1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 12 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 11 hours, 45 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 5 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 4 hours, 45 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Housing/Furniture- Q/A thread

Hello ladies and gents,

Ive searched the internet as much as possible but i cant find info related about housing and furniture, models, sizes, etc. I know there was a link with huge info about houses, different types, models, but i cant find it. If possible please share it.

Ive searched among the forum or web about furniture, mats needed but did not succed to find a list with Furniture.

If possible, can we gather Housing/Furniture links, posts, videos, infos in one place?

Thank you!

the more info i find, i will update it here. thanks again!

#Letter IX

Q: Will there be any maintenance fees or other costs for housing, besides the cost of your land and house?

A: There will not be any other costs like this.

Q: What are the requirements you need to fulfill to have a house?

A: You will have to increase the rank of your free company.

Q: How much land are you planning to implement within a housing area instance?

A: There will be about 30 houses per instance.

Q: Please show us the flow from buying a house up to arranging furniture with a video.

A: (Shows off the content in the video)

Q: Could you explain how exactly will gatherers and crafters will impact the exterior/interior of a house?

A: 85% of the housing will consist of gatherers gathering crafting materials and crafters using those materials to craft items. We will make sure every gathering/crafting class will be able to take part so stay tuned!

Q: Can you change the BGM inside of your house?

A: While it won't be ready for patch 2.1, we will be making it possible to place a jukebox in your house as a furnishing that will allow you to play music in your house.

Q: Will we be able to store items within the furniture?

A: While we currently do not have any plans to do so, we will look into it once we have confirmed the stability of the housing system (mainly the amount of memory it will consume). If it does happen, it will be some time after the 2.1 patch.

Q: What happens when you have a house and you disband your free company?

A: Unless you abandon your house you cannot disband a free company.

Q: Will there be ways to Return straight to your house?

A: We are currently working hard to make it possible to place an aetheryte at your house in 2.1, but it’s cutting it close at the moment.

Q: Will we be able to place bulletin boards and signs in front of our houses?

A: We do have plans to implement a feature in patch 2.2 wherein players will be able to leave a comment on a bulletin board.

Q: Will we receive the resting bonus if we log out within a house?

A: Yes, you will.

Q: Can you move or reconstruct your house?

A: We are planning to have this after patch 2.2.

Q: Will we be able to have a indoor garden within our houses?

A: We do have plans to implement a feature in patch 2.2 wherein players will be able to place a field within the garden area. Players will be able to grow items obtained through gathering and obtain rare items that can only be obtained through the gardening feature.

Q: Can you make an area in your housing area to practice battle skills and calculate damage?

A: There are already a bunch of wooden dummies around Eorzea, and we are planning to make it possible to place them in your house.

Q: If all of the Large size houses are taken, will you be adding additional L size lands immediately?

A: We have plans to add more lands after we confirm the opening of the other areas.

Q: As there are differences in economies from World to World, will the housing costs differ by World?

A: It will be the same for all Worlds. The land for housing will be an auction system, and will start from a high price and over time will become cheaper.

Q: Will we be able to place furniture outside of the house?

A: Furniture will be separated into 2 types. Those that can only be placed within a house and those that can only be placed outside of a house.

Q: Will you be able to stack furniture or place objects on top of furniture?

A: Yes, you will be able to do this.

Q: Will we be able to see the sunlight come through the windows and also be able to view the scenery from within a house?

A: While you will be able to adjust how much sunlight will come through the windows, you will not be able to view the scenery while you are within a house.

Q: Can you expand to an M size or L size house from a S size house?

A: You won’t be able to make changes like this when it is built. You will have to build a new one on open land.

Q: Will we be able to sell our houses (including the furniture)?

A: No, you will only be able to sell the land rights.

Q: Will you be able to have individual rooms in your free company house?

A: We plan on having this after patch 2.2.

Q: Will you add any feature to prevent FC members from taking the furniture?

A: Yes. You will be able to set permissions of who can and cannot move/take the furniture within a house.

Q: What type of facilities will we have access to within a housing area other than the market board and retainer?

A: We have plans to add facilities such as crafting facilities and NPCs that you can buy crafting materials from. Please stay tuned!

Q: Are there fish in the water sources in the housing areas?

A: Yes! And of course you can fish!

Q: Are there any plans to implement any seasonal exteriors of the houses (snow-themed exterior during Christmas, witch-themed exterior during Halloween, etc.)?

A: We do have plans to implement additional housing parts. While we have many ideas regarding seasonal items, we are currently discussing which one of those the players will enjoy the most.

Q: About how much furniture will we have access to when the housing system is implemented?

A: In patch 2.1, there will be about 40 exterior furniture and 180 interior furniture to choose from (and that’s not including the parts of the housing exterior!).

So far, the most imp Q/A from Letter IX. Thanks Solracht

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

This recent Q&A is probably a good place to start:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...IX-Q-A-Updates

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Any chance some1 bookmarked the youtube video where they show the FC Houses?

Thanks

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

There are several videos where they've teased it, so you'd have to be specific. If you're referring to the most recent live letter (Live Letter IX), then you'd have to find a copy, since they always make those videos private until they've been fully officially translated.

I didn't search very long, but I couldn't find a good link.

I don't know why you're asking for information about in-development stuff though. If you're doing any more than just ogling the pretty pictures, you're wasting your time. There isn't much information on it.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

I really hope we can change the flooring/walls like in AC. Even with wall decor the floors and walls in XI looked bland.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    There are several videos where they've teased it, so you'd have to be specific. If you're referring to the most recent live letter (Live Letter IX), then you'd have to find a copy, since they always make those videos private until they've been fully officially translated.

I didn't search very long, but I couldn't find a good link.

I don't know why you're asking for information about in-development stuff though. If you're doing any more than just ogling the pretty pictures, you're wasting your time. There isn't much information on it.
    I saw some pictures, pdfs, videos with Housing. I will try to search. I am interested because thats my main interest at this moment, crafting > housing > furniture, etc. The more info i know, the better it will be. So far, that letter, answered lots of questions ive had.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    I really hope we can change the flooring/walls like in AC. Even with wall decor the floors and walls in XI looked bland.
    You can change the Interior/Exterior walls, and interior flooring. For some reason that question was not quoted here... Go to the link and you can see the complete list of question/answers.

BG Level

Whoops, missed that. Good to know.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

more housing details: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/000532.html

+ Dragon Knight ???

BG Level

IIRC that's what Dragoon is called in Japan, but holy crap why doesn't DRG AF2 look that awesome?

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Dragon Knight AF2 does look that awesome.

idk wtf Rowena's girl's mythology gears is but they ain't AF2 according to the devs!!!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

mythology gear according to the devs is supposed to be af +1

BG Level

So Crystal Tower armor then perhaps? Wonder if we'll get to see other classes soon.

EDIT: Nvm, someone posted screenshots of the new armor on my FC"s site. MNK and BRD are HUGE improvements.

Is it set in stone that housing is FC content?
    Or will it be posible to have your own personal house at some point?

I don't realy like the idea of making a one-man FC just to have my own little house, even though i'm without a FC right now. Or later joining a FC and having to make compromises with a bunch of other people who all have their own wishes and ideas.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Personal housing coming ~6 months after 2.1

Vuitton

So, since housing is just for Free Companies at first, does that mean only FC leaders can purchase/decorate it? Seems pretty lame. I have no fucks to give for FC housing. I care only for my own home. The fun of housing is decorating it how you like. Guess FC leaders are the only ones who get to enjoy this feature?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

It'll be a thing FC master sets permission for just like company chest access. So depends on how "communal" your FC is.

BG Level

Yeah, sucks unless you have permission you'll have zero creativity. I can't blame them though so people can't raid all the furnishings for money. Kinda wish they held off on this until personal rooms (or houses) were added.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

@Vuitton: FC leader can set rank permission on who can access and move things around the house

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast