1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 57 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 2 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 16 hours, 57 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 17 hours, 2 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    that video gave me a headache and i think you're trying to out-autism each other now
    lol, there's a guy that does 36 at the same time. I could never do that shit (or want to), but it seems to have gotten fairly popular, and I can't hate on those that do that shit.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.c...wowrig_490.jpg

That said I think this argument boils down to "Do you only have 7 niggas you wanna hang out with and slay dragons snakes and orbs?"
    p. much. People have complained about not being able to help out their fc because there's more than 8 that want to run coil (but not in a multiple of 8). This is definitely a way around that.

The solution is to stop arguing with each other and tell SE to step the fuck up and put out enough content to justify being a P2P game.

1 end game dungeon in the game and you can only do it once a week, that's a fucking joke no matter how you look at it or what other game you compare it to.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ryunokage Argantes
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Khadgar

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Rift I believe does something similar, but I have forgotten
    Rift had the soul system and different classes could mix abilities from 3 souls to do different stuff.
    It was really different though, cause wether you decided to DPS, Heal, Support or Tank, you'd always use your "class'" main stat.
    Rogues will always use Dex, Clerics will always use Wisdom, etc. So you wouldn't have to really grind different sets like in WOW.
    Only exception would be something like a DPS trinket vs Healing Trinket or something.

My thought on the topic is that it's really a waste of time.

I personally can't be bothered with lvling subclasses again even though it's easy, but I kinda feel like, if you're doing Coil, stuff does eventually drop.
    The way we do it is Everyone has their main they need with, and if they have it it becomes greed for the people who have the class for the item level'd.

Sure, you can still go 57 weeks without drops, but meh. I'll deal with it.
    As for Myth. I think that by the time you fully gear one char, better or comparable gear will be out anyway. Or the weekly cap will have changed.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    1 end game dungeon in the game and you can only do it once a week, that's a fucking joke no matter how you look at it or what other game you compare it to.
    I agree 100%

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Fucking Gary Oak up in here. HE could get SE to change this lockout bullshit.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra
    Fucking rofl.

They wear different gear, they play differently, they fill different roles (tank, dps, healer) they utilize different spells. They even have different names.

You don't have a clue, do you?
    So, are Warriors and Warriors different classes to you depending on if you go full DPS gear or full tanking gear? Because everything you said is a batshit crazy stupid bending of words. Your initial post seemed like a joke, and thus was perfectly fine. Your follow up was serious, however, and thus you warrant being told: no, specs are not equivalent to classes. No matter how hard I tried, my rogue was not going to heal. I want to poke holes at how some of the things you've said regarding this are wrong or silly, but frankly this entire comparison is stupid and you should feel bad for claiming they're equivalent.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    So, are Warriors and Warriors different classes to you depending on if you go full DPS gear or full tanking gear? Because everything you said is a batshit crazy stupid bending of words. Your initial post seemed like a joke, and thus was perfectly fine. Your follow up was serious, however, and thus you warrant being told: no, specs are not equivalent to classes. No matter how hard I tried, my rogue was not going to heal. I want to poke holes at how some of the things you've said regarding this are wrong or silly, but frankly this entire comparison is stupid and you should feel bad for claiming they're equivalent.
    So tell me, what makes something a different class then?

Do you consider smn and sch the same class? I don't. So why should I consider a disc and shadow the same class?

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So tell me, what makes something a different class then?
    THE DEVELOPERS

You're talking about ROLES, not CLASSES. Disc Priest and Shadow Priest may have different ROLES, but they are the same CLASS: Priest.

Are WHM and SCH the same class? I mean, they do the same thing, right? By your logic, this must be a complex question.

Also, ITT: Limbus didn't have tokens and a timed-lockout? News to me. Or was your point that Limbus' lockout wasn't a week, or that Limbus' tokens were tradable or something?

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

You couldn't use Ancient Beastcoins to buy Limbus drops. I mean, if you wanna argue AF+1 then sure, but you still need drops from Limbus.

Or you could reference the ABC 75/150 items but like, really?

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Do you consider smn and sch the same class? I don't.
    This is Plow-tier of excellence. Go you.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    You're talking about ROLES, not CLASSES. Disc Priest and Shadow Priest may have different ROLES, but they are the same CLASS: Priest.
    I disagree, and find you are severely over simplifying things.

I can play a tank that plays extremely differently from a healer on the same character on WoW. This is in a nutshell the same appeal as the two ff games except in the ff you can do it for all, whereas WoW you are limited to three.

Are WHM and SCH the same class? I mean, they do the same thing, right? By your logic, this must be a complex question.
    By my logic? Certainly not. They are not the same class. I never even remotely suggested classes are only based on tank/dps/healer.

Rocl covered limbus shit.

And again, none of the lockouts were once a week.

I'd rather run Prae 100 times to farm DL pieces for my gimped SMN than re-do the whole fucking story and farming process on an alt so I can re-run Coil (cause myth aren't a good excuse when t1 and 2 can easily be done in DL) with random pugs.

hi i run coil and i never hit 50k seals in 2.0 am i a unicorn
    I have like 8k now, and I'm struggling to keep my head over the water with junk from AK because I keep buying mining exp scrolls and I wasted like 20k on a ugly minion I never use.<_<.
    Then again, not too much of a FATE farmer, even while leveling my second class I'd prefer to simply run a dungeon or two.

WoW lets you play three per character! (talent tree) Rift I believe does something similar, but I have forgotten.
    Except for Rogue/Mage/Warlock/Hunter. With some specs having a tank roll and then 2 dps rolls (Warrior/DK). Then you MIGHT have 2/3 worthwhile specs to go off of because with WoW history you will most likely have 1-2 of your specs be complete shit and not worth even touching (nor will anyone look at you if you try to use those specs)

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I didn't realize being good was a requirement for being a class.

@yugl, that ss doesn't counter my point, so go you? Smn/sch are advanced classes (jobs) that come from the base class acn. Calling jobs "advanced classes" hasn't exactly been uncommon in the ff community.

This argument is really besides the point, though.

All I am trying to stress is, that it isn't insane for people to lvl multiple characters in 14 to be able to do content on them. You don't have to do it, but that there are benefits to doing so. I don't care if people don't (hell I said several times I am not). But when people (spider) come in saying it's illogical, it doesn't make sense, and that people who do it have too much time on their hands, I think that's being ridiculous.

Legacy people even get 8 char free per server, so might as well take some advantage of that.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    The solution is to stop arguing with each other and tell SE to step the fuck up and put out enough content to justify being a P2P game.

Yawn.

Par the course for any new MMO and that won't change anytime soon.

Of course we are talking about people who plow through the game (or just skip most of it!) who can't justify the subscription for themselves.

Such a crisis around here these days. Hopefully you quit soon enough.

If you think a few hours' content per week is worth the subscription then I'm sure SE hopes you never, ever quit.

New Odin
    BG Level

If you think once most people get to that point SE hasn't released anything else then fucking lol.

SE (like every other dev ever) will cater to the masses with their content. The minority will always get the short end of the stick, and you know what Niiro, you are the fucking minority at this moment.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

@yugl, that ss doesn't counter my point, so go you? Smn/sch are advanced classes (jobs) that come from the base class acn. Calling jobs "advanced classes" hasn't exactly been uncommon in the ff community.
    This is more semantic pushing lol. At first, you were denying that they're the same class (Which they are; ACN). Now someone has proven you wrong, you're saying "Oh, they're the same class but when I said they aren't the same class, I meant they're not the same job" and pretending as if I've missed some poorly conveyed point.

More to the point, both you and SpiderDan are arguing over stupid shit. Neither of you have denied that there are benefits to leveling an alternate character. If you read what he wrote, he acknowledges that there are benefits but he believes people capable of doing so have too much free-time. If he believes so, so what? I seriously doubt that people will read his post and say, "Oh man, Spider fuckin Dan said doing this means too much playtime, so not going to bother." What's important is that we flesh out the benefits, costs, and perspectives. Arguing with him because he has a different perspective is exactly why you're having stupid discussions about "omg classes" that are irrelevant to this topic.

Inb4 wah we stopped already.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

You couldn't use Ancient Beastcoins to buy Limbus drops.
    Or you could reference the ABC 75/150 items but like, really?
    You can't use philo/myth to buy AK/Allagan gear, and DL/AF2 doesn't drop in instances.

Tokens are basically non-gil/gold currency, and ABCs definitely fill that role (as does Dynamis currency, for that matter).

I can play a tank that plays extremely differently from a healer on the same character on WoW. This is in a nutshell the same appeal as the two ff games except in the ff you can do it for all, whereas WoW you are limited to three.
    I don't know what mysterious term you want to use to describe WoW's "Priest" and "Rogue" and "Shaman" and "Warlock," but everyone else in the world calls them classes, and you cannot change classes in WoW.

This is now apparently a point of dispute? The mind boggles.

And again, none of the lockouts were once a week.
    Is your point honestly, seriously, that once a week vs. once every 72 hours makes a difference in this discussion? As in, making a new character for weekly lockout is OK, but making a new character for 72-hour lockout is for no-life morons?

Because otherwise, this seems like the most pedantic and useless point imaginable. If we're citing irrelevant distinctions, why not bring up the fact that Coil is free to enter but XI's lockouts cost money?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    Is your point honestly, seriously, that once a week vs. once every 72 hours makes a difference in this discussion? As in, making a new character for weekly lockout is OK, but making a new character for 72-hour lockout is for no-life morons?
    Uh, yes actually. I'd make that my "point" if this was my argument.

Because again: XI's stuff had shorter lockouts, there was MORE of them*, and gear didn't have a BiS all the time linear progression so there was a reason to -do- most of it (admittedly because gear swaps existed so moot point but whatever).

And again, progressing to max level in XIV takes nowhere near the amount of time it takes to progress to max level in (say) CoP/ToAU era XI.

*If we're comparing up to Limbus then that basically includes Ground (24/72/whatev+ hr "lockout"), Dynamis (72hr?), Limbus, Sky (no lockout but farmed stuff), Sea (same). Generally all of which had something useful for you and was varied to an extent.

Aside: I've since decided not to finish my dumb alt after all unless I get bored again, but only because I came to the conclusion that who gives a shit if I'm "only" in i70 gear, and fuck farming darklight healer stuff all over again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast