Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    burn muslims
    shame on you lol.

whats the best 119 axe for pet defense?

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Double CP campaign starting Monday and lasting a week. Nomnom, first campaign after +50% CP capes.
    50% capes do not exist! Stop with those lies! ><

Love how we still have absolutely no idea wtf Unity Concord is. -.-
    I do have my own idea.
    It's gonna be for LS what Union was for Campaign.
    I imagine an NPC that allows you to create an "Unity Concord" group. Once you become the leader of that group you can invite up to X other linkshells to join that concord.
    Once they do everything typed in LSchat among the LS part of the Concord will be shared among each other and so users of linkshell X will be able to talk on the same "channel" as users from the linkshell Y, if they both joined the same Unity Concord.
    I have no clue of course, I'm just imagining it to be something like this, more or less.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    shame on you lol.

Don't think there's any? Your only options are PDT (old TotM ones) or the new ones with all sort of buffs ranging from Haste, Acc, Att, DA, Enmity, Evasion etc.
    There's also old ones with Regen and Regain but doubt they're worth compared to the recent options.

Look at this for instance Izizoeksi. What's not to love about this little jewel?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Don't think there's any? Your only options are PDT (old TotM ones) or the new ones with all sort of buffs ranging from Haste, Acc, Att, DA, Enmity, Evasion etc.
    There's also old ones with Regen and Regain but doubt they're worth compared to the recent options.

Look at this for instance Izizoeksi. What's not to love about this little jewel?
    correct me if I am wrong but alluvion skirmish axes have pet: PDT or pet: MDT augments on them up -5

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    shame on you lol.

What? Everyone knows that's the best way to stop your pets from dying... except loupons for some reason.

If you mean defense stat can only think of a couple old 75 era ones if you mean defensive: Anahera Tabar has 40 evasion so I guess on not too hard of stuff could help. Izizoeksi has 5 dt. I think Kumbhakarna got some defensive stats but no one has bothered to post much of alluvion weapon augments in general especially lol bst weapons what little I've seen have been rather low values. delve augmentable one has 15 evasion.

You could always offhand some ToTM without losing ilvl but you'd miss out on pet acc, haste and/or DA. DA only goes up to 3 iirc so not a huge deal. Acc may or may not matter. You can almost cap pet haste with Axe Iziz without needing some on your offhand (24%)... but doing so misses out on some defensive stuff and/or acc. Like not offhanding Hunahpu is 30 pet acc by itself. Also means not using some pet pdt in the hands or legs that was avaialable... but then if you had done that you'd also go to 23 pet haste I think. And while a little loss doesn't sound like much it's becoming more important as bst gets access to more pet haste from jps

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

mulsum != muslim

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Any new info from those posts?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

* Decreasing Shadow Lord fight merit point cost.

* I'm pretty sure they told 1H players asking for a boost to fuck off

* They're not going to let wait take a sub-second argument for some totally invalid reason

* Something about the welcome screen on the website.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post

* Something about the welcome screen on the website.
    I think someone was asking why they keep getting the welcome screen after choosing the veteran players option, which seemed to amount to "cookies."

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

EV is one of the harder ones, tulfaire tanks the whole thing (this remains true for all 5, but slug can probably do Taru), BST stands behind. after 2-3 ruinator + snarls, hate is cemented on the bird. every attack that isn't arrogance incarnate will be reduced significantly due to the tulfaire's 50% slashing resistance, and the rest will all be reduced by DT gear (arrogance included). Sub NIN to avoid the AoE dispel and DD her down. Can use Unleash + Molting Plumage to take off 10-15% of her HP, too. It's important to ensure that snarl is up for ever early ruinator so you can get hate right back on the bird, AI will kill you.

The rest you just tank with tulfaire and DD down. For hume, run back out of mijin range at 5% and let Unleash handle it. For galka, you can ignore the wyvern. Same for mithra, but killing tiger every now and then can help, it isn't hard. Just bring a real Reward set with capped -recast and make sure you aren't halfassing your DD gear. You won't be able to do this as an entry level or AH BST, stick to Easy for that or bring a BRD. For soloing D, you'll need Aymur.

Byrth got most of it there.

I should note that for the 1H WS related one, a response right after points out how autoattacks don't matter for one handers because everyone's at capped delay reduction anyway, and in fact dual wielders lose out because of TP loss, and as of right now it has 43 likes vs the 3 likes of the dev post.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    EV is one of the harder ones, tulfaire tanks the whole thing (this remains true for all 5, but slug can probably do Taru), BST stands behind. after 2-3 ruinator + snarls, hate is cemented on the bird. every attack that isn't arrogance incarnate will be reduced significantly due to the tulfaire's 50% slashing resistance, and the rest will all be reduced by DT gear (arrogance included). Sub NIN to avoid the AoE dispel and DD her down. Can use Unleash + Molting Plumage to take off 10-15% of her HP, too. It's important to ensure that snarl is up for ever early ruinator so you can get hate right back on the bird, AI will kill you.

How do you handle the the damage you will take from banishga/AI over the course of battle or just unlucky diaga/AoE ws?

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    Byrth got most of it there.

I should note that for the 1H WS related one, a response right after points out how autoattacks don't matter for one handers because everyone's at capped delay reduction anyway, and in fact dual wielders lose out because of TP loss, and as of right now it has 43 likes vs the 3 likes of the dev post.
    Thanks for the all the translations Kincard.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    How do you handle the the damage you will take from banishga/AI over the course of battle or just unlucky diaga/AoE ws?

you aren't taking damage from AI, and you can outrun banishga easily. time Ni with diaga and you'll never get hit by an AoE WS.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    you aren't taking damage from AI, and you can outrun banishga easily. time Ni with diaga and you'll never get hit by an AoE WS.
    Ah I'm usual the only one in melee range so didn't realize you could avoid AI like that

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

it has a blind spot right behind her, so if the bird has hate in front you can stand right behind and won't get hit

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

The range on arrogance incarnate is actually pretty crappy (I think it's a narrow cone?). A lot of pld+rng pickup groups I've joined used a smn or a cor/smn to halve AI damage, and if the pet isn't closely lined up with the pld they don't get hit.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

its definitely not cone

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    its definitely not cone
    ^

Its a short range AoE... can't give an exact distance but its pretty short, I'd say probably a hair or so beyond Melee range.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

not a full radial AoE