1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 12 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 47 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 8 hours, 12 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 1 hours, 47 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    So, you want the "hc" solution to the problem. Of course there is the other end of the spectrum, people who don't really have time nor desire to dedicate themselves more to the game. Especially if they aren't so leetpro at clearing Coil in 2 minutes with their hands tied. You'll just change the complainer with that fix.
    People who play the game more, gets more rewards.

Seems logical to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post

Seems logical to me.
    Yeah, would be nice. Kind of sucks having 1.0's fatigue system at the level cap in the form of coil lock outs and myth tome caps, except this time I'm locked out of PLAYING THE GAME and can't just progress through it, just at a slower pace.

If a game is charging me for a monthly sub, I should be able to play it as much as I want, and however I want(within the TOS, no hacks etc). Balancing and designing the game around casuals who play 3 hours a week for level capped progression so everyone progresses at the same rate and casuals aren't left behind is such horrible game design.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

You are getting the gear as fast as the devs want you to, and this will not change. You are apparently under the impression that soul-crushing drop rates (to compensate for hardcore no-lifers) and the removal of lockouts would improve this game. Somehow, I doubt your opinion is widely shared.

You complain that there's "nothing to do" for 165 hours a week. I imagine philo mats exist for precisely this reason.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post

Seems logical to me.
    Logical, yes. But Ksandra also said that drop rates be lowered. So essentially people who play less are screwed here, instead. In reality you have to put in more effort to achieve the same results.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Honestly, I equate those screaming "they're not classes, they're jobs!" the same as screaming "they are not toons, they're characters!" and "they're not mithras, they're miq'ote!"
    Well of course you do (Even though no one else does). That's why I brought up the Plow comment lol.

Moving on from your plow moment, the step back to reduced drop rates for reduced lockout is what prompted voidwatch. I doubt anyone seriously wishes to return to Tanaka's mess of an event. I'm not sure how any of this OF tier coil bitching really answers the topic's question though.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Logical, yes. But Ksandra also said that drop rates be lowered. So essentially people who play less are screwed here, instead. In reality you have to put in more effort to achieve the same results.
    I don't care either way. I said it would be better, not necessarily the best. If they wanted to flat reduce lockouts but keep the same drop rates that would be fine with me too. (but I think it's something they'd less likely do)

@ yugl, Abyssea didn't essentially have a lock out either. Yes, I know stones, but it didn't take very long to have an insane amount that it really didn't matter much anymore. Which is why I said "essentially". Either way, stone timer isn't even remotely close to what we have here. And I think a huge portion of the playerbase was totally fine with that. I didn't really get into voidwatch before I quit so can't comment on that.

[edit] as well, again, if we are going to keep comparing ffxiv to ffxi even though their designs are very different not a single bit of ffxi's content even from the start had a one week long lockout.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

not a single bit of ffxi's content even from the start had a one week long lockout.
    Well, technically...

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Category:ENM

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    Unless this was changed (could be, I have the worst memory on this shit):

"After undertaking a particular ENM quest and entering the battlefield, regardless of the success or failure of the battle, five Earth days must pass before you can get the key item to enter the same battlefield."

5 days =/= a week

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Are you seriously linking worthless crap no one cares about to prove a point? That isn't end game content, that isn't the ONLY END GAME RAID IN THE GAME, it's also not the most challenging content in the game and isn't the ONLY way to progress your character into the best gear via drops(myth tomes aren't drops but they're the only other way and is also time-gated).

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

lol fine. "none of ffxi's content had one week lockouts, except for some random repeatable that gave you some random shit." happy?

This thread is pretty interesting reading for someone like me who has never done Coil, doesn't have a relic and has only 43 (count them!) Mythology tomes. As you can probably tell I'm as far from "hardcore" as you can get.

What I DO enjoy about FFXIV is just running around, doing class quests, talking to random NPCs (some of the time) chatting and levelling alternate classes (although FATE grinding gets boring fast) Basically taking it slow and easy. However, I can understand that if you WERE more interested in character progression and endgame, that you would be kind of irritated at the current system.

The way I see is that given SE's stance on progression, there is no way to get them to change things. They simply won't allow you to progress at a rate that they see is uneven. Until more end-game content is created, we're going to be stuck with this gated system. Obviously this bothers some more than others, but that's the way of it right now.

So right now IMHO it's either play other content in the game (which you might or might not find rewarding) or unsubscribe and wait for more end-game content. I don't think it's quite accurate to say that you "can't play the game" - you can, but you just can't play the content that you want. So as I see it it's either look for new content (that is not end-game, admittedly) or don't play, because those gated lockouts aren't going anywhere.

Lock outs create this issue, any game with them will have this issue so it isn't surprising. FFXI wasn't much better, it had just been at it much longer. If you combine lockouts with RNG drop rates, it's natural you have things to do to last you for ages.

If that were the case, you would be thoroughly complaining about them but honestly, I don't mind the way things are now because I plan to at least see what the first couple of patches have to offer. The content we got for launch was laughable and didn't take long for any semi-serious player to complete (with exception of turn 5) but I can forgive them for this at least considering what the game has been through.

New Odin
    BG Level

I don't care either way. I said it would be better, not necessarily the best. If they wanted to flat reduce lockouts but keep the same drop rates that would be fine with me too. (but I think it's something they'd less likely do)
    You said it would be better, I told you why this isn't the case. It's just different, only caters more to your playstyle than someone else's.

Changing stuff only to change the source of the bitching is hardly something I want to see them work towards.

The content we got for launch was laughable and didn't take long for any semi-serious player to complete (with exception of turn 5) but I can forgive them for this at least considering what the game has been through.
    I'll eat my hat if even half the population is close to completing the content we got at launch. Back at the time of TGS only 15% of players were level 50.

Acting like this wasn't enough is laughable. They didn't cater to you and that's it.

I'll eat my hat if even half the population is close to completing the content we got at launch. Back at the time of TGS only 15% of players were level 50.

Acting like this wasn't enough is laughable. They didn't cater to you and that's it.
    What the hell do you think I'm saying? Either start reading or get out. Or you know, keep saying shit for the sake of saying shit even though it doesn't make any sense.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    What the hell do you think I'm saying? Either start reading or get out.
    The "content" was "laughable". Compared to what? Your own expectations? What content, "endgame content"? What's that supposed to mean, the Coil? AK?

"Semi-serious player". Who the fuck is that? Clearly not the majority of the playerbase it seems.

In a nutshell your post is vague as fuck so don't blame me for not seeing inside your little head.

In a nutshell your post is vague as fuck so don't blame me for not seeing inside your little head.
    No, the problem is you're an idiot. Stop being stupid.

I'll say it again, either start reading or get out. Infact, just get out.

New Odin
    BG Level

Wait what, you're the one constantly arguing with Spider-Dan and I'm the idiot?

Yeaaah

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

this forum will get better when the game comes out guys

guys

guys come on get better

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    this forum will get better when the game comes out guys

guys

guys come on get better
    Our difference is that I've accepted the reality, Rocl. Now it's time for you to do the same.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast