1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 32 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 27 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 12 hours, 32 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 21 hours, 27 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Correct me if I am wrong, but you have to buy the Land deed first then buy the actual house?
    The land deed for a small sized house was 850k right?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Banana View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but you have to buy the Land deed first then buy the actual house?
    The land deed for a small sized house was 850k right?
    The small purchase shown in the Live Letter was indeed 850k BUT the prices will fluctuate based on how many get bought, so banking on that number won't really do much for you. I didn't actually watch the letter, so I don't know if your first question has an answer yet, though I don't know why the house would be billed separately from the land rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    The small purchase shown in the Live Letter was indeed 850k BUT the prices will fluctuate based on how many get bought, so banking on that number won't really do much for you. I didn't actually watch the letter, so I don't know if your first question has an answer yet, though I don't know why the house would be billed separately from the land rights.
    I watched a video that had just the housing bit on youtube, and you could see 3 or 4 different 'types' of houses on the same land, design wise I mean, so I am assuming those are bought or crafted? Or do you buy the land and get to pick one of the houses to build? Not sure

You buy the land, and that land has a predetermined Size you can build on it. If you notice, everything that builds the house is Inventory. I'm just going off memory from watching the video and conjecture though. You would practically have however many sizes of houses you want to build as you can fit in your inventory, but what you can Plot Down, will be limited by the size of the land plot you purchase.

You purchase the Land Plot from the server, and craft the house from foundation to roof. Of course you can purchase the materials to build from the Market Board, but that is player to player transactions.

Edit: It'd be interesting to see people buying FC size plots and dropping down a small size house.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I think the last live letter mentioned that on release you could only put say a medium house on a medium plot of land. But in time you could out a small house on a medium plot (to have more yard space).

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

more housing info:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...h3VEPyLU#t=246 click on different times to see more videos with housing area.

Letter 6 video is linked.

hashel hammil

How does the housing work? do you just buy a standard house then apply upgrades to it?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

buy land (different sizes) on that land u buy a house and add upgrades to it. i am not sure about 1 thing.

I buy a large plot of land. i build a small house. can i build more on it, like a bigger garden?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ada Rusheart
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If I recall correctly that's not something that will be available initially (your house must fill the plot?), but I think eventually they'll allow you to build small on a large plot and put more stuff outside.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kyata Rofii
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I remember visiting one of the housing areas in beta phase 3, was called Mist, and was accessed from Lower La Noscea.

http://i.imgur.com/MuelXUu.jpg

Of course I had no idea it would be the housing area at the time, though did find it weird that it was deserted with not even NPCs in sight.

Wish I took pictures, but I was on PS3 during phase 3, unfortunately

Anyone know or visited the other two? Assuming there will be three total, that is.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

The other two areas were not available during Beta.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

:O Was looking all over for those video links! Thanks! :DDD

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

God, i love this reverse auction system. If you dont like the price...wait few hours...

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Concept art

Man, I wonder how much drama this will create.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

A crafting workshop where players can build vehicles such as airships.
    I assume this is for some eventually type of CS transport?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Taruranto View Post
    Man, I wonder how much drama this will create.
    Same as with gear....gear, gear, gear....now...farm, farm, farm...get gear.....bid bid bid...get land...farm, farm farm, item > house > show off

Orsomething like this

http://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-kP...women-want.jpg