Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 285 of 733 FirstFirst ... 235 275 283 284 285 286 287 295 335 ... LastLast

Thread: Dev Tracker: Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

I suspect his source is a BLU who magian'd a set of dark path swords.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Excuse me if i'm assuming too much but before they released ilvl weapons, many jobs couldnt land secondary effects. Stardiver's crit evasion never proc'd, gungnir's defense down hardly proc'd, violent flourish, sudden lunge etc. Wasnt it only after "m.acc skill" was added that we could land those? Didnt SE say that we have been gaining m.acc skill all along but the stat was previously not ever shown? Normally we would get +macc skill from combat skills, which was probably why added effects didnt proc much on high level mobs(higher meva) and why when skilling up a low skill weapon, hardly ever saw procs from additional effects from WS. Also like i said, a 75main/37blu could land headbutt's stun and sprout smack slow with 0blue skill which means it's acc had to be from main hand skill(or the m.acc component of it). The m.acc skill we get from weapons now is probably a different category of m.acc skill since we never saw acc increase for spells from it. I suspect the ilvl m.acc skill is just a parsimonious way of increasing spell acc in addition to ws and blue secondsry effects because it saves them from having to add enfeeb/elemental/divine/wind/string acc to every ilvl gear so they compiled it into m.acc skill. At any rate, i would think players probably gained some kind of main hand weapon m.acc stat from combat skill prior to SoA since most players didnt really ever need m.acc to land stardiver's secondary or blue magic's secondary. (Also DNC reported for years that m.acc affected v.flourish and since there's no dance skill, the m.acc had to come from main hand, just as it does for blue magic secondary being affected by main hand skill. Certain ws and blu spells probably have set % of proc however like Tachi Gekko which says "Silences target. Damage varies with TP" instead of "chance of silence varies with TP like other ws.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Additional effects for melee WS were based on mainhand skill. However, blue magic additional effects have always replaced that part of the equation with blue magic skill.

The m.acc skill we get from weapons now is probably a different category of m.acc skill since we never saw acc increase for spells from it.
    +magic accuracy skill most certainly affects it and is very noticeable.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Man make some paragraphs lol.

Anyways yes weapon skill played a part in additional effect procs of ws and weapon additional effects. You are getting too hung up on the name and trying to compare melee stuff to blue MAGIC too much. Macc skill is just macc pure and simple. That's why it works with everything. It's supposed to account for the macc we'd get from all skills as we level not just weapon category.

As far as blu spells go the additional effects just happened to be rather accurate especially when you were fighting weaker stuff solo as drg/blu hard stuff it was poor on. And I've definitely landed additional effects on blu wearing a staff. If you played blu back in the day as a stun spammer you'd notice a decent difference wearing blu skill gear in land rates.

Also Byrth did some flourish testing think he actually determined it wasn't skill related

And if 1000 Needles taught us anything, SE has no qualms with artificially manipulating an ability's accuracy regardless of how much a related skill you add to the mix. My past experiences on BLU, barring stun immunities, usually saw Head Butt getting resisted on VT-IT stuff, especially if it was something more mage-y like a Soulflayer. But overall, I think this manual jiggering is what leads to a myriad of special effects outright not landing even if damage components do. They can then lob out "working as intended" because they technically are, it's just we don't like how poorly they work.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Ah didnt know it was skill related since i was able to land on vt with /37 skill. Oh well. Maybe v.flourish is a static% or level dependent?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Think Bryth showed it was level (or at least something effected by level)

Also lol at the we hate goldsmiths post... we understand it's hard to get ingredients for high level goldsmithing but we have no plans to do anything about it... instead we will continue to make new recipes so check them out. Except of course 90% of the time they add new recipes to help high level crafters skill up they leave out goldsmithing and when they don't it still uses an Ormulo ingot anyways.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

can probably kill Muru chamber with like 3 people these days, shouldn't be too hard to farm ormolu

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

True but based on dbs droprates 3 people could probably farm the gil faster just the supply is an issue. I mean you'd expect what 1-2 a run on average trioing?

Part of the problem is it's also wasteful since the only somewhat worth making higher than lvl 106 is sharur and it doesn't sell and is t0

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Pretty nice tease for the new alliance content coming soon (regarding the crossbow being hard to get). Whether its WoE part 2 or something new...

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Well didnt they have a similar phrasing for things like Seraphicaller? Easy to get if you have a proper LS still, "hard" for shoutfreelancers.

Campaign
    BG Level

They kinda used a similar sentence for Divinator and Seraphicaller yeah, when they announced ilevel 119 versions of them

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Just saw the preview for september update..did they just delay Atomos again? XD

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Hopefully with this they might add higher level effect bolts that aren't RNG only (which is btw the stupidest thing SE has ever done)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

And maybe bring rng bolt dmg up to par... xbow/bolt dmg has increased less than bow/gun by a lot which is less than most other weapon types

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I hope they adjust DNC steps this update.

Another 2 job point categories would also be nice.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Seha View Post
    Just saw the preview for september update..did they just delay Atomos again? XD
    What the fuck else is new?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Gonna be awesome when Atomos is a piece of crap no one will ever use and then you complain about that too. Given how long Cait Sith was delayed and is still basically lvl 75 as far as BP go, I'm not surprised they keep delaying Atomos. Still I'm a little bummed we have to keep waiting forever for a continuation/capping off of the WoTG story, and probably Lillisette trust.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Well, there's still a chance they might give Cait Sith the last 2-3 BPs this update. They also still have Hastega II to give to Garuda.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hitou View Post
    Gonna be awesome when Atomos is a piece of crap no one will ever use and then you complain about that too. Given how long Cait Sith was delayed and is still basically lvl 75 as far as BP go, I'm not surprised they keep delaying Atomos. Still I'm a little bummed we have to keep waiting forever for a continuation/capping off of the WoTG story, and probably Lillisette trust.
    That is pretty much all I care about, I would like to see that story get some resolution.