+ Reply to Thread

Thread: kyousogiga     submit to reddit submit to twitter

kyousogiga

Summary: It's Kyoto, and yet it is not. A microcosm of peculiar origins, "Mirror Kyoto". A small incident causes a young girl, Koto, to wander into this world.

She runs into a mysterious monk, gets chased around by a tech-obsessed girl, and heartily enjoys her chaotic and colorful new life, but meanwhile, out of sight, a certain plan is being set into motion… In this mysterious city where spirits and humans have been thrown together, the festivities are about to begin!

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Just watched ep 1 and I'm pretty damn confused. I didn't follow the episode at all. Anyone able to elaborate?

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Ep 1 ep 1, or Ep 0 ep 1?

Silent Oil body rubs
    BG Level

Japanese names: Last Name/First Name

Yakushimaru Myōe (1st Male guy) was the son of a human female and fox spirit. He has the ability to make drawings come to life.
    one drawing, a black bunny came to love Myoe and was gifted a human body. she was known as Koto (or Lady Koto.)
    They adopted Yakushimaru as their child, took Myoe as his last name. Myoe Yakushimaru is a real human.
    Yakushimaru Myōe and Lady Koto created to elder older siblings, Kurama and Yase, drawings made real.

the family was consider unnatural in the real world, the family fled to Yakushimaru Myōe's drawing. family lived there for years.
    Lady Koto knew she couldn't keep her human body forever, she and Koto leave (for some reason.)
    Myoe Yakushimaru now just goes by Myoe (as he looks like adult Yakushimaru Myōe, except his eyes are blue instead of red.) The 3 siblings mold their father's world and pretty much progress society to a more modern version.

young Koto is supposedly the human child of Yakushimaru Myōe and Lady Koto.
    Guy in the fox mask is Inari, who is Yakushimaru Myōe in a younger body.

I'm still a bit confused as to everything going on.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

ep 1; didn't watch ep 0. Didn't know there was an ep 0. Should I go back and watch that?

and okay, so the first kid is real, adn the other 2 were drawings. I was confused when Lady Koto left and Myoe said he'd go with her, but then see him later (but that's his adopted son? Why such resemblance @.@) fooling around with some other chick lol so the whole thing just had me confused

Silent Oil body rubs
    BG Level

Strong resemblance might be hinted at the worlds are mirrors of each other. "Through the Looking Glass" book is shown a lot. that might hold some significance.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

It should, this is basically a Gainax style Alice in Wonderland with eastern window dressing.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Considering all the great animes that have come from this season, I can confidently say that this one is one of my favourites if not my number 1 pick. I'm really enjoying it so far and this last episode was no different. The plot definitely has a lot of potential

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I just started watching this. I'm so confused, but already drawn in emotionally and artistically. This looks like it's going to be really good.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    I just started watching this. I'm so confused, but already drawn in emotionally and artistically. This looks like it's going to be really good.
    It's really fucking confusing until the last couple episodes lol. And even then, there are lots of "WTF?"'s to be had. But I loved the anime both artistically and emotionally as well. The story was kind of hard to follow (and being a year later, I can only vaguely remember it in detail), but the characters were really well done. That much I remember for sure.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Haha, that definitely went in a direction I didn't expect. Absolutely amazing show, loved every second of it. Also it was nice to hear Rie doing a non tsuntsun loli roll. Took me a bit realize Shoko's VA is Saitou Chiwa (Senjougahara). Damn do they have an amazing va capacity.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

If you like this sort of thing, try Yozakura Quartet. It's kind of like a spiritual sister series.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Also it was nice to hear Rie doing a non tsuntsun loli roll.
    You should watch Gintama. They even break the 4th wall on a few occasions and talk about how using her for the voice of one of the main characters is a waste of her talents lol. I can't remember the episode or I'd try and find a clip. But in the meanwhile, I'll just post these:

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    If you like this sort of thing, try Yozakura Quartet. It's kind of like a spiritual sister series.
    Funny thing, I actually only ended up dling and watching Kyousogiga because I was lazy and didn't want to put effort into remembering/find out the correct order to watch the Yozakura Quartet things.

Watched episode 1 last night. My reaction:

http://www.puertochan.org/mu/src/139994987325.jpg

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Funny thing, I actually only ended up dling and watching Kyousogiga because I was lazy and didn't want to put effort into remembering/find out the correct order to watch the Yozakura Quartet things.

Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post
    Watched episode 1 last night. My reaction:
    Did you watch the OVA or the series? The OVA is a bunch of 5 minute long shorts that don't make a lick of sense but then if you watch the series you end up going "...Oooooooooooooooh, that's what was going on...".

Granted some parts of the show still don't make much sense.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    Is this only for the benefit of getting it in continuity/chronological order? I don't mind watching Haruhi in the broadcast order, for example.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

So here's what happened.

Nomad made a Yozakura anime back in 2008. It was decent. It went up to the end of the first main manga arc. Then Tatsunoko made an OVA continuation in 2010 which was SO MUCH BETTER than the first series that everyone started hating the first series and Tatsunoko went "...fuck let's just re-make this shit." So they animated both the first arc and the third arc and assumed people had watched the OVA, which is why it fits in the middle there. The third OVA isn't complete yet, the third episode comes out in October. And yes, to know what the hell is going on and who these random people are, you need to watch it in this order. It's kind of a pain in the ass and the first OVA has a noticeable drop in quality but it's still worth it.