Page 6 of 733 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread: Dev Tracker: Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pancakesandsex View Post
    Yeah but what I'm saying is that I think the new AF will be NEW AF that replaces old AF, not, old AF +2.
    Well, they went through that period where they were talking about how they were going to re-use models so that we could wear nostalgic clothes and I'm pretty sure they gave the AF as an example. I think it's going to be a straight upgrade to +2 similar to relic armor.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by pancakesandsex View Post
    Yeah but what I'm saying is that I think the new AF will be NEW AF that replaces old AF, not, old AF +2.
    This line makes me think it'll be AF+2.

Quote Originally Posted by Matsui
    Artifact Upgrades
    Adjustment of performance
    Addition of upgrade mechanism
    Though the "Adjustment of performance" makes me wonder if whatever new things the +2 augments will be added to the old original AF, as a way of showing us what it will enhance or do. Besides, for NEW JSE, personally, I'd rather see a new set of models. I know when I came back to the game during Empy armor's hayday, I was really excited to see that most of it was very well done. Enough so that I didn't have to check people to know their job. I'd like to see new models that capture that again, and give us a reason to wear a lot of JSE. Kinda sucks when our 22 jobs are shoehorned into 1/3-5 sets, and everyone just kinda looks the same, besides their weapon, and specific non-set pieces. Current situation of 5/5 red gear players is a perfect example.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Worst case scenario for me is that they update the defense of the armors and add stat vomit appropriate for an iLevel 109 armor without touching any of the JA enhancements (reminiscent of the original AF -> AF+1 upgrades). That's still not so terrible and I'd have a few pieces to upgrade (stat vomit on DNC AF+1 body, THF/RNG AF+1 gloves, etc. would make them better), but I'd be less enthusiastic about it and would have much less to do than if they sprinkled JA enhancements improvements across the board.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I'm just waiting for them to forget some of the unique bonuses on af1+1, like enhances barrage on rng hands.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmagi View Post
    I'm just waiting for them to forget some of the unique bonuses on af1+1, like enhances barrage on rng hands.
    Okay, that would be worse... and pretty similar to what they did with BLM AF2+2 pants.

S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Now everyone is excited lol, thats good to see. I hope they keep up with the monthly updates, that sounds good.
    Because there's good content coming this time unlike the last update, nobody really cared about it outside of you. >_>

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

i'd prefer if the new artifact for old jobs start with a new base tier (109 was it?) and doesn't feature any of the stats from AF/AF+1, just so that they have a clean slate to work with. instead, having AF or AF+1 of the relevant item could be used to lower the requirements for obtaining said new piece.

that way the old job's new base AF will be on par with RUN/GEO and it can be developed further from there.
    unfortunately many pieces of AF have redundant stats even for a +1 version, but a number of pieces may be unique enough that you wouldn't wanna give it up for a trade-up. then again, its not very hard to re-quest and acquire AF at this point.. so maybe the best course of action is trading up.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    i'd prefer if the new artifact for old jobs start with a new base tier (109 was it?) and doesn't feature any of the stats from AF/AF+1, just so that they have a clean slate to work with. instead, having AF or AF+1 of the relevant item could be used to lower the requirements for obtaining said new piece.

that way the old job's new base AF will be on par with RUN/GEO and it can be developed further from there.
    unfortunately many pieces of AF have redundant stats even for a +1 version, but a number of pieces may be unique enough that you wouldn't wanna give it up for a trade-up. then again, its not very hard to re-quest and acquire AF at this point.. so maybe the best course of action is trading up.
    My preferred scenario would be a flat out replacement of old AF/AF+1. But I could see this causing some issue with the mid game for new players fighting maat for the first time. I'm really interested to see how they implement this. Perhaps the new gear drops from caskets are their answer to that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitou View Post
    That's the only adjustment I can think of for gobbie bags that makes sense, there's almost 0 expensive items for them anymore. As far as maps go, I donno. The only map that was kinda annoying to get back in the day was CN, and that was just time consuming because you actually needed help to get to a lot of them like in batallia. Still, I'm always surprised when people say they don't have the CN map.
    That's because nobody really goes through Selbina for much anymore, save the subjob quest. I've seen 99's that didn't even know the clay seals were for that.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I didn't know where to post this, and it's just a rumor like in 2011, but I figured it was worth sharing.

http://www.psu.com/a018741/

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Remember Caitsith? Me neither.

Sigh...

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    Remember Caitsith? Me neither.

Sigh...
    Is that the avatar that will never be in XI ?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Sounds like a Crystal Chronicles spin off of FFXI. God, I hated CC. dat bucket

On a side note, the English reveal of the update notes sheds some light on what that Monstrosity "age increases stats" bit:

Quote Originally Posted by Camate
    Status adjustments
    Adjustments so that certain monsters receive status effects from moon phases

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Seol View Post
    I didn't know where to post this, and it's just a rumor like in 2011, but I figured it was worth sharing.

http://www.psu.com/a018741/
    i really doubt this, and if it is the case they would need to revamp the graphics by alot.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Maybe a reason to remove ps2 support lol

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

it makes more sense today than it did before. XIV will see a PS4 release by next year, so its not in the odd situation where XI is on PS4 and XIV is not.

The graphic quality doesn't have to go up by very much. People know it is an old game.. they're just making it more accessible. Considering the XB360 version tuned it up a fair bit, a PS4 version could just use the same engine but work the settings much higher, not unlike say a high-end PC today. If such a thing is in the development pipeline maybe its just waiting for substantial framework improvements like the mouse-based UI.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If they port the XI client to PS4 they'd be well off to just make the client download free for the migrating PS2 playerbase.

The problem is they still released a bloody expansion pack on PS2, so they're not going to drop support for it for another year and a half at least.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Well I believe BLU/COR/SCH/DNC/PUP AF+1 were basically just +Def/+stat upgrades over NQ AF but some older job AFs actually had unique +stats and bonuses like DRG AF+1 head giving Enhanced Spirit Link. I guess because the newer jobs' AF was made more recently that they didn't need to change much with the AF+1 for them. The odd thing is the only AF+1 that actually REMOVED a stat was THF AF+1 which actually removed some +Steal attributes and replaced it with Ranged Acc(although it COULD be a typo that the Steal+ was removed I suppose.)

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

That's... What he just said. The post you quoted is literally him giving an example of one of the jobs that got a unique status bonus on their +1 version.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    If they port the XI client to PS4 they'd be well off to just make the client download free for the migrating PS2 playerbase.

The problem is they still released a bloody expansion pack on PS2, so they're not going to drop support for it for another year and a half at least.
    Could just give the expansion free if you had it on PS2 when you transfer to PS4.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 733 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast