Closed Thread
Page 154 of 733 FirstFirst ... 104 144 152 153 154 155 156 164 204 ... LastLast

Thread: Dev Tracker: Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    oh no, you could repeat it in a timed event where you'd be better off doing the 200 kill one anyway.
    I can't do kills while afk.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Yes you can, quite easily honestly.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    oh no, you could repeat it in a timed event where you'd be better off doing the 200 kill one anyway. couldnt use frenzy sallet because you wouldn't get enough refresh to make it efficient; doubt a majority of the jobs that can even wear that thing are capable of pushing cures that high to begin with
    Could get the refresh and push cures high enough in abyssea... but having to have the weapon drawn means no empyreal paradox therefore only 2 hours at a time

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I dont see the big deal in makeing cures easy to bot, not like you cant bot points with 500+ dmg spoils kills etc etc. ¬.¬, would just be nice for once to add a repeatable record for backlines that doesnt involve dealing damage (nukes).

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    I dont see the big deal in makeing cures easy to bot, not like you cant bot points with 500+ dmg spoils kills etc etc. ¬.¬, would just be nice for once to add a repeatable record for backlines that doesnt involve dealing damage (nukes).
    this. healers shouldnt have to feel like they're missing out on something just because people are scared of bots. news flash: it already exists, and if there actually was a reason to bot sparks (which really, there isn't) then people are doing it already. let everyone get their couple extra relic/artifact upgrade pages and skillup books and call it a day.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    I think the scare is the less risk/much easier to get/make bot. Heck you don't even need a bot just a loop or even possibly doing it legitimately via pets or trust if that works. Though those methods would probably be horrible speed wise

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Anyone worried about speed while afk botting needs to get slapped the fuck up...You're getting shit for being afk, anything is better than 0.

A gigantic waste of space
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Maurauc Baelfyr
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

They've posted the details for the Mog Wardrobe. Basically another 80 slots just for gear? Fantastic!
    Spoiler: show
    A new category, "Mog Wardrobe," will be added to the "View House" subsection of the main menu.
    This new storage system can be accessed anytime from anywhere and holds up to 80 pieces of equipment.
    Players may don pieces of equipment stored with their Mog Wardrobes by either using the Equipment menu or the /equip command.

The command /wardrobe will be added.
    Executing the command allows players to access their Mog Wardrobes.

Link

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

on one hand, hurray
    on the other hand, Inventory already takes a good 15-20 seconds to load up from zoning, will this add another 3-5 seconds? Why does it already take so long to begin with?

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Maurauc View Post
    Basically another 80 slots just for gear?
    It's more than that.
    It's kinda like having 80 more inventory slots in our main inventory.
    Like going from 80 to 160, almost, even if just for gear.
    This is promising and a much welcome change, but I hope this doesn't become an "excuse" for them to avoid addressing other issues in the current itemization paradigm, like I was saying in the other thread.

@Nynja
    5 seconds? That much really?
    I've always been saying that I'm not too concerned about loading times after zoning, but I think we're kinda slowly reaching the edge of what's reasonably acceptable though =/

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    5 seconds? That much really?
    I've always been saying that I'm not too concerned about loading times after zoning, but I think we're kinda slowly reaching the edge of what's reasonably acceptable though =/
    Simple fix, that they've already kinda been doing, is to have more pre-fight staging areas. Legion, revamped BFs, Nyzul (except timer starts when you zone in, right? /fail), Reives, etc, make it so that when the fighting begins, you're already loaded up and ready to go. Add a staging room to Delve, Skirmish, and any future content, and I wouldn't care if the loading time was 30+ seconds. Very rarely do I find myself needing to change gear or access my inventory immediately after zoning, except for the listed content, where that 20+ seconds of waiting is fairly annoying.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Its annoying when you're running late for something and realize somethings in your locker
    Its annoying when somethings on your other char and when you pop them out of MH to trade it, you're scratching your balls for 20 seconds.

its "just" 20 seconds, but its 20 seconds that should not be 20 seconds.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/cauti...gn-6748013.jpg
    I knew it was coming... but still, godamn!

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

will finally be able to utilize all of my BLU and RUN sets at the same time

http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/It+s+HA...34_4838945.gif

The only part of this that sucks is when you're trying to change jobs- it's going to take even longer now. You'll have to move stuff out of the Wardrobe into your inventory and then into your mog house or porter or whatever and then repeat.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Why does it already take so long to begin with?
    Ever notice how your receive rate never exceeds 4,000 bytes under normal circumstances?

With the lack of actual folks playing this compared to its heyday, I would hope they'd lift or unlock the bandwidth cap on the game since I'm pretty sure they can't use the dial-up excuse in 2014. Would be nice if Wardrobe was made invisible to PC/360 users as just 160 inventory instead of a separate 80, but better than nothing.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    The only part of this that sucks is when you're trying to change jobs- it's going to take even longer now. You'll have to move stuff out of the Wardrobe into your inventory and then into your mog house or porter or whatever and then repeat.
    I think I'm gonna use the wardrobe in a different way.
    I'll put in the wardrobe all my shared gear, those items I use a lot and/or on multiple jobs.
    And will leave the actual items into my "normal" 80 inventory.

I already did this tbh, in my inventory there were like, what, around 20 slots at start which I never removed, including stuff like Dark Rings and basically items I use on most (all?) of my jobs.
    Not that was a very reduced list, but if I could have an 80 slots inventory to use that way be sure I'd put a pack of stuff in there.
    Wonder if you can put Consumables (ammo, jugs, remedies, echos, shihei etc) into Wardrobe or if it's strictly only gear.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I'm pretty sure gearcollector's speed limits are arbitrary right now, so I wouldn't worry about extra time when changing jobs too much.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    I think I'm gonna use the wardrobe in a different way.
    I'll put in the wardrobe all my shared gear, those items I use a lot and/or on multiple jobs.
    And will leave the actual items into my "normal" 80 inventory.

I already did this tbh, in my inventory there were like, what, around 20 slots at start which I never removed, including stuff like Dark Rings and basically items I use on most (all?) of my jobs.
    Not that was a very reduced list, but if I could have an 80 slots inventory to use that way be sure I'd put a pack of stuff in there.
    Wonder if you can put Consumables (ammo, jugs, remedies, echos, shihei etc) into Wardrobe or if it's strictly only gear.
    obviously sort stuff the way that you keep stuff you use regularly among all job in the wardrobe. I will definitly put all my recast staves, obis etc into the wardrobe ¬.¬ Fuck manually draging out and in obis when you change your storm spell/wather/day whatever! I can think allready of 30+ pieces I use along almost all jobs to be put in the wardrobe

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/It+s+HA...34_4838945.gif

You are not supposed to change wardrobe when you change jobs....

In my case, PDT/MDT sets, elemental belts and necks, and gear most jobs have in common... like acc sets, traumas body...
    Will have to edit all my itemizers files..... after the addon get fixed...