Closed Thread
Page 479 of 733 FirstFirst ... 429 469 477 478 479 480 481 489 529 ... LastLast

Thread: Dev Tracker: Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by urat View Post
    Where's a good spot to see what drops people are getting from the souped up BCNM fights going on right now?
    Assuming it's like the previous ones.... http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/119...n!-(11-11-2013)

Also could check ffxidb

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

So they confirmed the SMN bug and they are fixing it:

Greetings,

The development team has been looking into this as we’ve been receiving various reports. As a result of testing, we’ve discovered that magical Blood Pact damage is lower than usual, and we’ve also determined the cause.

When equipping the following items to increase your avatars’ level, the additional magic damage that they should have been receiving was not being properly reflected.

Nirvana
    Nirvana (Afterglow)
    Asteria Mitts +1
    Lamassu Mitts
    Convocaller
    Dashavatara Sachet
    Eminent Sachet
    Idaraaja
    Seraphicaller

Additionally, the effect from the gift that gives increased spirit and avatar magic attack was also not being properly reflected.

We’re currently working to resolve this issue, and we are planning to fix this during the maintenance tonight.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Hahahaha one of my guys just shelved SMN and dumped 30k alex that may have gone to Nirvana into BST augments after the nerf hahahahahahaha.

I'm at working cracking the fuck up and getting weird looks. R-I-fucking-P hope.

Re: BST

Weapon Skills
    We will adjust skillchain attributes. Pets will no longer be able to skillchain just by themselves, so party configurations will change.

Adjustments to Ready recast time
    There are no plans for adjustments at this time.
    I think this is actually good. It nerfs the hell out of unleash with bird + raptor, which is lame, and definitely nerfs using two lizards to spam fusion up and down all over everything, so there is going to be a number of places where BST damage drops significantly from before. For people who don't know what the fuck (bandwagon) this may be a pretty big hit and may get some people off the job so people will shut the fuck up about it.

Also helps for stuff like Plouton where you desperately try to avoid SCs but sometimes have shit pet combos under 50%

But also there goes the easiest method I have access to for popping Perf/Pluton currently...guess it's time to spam vagary 24/7 before they implement this.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Given their comments on Ready equipment, it seems they're unaware about switching the Ready delay- equipment out before the WS goes off.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Given their comments on Ready equipment, it seems they're unaware about switching the Ready delay- equipment out before the WS goes off.
    Yeah, though to be completely honest they could also change that right now and I'd lose ~50 ACC, 5 DA, and 200 TP bonus to ready moves.

Like...it would suck dick, don't get me wrong. But I'd rather them nerf the 2-stage check for ready moves and make it like QD / SMN BP / etc before they nerf ready timer.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

:X I see they noticed the other dominant strat currently too. Plz don't nerf magic burst T.T.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

We believe that we shouldn't make adjustments in a hurry based off of what is happening in a limited amount of the game's content, so we don't have a nerf planned at this time. However, we plan on moving forward with this general plan for adjustments in the future:
    Got a small chuckle out of that one, it didn't take them long to nerf Rudra's after complaining.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Not necessarily; using Charmer's Merlin pretty much precludes meleeing effectively any way you slice it, so maybe they mean that.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

rudra's storm was also: wear 5/5 i119 and shit out 30k rudra storms all day and do more damage than mostly any job with minimal effort. bst is garbage without real gear

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Ramzii View Post
    rudra's storm was also: wear 5/5 i119 and shit out 30k rudra storms all day and do more damage than mostly any job with minimal effort. bst is garbage without real gear
    Know I'm opening a can of worms, but weren't those numbers heavily reliant on 300tp and also having a SATA partner? People only complained because it was thf, who isn't supposed to do anything except tag TH.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Depended on the mob I guess but a lot of unity NMs if you had 3k TP you could go much higher than 30k dmg. Even now you can hit 30k dmg w/ a 3k tp stacked rudras on unity NMs. What was broken was seeing those kinds of numbers in 133 incursion.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Yeah, though to be completely honest they could also change that right now and I'd lose ~50 ACC, 5 DA, and 200 TP bonus to ready moves.

Like...it would suck dick, don't get me wrong. But I'd rather them nerf the 2-stage check for ready moves and make it like QD / SMN BP / etc before they nerf ready timer.
    BPs are still 2 stages as well.

A huge part of the reason I dont think SE can undo the 2 stage principle of pet abilities is the whole "charge refund if pet is out of range" thing.

Im not sure if bst has the same thing, if you do command pet to do a ready move and it gets the "target was out of range" do you get your charge refunded back?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Xantavia View Post
    Know I'm opening a can of worms, but weren't those numbers heavily reliant on 300tp and also having a SATA partner? People only complained because it was thf, who isn't supposed to do anything except tag TH.
    Partially true, even at 1750TP they were still putting out some serious numbers. Thieves that would parse maybe 33% of my damage at most pre-buff were now parsing ~90% of it (and in some cases would do more dependent on who was debuffed longer) in mostly cookie cutter i119 shit while I basically had perfect SAM gear. If those were vajra THF numbers then sure, it'd be fine, but this was for izhiikoh/jugo kukri thieves who had maybe spent a week gearing at most

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

pets unable to solo sc is pretty huge.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by urat View Post
    BPs are still 2 stages as well.

A huge part of the reason I dont think SE can undo the 2 stage principle of pet abilities is the whole "charge refund if pet is out of range" thing.

Im not sure if bst has the same thing, if you do command pet to do a ready move and it gets the "target was out of range" do you get your charge refunded back?
    Doesn't happen offer but iirc, no you do not.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Xantavia View Post
    Usually decent amount of att buffs/def down debuffs too unless target had a dmg mechanism.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Doesn't happen offer but iirc, no you do not.
    Yeah it still used up my charge last night

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I think this is actually good. It nerfs the hell out of unleash with bird + raptor, which is lame, and definitely nerfs using two lizards to spam fusion up and down all over everything, so there is going to be a number of places where BST damage drops significantly from before. For people who don't know what the fuck (bandwagon) this may be a pretty big hit and may get some people off the job so people will shut the fuck up about it.
    They might not change the bird/raptor though. Not wanting to self skillchain and having lvl 3 properties aren't necessarily at odds due to 3 charges. Outside of unleash you'll need another person/pet. And iirc that was part of there reasoning making those 3 charges

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ramzii View Post
    It doesn't take much to gear a BST to adequate lvl with the job point and ready gear... So that isn't really true, this is worse than the THF thing and they nerfed that a lot quicker. Glad they are adjusting it, hopefully they do it more.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

They need to nerf blu