1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 9 hours, 42 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 14 hours, 17 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 2 hours, 42 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 7 hours, 17 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

I'll never really get excited about "zone building" until the players can do more with it than just aesthetics and storage. Neverwinter bucked that trend a bit with the ability to make your own quests/campaigns, but the game suffers from, well, the rest of the game. Rift's dimensions had potential, but it just went the vanity fluff route, too.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    I'll never really get excited about "zone building" until the players can do more with it than just aesthetics and storage. Neverwinter bucked that trend a bit with the ability to make your own quests/campaigns, but the game suffers from, well, the rest of the game. Rift's dimensions had potential, but it just went the vanity fluff route, too.
    That was the other thing.

In SWG you could have player made cities with their own tax rates that went to the creator of the city (I'm pretty sure it worked like that? It's been a long time) and you needed permission to own land in that city. I'm pretty sure there were other benefits too but I can't remember, probably starports and the like. Granted I don't expect anything like that with this game, but it's sad to see that nobody else has really touched upon the massive amount of aesthetic customization that was present in that game, or the space pvp. God the space pvp.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Rift has recently branched off with their dimensions that allow players to create their own battlegrounds and rule sets. Something like that, or similar to moblin maze mongers (with obviously more direct control) would be really cool

I just look at it to give the endgamers who bitch about having nothing to do if you had players capable of creating uber-hard dungeons of their own. Sure, you'd have oodles of trash settings out there, but the good ones would be good and you'd have people feeding off each other for inspiration.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    That was the other thing.

In SWG you could have player made cities with their own tax rates that went to the creator of the city (I'm pretty sure it worked like that? It's been a long time) and you needed permission to own land in that city. I'm pretty sure there were other benefits too but I can't remember, probably starports and the like. Granted I don't expect anything like that with this game, but it's sad to see that nobody else has really touched upon the massive amount of aesthetic customization that was present in that game, or the space pvp. God the space pvp.
    Yeah I miss SWG lol, decorating my house was one of the most memorable moments lol.

People pretty much made this same exact joke right before the game launched, but it still makes me laugh every time:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ps63523d61.jpg

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Yeah I miss SWG lol, decorating my house was one of the most memorable moments lol.
    I've been watching SWGEmu for a while now and they're still chugging along. Large updates are fairly slow, but comparatively and with what they've got to work with it's really good stuff. I'm hoping that they'll be able to move into beta sometime in 2014, or at the very least add Jump to Lightspeed sometime next year cause that's what I care about most, I'll start playing it once that stuff is implemented. I need to get my KSE Firespray back and pwn some rebel scum.

To stay on topic though, one of the main things I'm hoping XIV does right is the pvp. I never really cared about pvp until I played GW2 and I started having fun with it for a while until balance issues started becoming rampant. If they can make pvp rewarding and interesting enough it would keep my interest in XIV, at least for another few months.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    God the space pvp.
    http://www.swtor.com/galactic-starfighter

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Not even close.

12v12 lol

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

The PVP looked like ass based on -movement- in the vids, but I'm just hoping that it was because they stupidly used a fixed camera so everything looked stiff. We'll find out when we get there, I suppose.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I am fully expecting people to just circle strafe around mages (and thus nobody plays mages). I am also fully expecting everyone to gravitate to BRD and just annoy the fuck out of everyone by (example) throwing 4 sets of Windbite+Venomous on one guy, kite forever (Shadowbind [rotation] optional), rinse repeat until everyone is rolling 4BRD or 3BRD 1healer meat shield, or some variation.

So in short a complete mess unless they really thought this through (doubtful) but ultimately a mess I'll still sort of care about because it's something to break the monotony.

Didn't they say there were going to be PVP skills (or skillsets?) I wouldn't focus too much energy on thinking about what PVP will be like with PVE skills.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Didn't they say there were going to be PVP skills (or skillsets?) I wouldn't focus too much energy on thinking about what PVP will be like with PVE skills.
    Yeah it seems different enough. Doesn't mean it won't be broken as fuck but can't really say yet.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I assume that's just stuff like, I dunno, "break out of 1 CC debuff" with some 60s cooldown and things of that nature. Assuming it's only that based on the pvp video still having normal PvE skills visually. It's certainly possible they'd make different effects for PvP but I don't expect that much of a change.

Still "assuming" on my part. Maybe they'll surprise everyone yet.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Here's a better question: Why the fuck is Holmgang PVE when every boss is immune to it?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Here's a better question: Why the fuck is Holmgang PVE when every boss is immune to it?
    They are? I think I've only ever used it... once. I haven't done Coil yet, but I've never found an appropriate time to use it.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

That's because there isn't one.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Can bind WP 2nd boss with it (but if you're going supersonic speed you're a PLD).
    Can bind Garuda with it (what's the point)

I've got nothing. Think the dumbest part of the move is that it still binds you even if the target is immune.

I've only used it on Titan to see if I would still get moved by landslide.

I did. Not far, but certainly far enough that I was out of range so I couldn't attack anymore. I expect some PVE skills are PVP skills in actuality, stuff that BLM looks like it is, but I also expect that things will change enough that PVP is more balanced than it seems from a PVE perspective.

I mean it's easy to see how stupid PVP would be in that regard.

It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    The PVP looked like ass based on -movement- in the vids, but I'm just hoping that it was because they stupidly used a fixed camera so everything looked stiff. We'll find out when we get there, I suppose.
    To be fair in the stupidest way possible. SE is horrible at putting out gameplay trailers for this game, removing the UI and giving shitty cinematic camera angles and first person views make it look like shit. Not to say it wont be shit anyway. The 2 dps 1 healer 1 tank setup they show in the video better not be required when using DutyFinder.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast