1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 48 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 11 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 12 hours, 48 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 21 hours, 11 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Banned.

BG Level

It's tempting but I'll always stick to the FFXI ethos of having one 'main' for everything (excluding mules ofc).

Daniel Rand
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Holy shit

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    this forum will get better when the game comes out guys

guys

guys come on get better
    Remember when the XIV forums were good?

Yeah.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Remember when the XIV forums were good?

Yeah.
    me either

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    Wait what, you're the one constantly arguing with Spider-Dan and I'm the idiot?

Yeaaah
    You and spider-dan are both dumb as fuck and fucking retarded beyond belief.

On topic: The fact people are considering making new characters for each job they want to level this early in the games life-cycle shows how badly designed and supported the armory system is at the level cap. Hopefully SE gets their heads out of their asses and realizes how much they fucked up. This is SE though, who doesn't let us send tells in dungeons because we might be "mean", won't add a dungeon kick system, won't add a master loot system for end game content, and didn't want to add a right click - > BL feature because we might "accidently blacklist friends".

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    What the hell do you think I'm saying? Either start reading or get out.
    Is this your standard refrain when you say something dumb?

You say the amount of content in the game is laughable.
    The vast majority of players are nowhere close to boring farm status on coil 4.

The amount of content in the game is only "laughable" for the most extreme of hardcore players; players who consider the amount of time needed to redo the entire storyline and refarm philos on a completely new character as a non-factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Fojoop View Post
    On topic: The fact people are considering making new characters for each job they want to level this early in the games life-cycle shows how badly designed and supported the armory system is at the level cap.
    No, it shows that they aren't going to build the game around catering solely to those who would play 20 hours/day.

You already showed your hand when you advocated lowering drop rates just so you can grind even harder to collect items at the same rate. WTF is this nonsense?

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    Is this your standard refrain when you say something dumb?

You say the amount of content in the game is laughable.
    The vast majority of players are nowhere close to boring farm status on coil 4.

The amount of content in the game is only "laughable" for the most extreme of hardcore players; players who consider the amount of time needed to redo the entire storyline and refarm philos on a completely new character as a non-factor.
    You guys are fucking simpletons.

Yes, the amount of content in the game is laughable and I don't give a fuck if you disagree. I also said I was OK with that and willing to wait considering what happened to the game overall, but I suppose that isn't understanding enough. You guys just need an excuse to say some shit huh? Even if you look stupid doing it. That's OK, I know you have some stupid man-crush on me so I'll let it slide this time.

You and spider-dan are both dumb as fuck and fucking retarded beyond belief.
    This guy knows.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Albertclifford Slater
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Stonemaul

this forum will get better when the game comes out guys

guys

guys come on get better
    But we can't get better we're capped at 300 Myth a week.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

If not being on Team "they should lower drop rates and remove lockouts" is the retarded position, I'm happy to be there.

As I already said: most of the grinder complaints in this thread are resolved instantly by a 90% reduction in exp and tomestone rewards.

If not being on Team "they should lower drop rates and remove lockouts" is the retarded position, I'm happy to be there.

As I already said: most of the grinder complaints in this thread are resolved instantly by a 90% reduction in exp and tomestone rewards.
    Holy fuck how can you be this retarded and stupid at the same time?

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

well i tend to think of retarded and stupid as synonyms so it's probably pretty easy to be both

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Fojoop, why don't you try explaining why players should want reduced drop rates? So... they can grind more?

Or you could just create another new account and agree with yourself.

edit: You seem to grasp the fact that the reason why weekly lockouts/caps exist is because the devs want to limit the maximum speed at which players can acquire the best gear, yet you also seem to think the solution to that is to lower drop rates, ostensibly to make gear acquisition harder for non-hardcore players while yours stays exactly the same (because you still will not be permitted to get the best gear faster than the devs think you should). This is dumb and you should feel dumb.

But, to the point of the topic, if you are a person that:

- places zero value on the amount of time needed to redo storyline, relevel subclasses, and refarm philos from scratch
    - has coil down to boring farm status and can think of nothing else to do for ~160 hours a week
    - has no interest in farming/selling philo mats

...then yes, you should make multiple characters. Make one character for each day of the week! (and an eighth character to mess around with in your "downtime," I guess)

well i tend to think of retarded and stupid as synonyms so it's probably pretty easy to be both
    Maybe it implies that one is deliberate and the other just can't be helped?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blowfin Jr
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

On topic: The fact people are considering making new characters for each job they want to level this early in the games life-cycle shows how badly designed and supported the armory system is at the level cap. Hopefully SE gets their heads out of their asses and realizes how much they fucked up.
    I wouldn't go that far, we're just seeing the symptoms of the holes left in the game by the lack of CT at release.

Are they likely to address them in the short term as a band aid fix? No. Not at the cost of compromising the upcoming content.

Quote Originally Posted by blowfin View Post
    I wouldn't go that far, we're just seeing the symptoms of the holes left in the game by the lack of CT at release.

Are they likely to address them in the short term as a band aid fix? No. Not at the cost of compromising the upcoming content.
    Unless CT has no loot lock out and I can spam it the 24/7 to gear all my jobs in full ilvl80 gear the issue will persist.

Let's all hope it has no loot lock out and extreme modes and/or moogle primal drops ilvl75+ gear.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blowfin Jr
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Unless CT has no loot lock out and I can spam it the 24/7 to gear all my jobs in full ilvl80 gear the issue will persist.
    That looks like the plan (to have no lock out). For a start it's going in DF...

Also, you do understand that wanting to be able to spam the content 24/7 until you're done with it is slightly unreasonable, don't you? There's a price associated with that and it's usually in the form of absurdly low drop rates (e.g. lvl 35 items from Salvage: not that you could even spam it 24/7). Now we get to the discussion of how much grind is reasonable to dish out to the meat of the playerbase without them crying foul, and that belongs in another thread.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by blowfin View Post
    Not really. People in this thread are complaining about not being able to spam unlimited i90, and I don't see why the ability to get unlimited i80 would satisfy them any more than the (currently existing) ability to get unlimited i70.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blowfin Jr
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

I don't think that's the bulk of the complaint to be perfectly fair. As I mentioned above wanting to be able to spam for late game gear without restriction is unreasonable. I think the majority of people do actually understand that.

And no, this is totally related to a lack of content. Lack of content is the root cause, and new content to fill the void is the fix. If people are still unhappy after 2.1, then SE either stuffed up, or they've done it right and people are being unrealistic. As it stands at the moment though, even though it doesn't effect me and I'm bemused a little by the huge amount of spare time that some people appear to have, it's most certainly a problem. Probably an edge case for hardcores, but whatever, they're people too.

Not really. People in this thread are complaining about not being able to spam unlimited i90, and I don't see why the ability to get unlimited i80 would satisfy them any more than the (currently existing) ability to get unlimited i70.
    You are so fucking stupid.

@ Blowfin, no one is asking for loot when we talk about coil lock outs, we're asking for the ability to play the damn game, which we can do for 45 minutes per week right now, on a single job, in a game that's advertised as "play every job on a single character". Coil locking me out from PLAYING defeats the entire purpose of the armory system and makes it have no point at the level cap on battle jobs outside of 24/36 cross class skills.

The second thing we're asking is loot related, but it comes in the form of "Hey, we can make a new character for each job we want to play and have separate myth tome caps, can't you just give every job on a single character the same treatment, SE?", because if we can bypass this artificial "barrier" they shouldn't have it there in the first place. All the barrier does is make the armory system completely worthless and serve no purpose for battle jobs at the level cap outside of cross-class skills(sorry for repeating the same thing) Both these systems might work in WOW, and tons of other successful MMO's, but they don't belong in FF14.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blowfin Jr
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

@ Blowfin, no one is asking for loot when we talk about coil lock outs, we're asking for the ability to play the damn game
    Well you might want to clarify yourself then, not for my sake though. A couple pf posts back you're stating that you want to be able to farm the level 80 gear 24/7 when it comes out. I know you're probably talking about filling the gaps left as fast as possible, but it could be misconstrued pretty easily. Plus, what I said before about it not being realistic.

I'm acknoweldging there's an issue with content, this is pretty evident in my posts, plus I can see the issue myself in game. I just don't think any fucks will be given by SE with 2.1 bearing down on us.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast