+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Log Horizon     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Arelian View Post
    I think people are potentially forgetting the idea that they might not actually be "stuck" in the game. It's entirely plausible, within the scope of the universe, that it's never been a game but some wacky portal into another world and the "World Fraction" was some weird-ass magic spell that actually just transported people that were playing into this other world.

I mean, the entire point of the majority of Season 1 was to show the fact that NPCs are no longer just NPCs. They are, ostensibly, normal-ass people.
    That's the thing. We have nooooooooooo clue. Don't get me wrong I enjoy it. But it's just kinda confusing at this point where the RL aspect matters, if at all. Also yeah, that main chick that he kept remembering. They did her a disjustice with the way she looks. Everyone else looks more or less the same and the animation is so far close enough to what it was before.

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I dunno, Marielle(?)looked quite a bit different.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Yeah I thought it was me. She looks pretty different.

You're right. Most the older females did actually. Her and the chick with the glasses both looked different.

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Liked the new epi, hope the season will keep up this pace and won't fall on filler-like stuff like the first.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Get that SAO fan service shit outta here. Animation complaints aside, this plot is by and large far ahead of other shows with a similar concept.
    I'm generally not an anime fan (stumbled onto No Game No Life and have been poking around other series since) and certainly don't care about "SAO fan service"; I just don't enjoy Log Horizon that much. The MMO mechanics are obviously much better in LH, but the plot setup, real death anxiety, and battles from SAO's first arc were just more appealing to me. The first season of LH was like half attending balls, planning festivals, beach parties, etc. Maybe I'm crazy. SAO's second arc was not the greatest; just something about the first arc really resonated with me.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Nono you're not crazy. Come hug me.

Most people like the first arc of SAO, that's not where the problem with the show lies for the most part.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

First 13-14 were pretty amazing for SAO. I still enjoy it but it's a different show.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Episode was sweet. I (probably we) am biased, but I like how they put so much detail into describing how the raid mechanics in the game worked. It reminded me how much detail they put into Krusty's strat against the goblin king last season.

Would've been nice if they cut out some of the time fighting slimes or watching Demi-glace be emo in favor of more of the boss encounter (especially the 2nd one), but I guess we get what we get.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerlic View Post
    Episode was sweet. I (probably we) am biased, but I like how they put so much detail into describing how the raid mechanics in the game worked. It reminded me how much detail they put into Krusty's strat against the goblin king last season.
    Except 1/2 the episode was Demi-glance doing wyvern kick. And him beating the shit out of rocks.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I wouldn't go that far. Episode was pretty good, with them not just going over basic MMO raid mechanics, but also specifically how they (in the world of Log Horizon) were tackling the raid and problems.

If you don't like MMOs, video games, or character development, I can start to see how this anime is pretty boring.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I think the first two episodes of this season have been a massive improvement over the first season. SAO's latest episode also cut a bunch of filler crap and was pretty solid. I'd be happy if both continue to trend upwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    I wouldn't go that far. Episode was pretty good, with them not just going over basic MMO raid mechanics, but also specifically how they (in the world of Log Horizon) were tackling the raid and problems.

If you don't like MMOs, video games, or character development, I can start to see how this anime is pretty boring.
    I did enjoy the episode. But the 2nd raid boss was 5 seconds of screen time and the first boss you only saw them really take it to 90% and then it died. At least tell me what the loot was! I saw massive chests and we don't even know if it was just mats or if there were raid weapons as well . I have no issues with the explanation stuff. Just the Demikas stuff is annoying.

Delicious scenes are great. Especially the flashbacks to the original fight and taunting.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Oh wow, that ending.
    That was an interesting episode. At first I was annoyed as it started as if was going to be a filler. I enjoyed the Akatsuki stuff, but also wanted something about it to happen in the episode already. And then bam the alley fight

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post

Oh wow, that ending.
    That was an interesting episode. At first I was annoyed as it started as if was going to be a filler. I enjoyed the Akatsuki stuff, but also wanted something about it to happen in the episode already. And then bam the alley fight
    Spoiler: show
    None of this is filler. Akatsuki and the alley killer is all volume 6.

And next episode is Soujiro's overskill (don't know why CR is translating it as The Teachings).

filthy liars!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deuce Angaar
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by The Blackrose View Post
    Spoiler: show
    None of this is filler. Akatsuki and the alley killer is all volume 6.

And next episode is Soujiro's overskill (don't know why CR is translating it as The Teachings).
    Because it's CR. Their translations have improved, but they still make mistakes and localize some translations.

Really liking the 2nd season so far though. Seen some people complain about the changes DEEN made with the animation, but it hasn't bothered me too much. Looking forward to next week's episode.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I'm trying not to complain too hard about the animation quality because it is what it is, but there are times where the dip in quality is pretty noticeable.

Was the reason between Nyanta meeting with Roderick explained in some earlier episode or season 1?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast