Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

On the one hand I like detail. On the other this episode and the past like 2 could have been crammed into one and it screams "padding" and/or VERY faithfully following the source (which I haven't read so don't know). "Yes food is delicious" we kind of get it. Can we get on with it next week?

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

I'm enjoying the show so far.

Spoiler: show
    Seriously having the feels for the girl in that guild when he was talking to her and she was coughing. Her little coughing fit brought tears in my eyes. Plus his badass response was so ROAR! I need the rescue episode. ( . _ . )

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I was hoping to see what I wanted in this weeks episode, but I didn't. What I got was enough to make up for it though. However this means next weeks episode should be full of amazing awesomeness and I cannot wait.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azull Abaddon
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I hope so. It feels like the last month could have been done in 1 week.

Yeah, casting aside combat mechanics for economics is a risky move, and even then I feel like "success" would be shoehorned in just because most MMO economies tend to be shit. The impending rescue needs to be big with them then tackling what it is that might have people locked in the world. For all their talk of it being an expansion, they technically have seen no expansion content, either.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

The pacing isn't good, but far better than SnK at least. I'm watching 9 shows this season, so the pacing isn't that much of a factor to me.

As far as the story goes, digging it so far

One thing that bugged me an episode or so back was Shiroe being locked out of one of the guild rooms. I'm getting the vibe Elizabeth is either gonna bolt with all their gold/investment or that she's somehow involved in the lowbie slave ring.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    One thing that bugged me an episode or so back was Shiroe being locked out of one of the guild rooms. I'm getting the vibe Elizabeth is either gonna bolt with all their gold/investment or that she's somehow involved in the lowbie slave ring.
    I'm pretty sure that wasn't inside the Crescent Moon Alliance guild hall. It was in the common access to all of the guild housing (this game dynamic was explained previously). He was standing outside the door to Hamelin's guild hall, where Tohya and Minori were being held.

Maybe. Just seemed odd for Akatsuki to bump into the mechanic, have her explain it and how she controls locks, and then Shiroe bump into it later. For the moment, it seems like some completely fluff thing for the show to actually address.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Maybe. Just seemed odd for Akatsuki to bump into the mechanic, have her explain it and how she controls locks, and then Shiroe bump into it later. For the moment, it seems like some completely fluff thing for the show to actually address.
    It's not a maybe, he was outside the door the hamelin's guild while talking to her. That scene carried with it a specific bit of foreshadowing. It was as significant as the scene where Shiroe is looking at the entire guild building after explaining the new mechanic to buy buildings.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    It's not a maybe, he was outside the door the hamelin's guild while talking to her. That scene carried with it a specific bit of foreshadowing. It was as significant as the scene where Shiroe is looking at the entire guild building after explaining the new mechanic to buy buildings.
    [speculation]
    His plan is to buy the entire building that the guild halls are connected to, thus gaining access to all halls and rooms because he is the owner.
    [/speculation]

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Damn, I didn't even think of that. I thought he was just going to persuade all the other "good" guilds to go after Hamelin but that wouldn't really explain why he needs the money. It would fit since he hints that previously unbuyable buildings now are, but cost a ton.

I thought he'd been looking at some building somewhere else when they were talking about it and not the actual guild hall. But if there's a manga equivalent of this out there that's further ahead, then I guess someone could have insider info there.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The original, let's not get into the web novel and 2ch posts, is a Light Novel. There's a manga adaptation/side-story based off the light novel as well, but it doesn't go far. If you hang around /a/ on 4chan you'll probably end up reading a whole bunch of spoilers. The popularity for log horizon exploded after the author himself showed up in a thread responding to questions; volumes 2, 3, and 4 have already been translated and posted on baka-tsuki.

Yeah, good luck seeing me on 4chan.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I haven't read any of the source material, just pure speculation on my part.

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Damn, I didn't even think of that. I thought he was just going to persuade all the other "good" guilds to go after Hamelin but that wouldn't really explain why he needs the money. It would fit since he hints that previously unbuyable buildings now are, but cost a ton.
    Hamelin is additional leverage to use against the Black Sword Knights and Silver Sword, if they get pissy. After all, Akatsuki has been tailing the XP Potion handoffs

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

This episode was definetely more interesting than the past 2, though action is lacking a bit too much now, need to get to some battlefields!

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

We should eventually be getting some scrub quest adventures. But yeah this definitely isn't an anime with a lot of action.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Honestly I find the mindgames and the plots Shiroe cooks up more interesting than the action scenes anyway. Besides, the action scenes are always filtered with "And this is how you do THIS in the game!", "Here is another explanation for all the people who have never played an MMO or even an RPG before!" which sort of slows down the action anyway.

I love the cat guy, srsly. He's adorable <3