BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 370 of 733 FirstFirst ... 320 360 368 369 370 371 372 380 420 ... LastLast

Thread: Dev Tracker: Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Knew this was coming, but might be here in December or January.

Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah
    For those of you who have been collecting stones from Alluvion skirmishes, here is a bit of information for you.

In the future we are planning to add more avenues for using the stones you can obtain from Alluvion skirmishes when we add armor with the continuation of Alluvion skirmish.
    Stock up while they're cheap.

Campaign
    BG Level

Hope they're going to limit the amount of possible augs or we're back to square one...

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    It's pretty awesome when you solo, or when I leech from people botting. Guess setitng up a bot there must be simpler than in other zones.
    Small rooms, non aggroing, non linking mobs with easily stunnable TP moves.
    It's really awesome for solo on those jobs who can't exploit zones like Woh Gates (Acuex, Umbrils etc)
    Haha just saw this sorry. Personally I can't fight butterflies because their tp moves tend to cause display driver crashes for me. I know Trav favored the butterflies because it was a super fast way to cap sparks but the people who really want fast JP went to harder places like Woh. Unfortunately you need a lot of acc for that so it's probably not a good option if you don't have a bard mule.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Not that I didn't expect further Alluvion Skirmishes, but eww yuck.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

if it looks as cool as the alluvion weapons I'm down to clown

if it's ebur gear or something it can go fuck itself

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I need more walls in my Mog House. All mine are covered in the flags. I'm kind of disappointed we didn't get an Adoulin Flag furnishing, but I would have had to take down another flag to put it up. (bastok. I'd take bastok down.)

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

dont be disrespectful to bastok, man! (windurst is the one that that fuckin sucks)

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I just want AF3 but new skirmish is cool, I hope it has a fun concept. I really like the concept they had for skirmish 2 but they made it so stupid and boring... They could have had some cool mechanics in there.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hoshiku View Post
    Haha just saw this sorry. Personally I can't fight butterflies because their tp moves tend to cause display driver crashes for me. I know Trav favored the butterflies because it was a super fast way to cap sparks but the people who really want fast JP went to harder places like Woh. Unfortunately you need a lot of acc for that so it's probably not a good option if you don't have a bard mule.
    Would dat swapping fix the problem?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Hope they're going to limit the amount of possible augs or we're back to square one...
    Quote Originally Posted by Capuchin View Post
    Not that I didn't expect further Alluvion Skirmishes, but eww yuck.
    http://tehkrizz.net/FFXI/images/20140530_NewSet.png

My bets on the gear. Go ewww yuck yourself, that shits pretty sexy. From what they've said in the past, IMO we'll be getting heads and bodies in this next batch of Alluvion. Just a guess here from what they hinted at, but I'd put my money on Leaf stones dropping commonly here, with a new type of stone being the rarer drop. New stone can be used on armor/weapons to grant a third aug. No more increasing ilvl mess, no wiping augments, etc.

Campaign
    BG Level

Yes we have an NPC who can store stones but do we really need NEW TYPES of stone? >____>
    Wonder if we'll get +1 version of Alluvion weapons now.
    Doubt it but who knows.

If they give a LIMITED amount of possible augments for each stone on each piece of equipment then the system might work a bit better.
    I feel the problem comes when you have too many possible augments and it becomes incredibly frustrating and expensive to get what you want even using the "right" stone.
    Comparing old sets, it worked kinda decently on Otronif or Gendewitha, but it was very frustrating on Hagondes and Iuitl.
    Something like 2-3 possible augments max per stone on each piece sounds ok to me.

Edit:
    Can stored stones be used directly to augment your gear or do you have to take them off the NPC and trade them regularly?

Edit2 @Mali:
    The 3D model looks pretty bad, hope it's an unfinished one.
    The Artwork on the other hand is pretty hot instead!

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Go ewww yuck yourself, that shits pretty sexy.
    The concept art is cool. The model posted, however, is an aesthetic abortion. Sorry. Too much cloth and metal clashing with colors being all over the place.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I kinda like that armor set, although we rarely wear 5/5 of new gear so...

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Dat swapping might fix it, had not thought of that. Also that helm makes me glad for /displayhead off!

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Is that only 1 armor set? i figured it looked that way cause it had 2 models mashed together...

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The armor set with the model is already in the game, though it seems to only be shown in the RUN ergon quest line (specifically, a taru RUN wears it in the solo BC). I would almost say it's more likely to be a RUN empyrean armor set. Anyway, as for the ugliness, I did a little toying with it, and here's what it'd look like without those big honkin' shoulders:
    http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...lyarmorfix.jpg
    edit: I suppose I should remove those knee plates too

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by JeanPaul View Post
    The armor set with the model is already in the game, though it seems to only be shown in the RUN ergon quest line (specifically, a taru RUN wears it in the solo BC).
    Knew it was in the .dats, but wasn't aware of it being used in that BC. Doesn't help that it's on a Taru, so hard to see anything unique on them as is without zooming in. XD The Geo fight is against a Fomor Geo in relic gear IIRC.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Knew it was in the .dats, but wasn't aware of it being used in that BC. Doesn't help that it's on a Taru, so hard to see anything unique on them as is without zooming in. XD The Geo fight is against a Fomor Geo in relic gear IIRC.
    i dont think the taru is useing it. but then again did the fight over 6 months ago.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

JP post today asking that something be done in respect to rampant botting. Lomloon appears to be saying something along the lines of, "We ban them at regular intervals and your reports do matter."

Campaign
    BG Level

Totally. /rolleyes