1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 1 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 22 hours, 44 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 18 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 15 hours, 44 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 70 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast

Didn't read the whole thing but spell speed doesn't effect pets.

It did once upon a time but it was changed pretty early on, think it was the same patch that made Fairies far less responsive (something that never actually got.....fixed).

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Eos summoned w/o gear (341 spell speed): ~59-60s recast Whispering Dawn
    Eos summoned w/ gear (460 spell speed): ~55-56 recast Whispering Dawn

I'd say it does. This is all eyeballing the recast number as it appears on the icon. I don't have a lot of time or spellspeed gear to test that nearly 700 spellspeed number, and the overall benefit is minor, but it does appear to affect her recasts at the very least.

Considering I believe Square Enix has flat out said spell speed does not affect pets leads me to believe they either didn't intend this or fairies may be treated separately from egis somewhere. I don't really know or care, but Eos does benefit slightly from spell speed.

Ooooh, now I see what it is.

At launch the cast/recast of pets when viewed on the ability icon was reduced and showed just as it would for normal spells.

I guess they changed it so it's not reflected in the static numbers on the icon, only on the recast countdown when actually used, which you wouldn't see unless you were mousing over it and looking at the number tic down.

Now I'm wondering why they even changed it.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

When they changed it to not reflect in the tooltip's static numbers, the intent was to make it not apply for the pet at all (as many believed to be the case). Instead, it still does.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shinryu Reishiki
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros

The same effect can be observed on Garuda-egi's spells. At 341 Spell Speed, Aerial Slash and Wind Blade will display 30 and 3 for a fraction of second before dropping to 29 and 2. At 560 spell speed, Aerial Slash starts on 27 and Wind Blade starts on 2. Seems like Skill Speed produces the same effect on Ifrit-egi's weaponskills. Abilities on both pets seem unaffected.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Anything the tooltip classifies as an "Ability" cannot be reduced by any means, anything classified as a "Spell" can be reduced with spellspeed, and anything classified as a "Skill" can be reduced by skillspeed. Basically, the same way it works for players.

inb4 Ifrit SMNs start making skillspeed Apocs and melded INT accessories as a precast set.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    Anything the tooltip classifies as an "Ability" cannot be reduced by any means, anything classified as a "Spell" can be reduced with spellspeed, and anything classified as a "Skill" can be reduced by skillspeed. Basically, the same way it works for players.

inb4 Ifrit SMNs start making skillspeed Apocs and melded INT accessories as a precast set.
    Not really worth it as it's all gone if you ever use Spur (and you really should).

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Milk Ichigo
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

How is everyone having the hotbar set up for use? Do you do 1 2 3 for your healing spells? I am trying to get ideas to make them comfortable for myself as I want to get away from mouse click for my DoM jobs.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Spoilered because too lazy to crop.

[My default bar is the top normal-sized one. Mini one above it is shift+, normal sized below it is ctrl+. Binds are 1-6, QER ZCV.] Physick and Adlo on 1 and 2, embrace on shift+1, lustrate on ctrl+1. Pet abilities in general on shift+1-4. QER ZCV for more niche/long cooldown things. DPS-related abilities on the Naga/numpad (except for shadowflare, because it's on ctrl+4 for SMN so I kept it that way for SCH).

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Milk Ichigo
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

I have WHM SMN SCH at 50. I wanted to try to keep spells that are close in effect on the same keys like I try to for WAR and PLD.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

As a matter of fact, that's actually pretty much how I do it.

1 for healing
    2 for more expensive healing
    3 for give me MP back
    shift+1 for auto-healing
    shift+2 for aoe autohealing
    shift+3 for healing harder
    ctrl+1 for off-GCD "oh shit" heals
    ctrl+2 for spamming aoe heals
    ctrl+3 for status heals

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Milk Ichigo
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Thank you. That will help a lot.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Does accuracy matter from a heals perspective on sch book? I'd planned on doing crit + det, but someone bugging me to split 22/22 and I just don't get it except from a cost perspective.

For the record, I don't do end-game content, so I'm not really ever going to use the book to nuke in cleric stance or w/e. I'm only interested in the book from a "how good can my heals be" perspective.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

No, accuracy is only going to be important for DPSing on fights that have an accuracy cap you can't hit without your regular gear. If you don't do such content then there is no need to put accuracy on it - if you start doing that content you always have the option of switching in accuracy as you need it.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yah that's why I was balking. That what I thought. Thanks for confirmation.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

quick question: how much does stat allotment matter for SCH? I was going to be a SMN main but the (lack of) wait times on SCH is just too sweet to ignore, at least for now. I restatted my ACN to MND-based because thousands of seals laying around = why not?

Not sure if I'll ever endgame my SCH so this question is relatively moot right now (level 34) but just wanted some thoughts if we have them.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Realistically the re-spec item is now super cheap in terms of GC seals so changing your 30 is no big deal. I would say 30 INT is worth more to SMN than 30 MND is to a SCH. You can heal fine without that 30, you just want it if you wanna go balls-out DPS on SCH as well.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

ok, thanks! does my MND stat affect the stats/heals of Eos? not that it matters much at this level, just curious.

15 INT 15 MND play whichever you want, you'll never notice a significant difference. When you decide which one you like more just reallocate the full 30 to it.

To sort of echo what Seravi said tho, you can overheal, you can't over-damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    ok, thanks! does my MND stat affect the stats/heals of Eos? not that it matters much at this level, just curious.
    Yes, you share all stats with your pet essentially (crit, spell speed, VIT, DET).

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

It does, though Clerics and potions do not affect fairy in any way. Just MND from base, gear, and your bonus +30.