1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 14 hours, 42 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 9 hours, 17 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 7 hours, 42 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 2 hours, 17 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    I think FFXI should be Free-2-Play
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by shepardG View Post
    yeah, i don't understand this train of thought of having multiple characters... since everything that's worth a damn is rare/ex. and i've yet to see someone dual boxing their way through AK/WP with any sort of efficency i just don't understand it....

So you gear out your bard main and your whm main with Binding Coil gear..... and you just keep gearing out the two characters so that you can play one or the other if it's needed for Crystal Tower? I guess or...

If you enjoy playing the game that much and want to run coil twice/thrice a week, that's cool, I can't knock that. But my FC leader did this and he litterly only uses his alt if a healer doesn't show up for our alternate coil groups.. which has not occured yet.

Maybe some people just enjoy playing more than 1 job, and doesn't want their job to gimping in IL70 gears.

New Odin
    BG Level

So what we need is a ton content with sidegrade rewards all with their own lockouts!

Gonna be a while until that happens tho, so I guess it's time to quit and let everyone know.

I think there's just not enough endgame content right now. At least, not without lockouts/time restrictions of some sort (since SE has stated from the outset that they don't want 24/7 gamers blowing everyone else out of the water, gear or economy wise)

So...either level an alt or wait? I can't think of any MMO that didn't have a serious lack of endgame content in it's first few months.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Albertclifford Slater
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Stonemaul

I'm pretty sure every event evryone has been listing for lateral progression was implemented in a expansion of some sort. Zilart (ground kings, sky and dynamis), COP (wyrms, ENM, limbus and sea), and TOAU (assaults, new kings, einherjar, salvage and ZNM). Pretty much one of the big things that just kept us occupied was leveling took a pretty long ass time until the leveling curves were changed. If we looked at vanilla XI you are looking at Roc, Serket and Simurgh as your end game along side random NM spawns.

Banned.

BG Level

Dont play MMO anymore but the thing I miss from XI is having everything available on a single toon. It was bothersome with the equipment, but thats a minor annoyance. I had waay too much time when playing WoW I ended up leveling all tank classes, pain in the ass having to log out to link achieves lol.

You don't need more than 1 character but you can want more than 1 though. Either way, it doesn't matter because it's your time. Having an alt to help with Coil sounds like a cool idea if you can be bothered to do it. So many coil grouping issues in my FC it's annoying.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    This is more semantic pushing lol. At first, you were denying that they're the same class (Which they are; ACN). Now someone has proven you wrong, you're saying "Oh, they're the same class but when I said they aren't the same class, I meant they're not the same job" and pretending as if I've missed some poorly conveyed point.
    Reread what you quoted. I never said they were the same class, I said they came from the same class.

Honestly, I equate those screaming "they're not classes, they're jobs!" the same as screaming "they are not toons, they're characters!" and "they're not mithras, they're miq'ote!" At the end of the day they're the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    So what we need is a ton content with sidegrade rewards all with their own lockouts!

Gonna be a while until that happens tho, so I guess it's time to quit and let everyone know.
    Why aren't alts an acceptable way for people (who want to) to pass their time? Why should people be told to quit instead of lvling alts? Just because they give their reason behind the desire doesn't mean they can't find alts enjoyable. Some people just like to do that shit.

When I made my second char in ffxi it was during ToAU. That means I had to get her sea, sky, salvage, etc. access. It definitely wasn't because of lack of content. I just enjoyed doing it.

Made an account here just to say hyan and spider-dan you both are fucking morons.

Coil lock outs are bullshit, it takes my group 45 mins to finish coil turn 1-4, then another 1-2 hours to cap myths, then I have fuck all to do the rst of the week. I've basically stopped playing and just play my 3DS now until SE gets their shit together and fixes this crap.

The fact I can make another character for each job I want to play and bypass this artificial "barrier", completely ignoring the armory system makes no sense. Why even have this barrier if I can easily bypass it? Why did they advertise "play any job on a single character!" then completely throw that concept out the window at the level cap? The only use I get out of the armory system is 24/36 cross-class skills and crafting/gathering - pretty much the exact same as every other MMO except for cross-class skills which aren't very exciting or interesting.

I really should NOT be so heavily restricted from playing a game I'm paying $13-15/month for, the fact I can't do coil more than once per week, even to help friends, on alt jobs, or just for fun on a single character is really killing the game for me. It's not about being rewarded, it's not about getting gear, it's not about character progression, or anything related to that for me anymore, it's about simply being able to play the game. But I can't, I do a turn 1-4 for the week, a single 45 minute dungeon, and I'm unable to do it again for the rest of the week. I just want to play, I just want to play all my jobs in the hardest content and help people, and experience the content, but I can't, I can't even experience the content on all my jobs because of this lock out system.

I know many FC's are having huge problems with coil because you can't help anyone out, you have to play with the same 7 other people every week or you're screwing someone out of loot, it makes the game less social and a little meaner because FC's and friends have to tell eachother "Sorry, I'm locked out I can't help you", there's lots of people having problems finding competent coil groups with good players, stuck playing with bad players. There's lots of drama and hardships just because of how this system makes us treat people not in our 7 man static. This entire issue would be resolved if the lock out timer didn't exist, and instead a loot lock out existed, 1 piece of loot per 1-2 turns per week.

I'm glad this issue is being brought up more and more, on more and more forums all over the internet for this game.This issue needs to solved, it's making the game very unfun for me, my S.O., and pretty much everyone I started playing the game with, and met during my playtime of this fantastic game. This game is incredible, it really is, it has such fun classes, bosses, and dungeons, but there's so many restrictions that tell me how much I'm allowed to play per week which is bullshit when I'm paying monthly for this game.

Right now making another character is the only solution, and I see a LOT of people doing this. The entire game basically encourages you to do this, really. Leveling up is a free 200-300k on a 2nd character, you don't have to just do boring fate grinding because all your quests reset, you get a separate 300 myth tome cap, an can do coil on every job if you play 1 job per character. Taking systems from WOW like lock out timers, token caps per character, and quest-based leveling then adding an armory/all job on a single character system is a recipe for disaster. The benefits are endless, playing on one character is the WRONG way to play this game, which really makes no sense since iit was advertised as "Play every job on a single character"

If crystal tower using the same 1 week lock out coil does, and PVP gear is time-gated token system like WOW/myth tokens, me and my S.O. personally are not sticking around.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Why aren't alts an acceptable way for people (who want to) to pass their time? Why should people be told to quit instead of lvling alts? Just because they give their reason behind the desire doesn't mean they can't find alts enjoyable. Some people just like to do that shit.

When I made my second char in ffxi it was during ToAU. That means I had to get her sea, sky, salvage, etc. access. It definitely wasn't because of lack of content. I just enjoyed doing it.
    Oh that comment was for those who refuse to alt it up. Of course the solution I proposed is for the people who want to play multiple jobs on same char but can't deal with the fact they won't be equal anytime soon.

I appreciate the effort you went through Fojoop but you could still do better. Can't beat someone making an alt on my server just to tell me to fucking die. OF is a scary place.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Oh that comment was for those who refuse to alt it up. Of course the solution I proposed is for the people who want to play multiple jobs on same char but can't deal with the fact they won't be equal anytime soon.
    fair enough. But I think you are taking things to a bit extreme. Even SE designed the game with more content (CT), but then didn't release it all. Honestly, if they had lowered drop rates then reduced the lockout time, that would be better imo. Because even if you are getting the gear at the same rate, at least you are doing something.

fair enough. But I think you are taking things to a bit extreme. Even SE designed the game with more content (CT), but then didn't release it all. Honestly, if they had lowered drop rates then reduced the lockout time, that would be better imo. Because even if you are getting the gear at the same rate, at least you are doing something.
    Agreed with lower drop rates and no lock out timer's, or a 1 day lock out. I'd rather spam something everyday with a chance of getting it than play the game for 45 minutes per week. Coil can't use a 1 day lock out though, 45 minutes of content isn't even enough for a single day, and funnily enough, we have a 1 week lock out on something like that...

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Berabouman View Post
    I can't think of any MMO that didn't have a serious lack of endgame content in it's first few months.
    To be fair, ARR fares better than most MMOs I've played.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

I will never understand people that try and defend gated content in an MMO. Add in the fact that there's no token currency for drops in Coil and you now have a system that effectively RNGs the fuck out of you for weeks on end with loot that you don't even need.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

As long as they don't go the route of AV/CC with it's drop rate, it'll be fine. Sure we could spam the content but the consequence was damn near non-existent loot.

My whole beef with SE is that other MMOs handle a player gearing and playing multiple classes a lot better and they limit you to one class whereas SE lets you play all in one. I could easily gear my Lancer/Slayer/Warrior in Tera while playing my Sorc yet there was still content I had to do on each class so I had to be proficient with the other classes as well. Not to mention, each class had it's own lockout timers so I could help friends if they needed an extra body.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Viar View Post
    Maybe some people just enjoy playing more than 1 job, and doesn't want their job to gimping in IL70 gears.
    What you said doesn't make sense in either context or in sentance structure? So they want their alt "to gimping in il70 gear" instead of their main? See your first part about playing more than one job makes TOTAL sense. But in ffxiv you don't have to change characters to play a different job. So what you said sounds like you haven't even played this game

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    You don't need more than 1 character but you can want more than 1 though. Either way, it doesn't matter because it's your time. Having an alt to help with Coil sounds like a cool idea if you can be bothered to do it. So many coil grouping issues in my FC it's annoying.
    Yeah, this would certainly solve some healer issues in my FC. The lockout does more harm than good in smaller FCs.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    As long as they don't go the route of AV/CC with it's drop rate, it'll be fine. Sure we could spam the content but the consequence was damn near non-existent loot.
    Ya I completely agree. I don't want to be farming coil one three years from now.

My whole beef with SE is that other MMOs handle a player gearing and playing multiple classes a lot better and they limit you to one class whereas SE lets you play all in one. I could easily gear my Lancer/Slayer/Warrior in Tera while playing my Sorc yet there was still content I had to do on each class so I had to be proficient with the other classes as well. Not to mention, each class had it's own lockout timers so I could help friends if they needed an extra body.

This is my thing, too. It's easier to do endgame content on multiple classes in other mmos than in 14, and that seems completely backwards to me.

And for sure, they definitely need to fix the issue where you can't help friends. Today we did turn 1 for the first time. Had to pug an 8th because while we had others in the fc who were coil ready, they were locked out. Felt bad for that 8th too haha, since we were trying to learn the fight n' shit. Rather have a fc mate come in and help us out.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Fojoop View Post
    Honestly, if they had lowered drop rates then reduced the lockout time, that would be better imo.
    Agreed with lower drop rates and no lock out timer's, or a 1 day lock out. I'd rather spam something everyday with a chance of getting it than play the game for 45 minutes per week.
    Thank you for quickly jumping ahead to the logical conclusion of your complaint.

To summarize: the game rewards you TOO QUICKLY and you feel like you should be forced to grind more.

Now tell me why it should not take 6 months to reach LV50 in this game, or why philo/myth rewards should not be reduced by 90%. Problem solved!

New Odin
    BG Level

Honestly, if they had lowered drop rates then reduced the lockout time, that would be better imo. Because even if you are getting the gear at the same rate, at least you are doing something.
    So, you want the "hc" solution to the problem. Of course there is the other end of the spectrum, people who don't really have time nor desire to dedicate themselves more to the game. Especially if they aren't so leetpro at clearing Coil in 2 minutes with their hands tied. You'll just change the complainer with that fix.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

So, you want the "hc" solution to the problem. Of course there is the other end of the spectrum, people who don't really have time nor desire to dedicate themselves more to the game. Especially if they aren't so leetpro at clearing Coil in 2 minutes with their hands tied. You'll just change the complainer with that fix.
    I don't care about hc people getting more gear than casuals (and I am super casual now). That's the reward for being hc.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast