

Input it once and you'll continue to track your current target until you input the command again or change targets.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

No, it is not.

But in one of the recent updates, they made it so that if you push the Face Target button during a cast, you effectively "lock on" until that cast ends (you'll spin in place). So you no longer have to mash the face target button during, say, PvP.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qmo Rieter
    FFXIV Server
    Shinryu

The egg moves in an anti-clockwise position. Just stand to the right of it when you're casting.

Biora->Bio->move->Miasma->Aero

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Only 1 level 50 smn quest?

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Only 1 level 50 smn quest?
    Every job has only 1 lv 50 quest

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Does anyone know meld caps for Kirimu gloves of healing? Found caps for all stats but accuracy which is my main concern.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

You should be able to meld +20 accuracy onto those.

What's the syntax to set pet skills to the hotbar?

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

/hotbar pet "Skill" <hotbar> <skillslot>

Eg.
    /hotbar pet "Whispering Dawn" 1 9

Thanks, they make you put pet -after- the skill for everything else, was wondering wtf.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Crizto View Post
    You should be able to meld +20 accuracy onto those.
    Yep, 20. Thanks

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I'm sorry if this has been answered already, but I usually main a WAR and want to push the boundaries with my SCH as well (just started STR tanking, so much more fun). My question is are there any new macros I should be aware of? I use some from like...2.whenever, but I never had problems. Also, I never got to being fluid with pet placement and all that. On PC, any tips?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I have macros for all of my pet abilities (except Whispering Dawn for some reason...) that have /petac "Stay" followed by the ability. Using this pretty much interrupts whatever the pet is doing and makes it use the ability instead; I try to make sure its finished casting Embrace before hitting the macro. If you use this you also have to watch out about where the pet is because "Stay" makes it stand still. The reason I use these macros now is because even after the pet ability queue fix I still found myself spamming pet buttons to get them to use abilities sometimes which was too annoying.

Other macros I use are a mouseover Embrace macro and a Embrace on <2> macro (heals my MT). I also have two Lustrate buttons: one is just the normal ability, the other is for a target of target that I use while I DPS.

When I swapped to SCH for this patch I first played it without using macros and then as I got more accustomed to the job I discovered which macros I needed for my play style and such to improve some of my weak points.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

When I swapped to SCH for this patch I first played it without using macros and then as I got more accustomed to the job I discovered which macros I needed for my play style and such to improve some of my weak points.
    This is the way to go about it, imo. All of my keybind expansions and macro additions were based on needing something else on my SCH.

I have Stay on the Selene silence macro I have, but all other ones are like in the first or second post where I have the ability repeat for 4-5 lines with wait1's, and combine an Eos button with a Selene button to save space (Covenant+Glow, Illu+WD+Light)

In place of Stay on the macros I tend to just re-Place (tied to a mouse button) and hit the spam-macro while she's moving.

I do also like the Embrace-spam macros I outlined but I have not used SCH since T9 and some SCH seem to think it's the devil to have fairy overheal. I don't really get it *shrug*. People also cite that "oh no you have to hit it again if you hit another macro"... which is fine? I don't use macros on any GCDs or non-GCDs, just pet actions.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I have macros for all of my pet abilities (except Whispering Dawn for some reason...) that have /petac "Stay" followed by the ability. Using this pretty much interrupts whatever the pet is doing and makes it use the ability instead; I try to make sure its finished casting Embrace before hitting the macro. If you use this you also have to watch out about where the pet is because "Stay" makes it stand still. The reason I use these macros now is because even after the pet ability queue fix I still found myself spamming pet buttons to get them to use abilities sometimes which was too annoying.

Other macros I use are a mouseover Embrace macro and a Embrace on <2> macro (heals my MT). I also have two Lustrate buttons: one is just the normal ability, the other is for a target of target that I use while I DPS.

Okay, that's some good info for me, I'll have to work on the positioning macros. As for mouse over heal macros in general, how do you write those?