1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 13 hours, 43 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 10 hours, 16 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 6 hours, 43 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 3 hours, 16 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Ah, that's too bad =/ Thanks for the quick reply! =]

Use Blink like its Ichi
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shifer Shifter
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    CT was ready but was withheld so they can retune it to make it more manageable for DF pugs.
    Nah, the real reason CT was delayed was the same reasons they made housing so stupid when it first came out. That is because, their servers weren't ready for it. As you can see with this long maintenance coming up in a few days, they are still trying to make changes to the instance servers.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Magnum Hominem
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

I feel with the 2nd turn of Coil being full of so much RNG and requiring so much collaboration that it is nice to have alts within our static so we can mess around based on what drops. I am the main tank (PLD) so I don't have an alt since I just MT T6-T8 (solo T8).

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

The only reason i levelled my alt to 50 honestly was for an extra map and income, since you can have everything on 1 char in xiv i just dont feel the need to use it for anything else really.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

That's a bit of a necro, but I'll jump in:

Pros:
    Double anything time-limited (maps, roulette bonuses, challenge log, weekly-lockout content)
    1st job on a new character is an absolute joke to level due to quest bonuses. also make decent gil doing it.
    Better min-maxing, make a high str/mnd race for healers+melees, a high dex/int character for brd/blm/smn
    Being able to still do dungeons on your alt if you need to ditch a derpy party. (arguably my favorite perk)
    A new one if you're really gung-ho, can max out desynth on 6 crafts instead of 3.
    More practice on weekly-lockout content; your first win on a fight doesn't make you a pro instantly so it's good to have 2x the practice.

cons:
    it's work to re-level
    might see drops you wanted on the other character
    um...missing chat log while logging out to switch to a job on the alt

Personally I don't regret it in the slightest, even considered making a 3rd, still might.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

High-jacking this thread instead of creating a new one.

Reactivated my 1.0 character and was dicking around when I realized I have like 20,000+ crystals and shards on him so it might be worth it to transfer him over and strip him of all his shit. I tried to transfer and it says application declined. I have my old retainer and I'm not in a LS / FC / anything, but I do have a shit ton of "dated" gear and stuff that doesn't exist anymore (pyrite, biast scales, etc). Do I need to get rid of all that first? Do I toss it? Can I sell it to an npc?

No idea what the proper procedure is here. Transferring to a non-legacy server btw.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Pyrite and biast scales still exist, same with dated gear so that shouldn't be it. I know people with dated gear as glamours as well. Try starting the process of making a new character on the server you're going to; maybe it's closed? afaik the legacy-> non issue was lifted but I don't pay that close attention to that.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

if you have other games to play after coil done and soldiery and dont wanna hunt, do 1 char

if ffxiv is your only game you wanna play, then make 2 or more chars

it only takes 1 day to cap soldiery/decent allied notes from hunts now and can fuck coils/cts altogether now for your mules, so its really not that bad compared to before.

only thing that cockblocks mules now is unidentified tomestone

of course, coil is still a bonus to make your week double fun but unless ur pugs is awesome like JP server or if you have a mule static, idk how much shit you will take in NA server. Turn 1-3 is prolly cakewalk in NA server by now i think

i have 2 main char at il 106-110 and 2 mules at il 103 before hunts and is capping them for coils 1-4/soldiery fairly comfortably. right now, its just 2 days effort compared to 5. <3 hunts

friend on excalibur got 9 chars, i dont even........

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Stick with one, no need for multiple.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Skett View Post
    Stick with one, no need for multiple.
    How insightful. Cause "need" is a real argument-killer here. It's not a thread about need; it's a thread about "is it worth the effort?" That's a resounding yes.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I generate about 100k a day doing only a few daily things on 4 lv50chars (only takes a couple hours max), and every couple weeks I spend a couple hours blowing 100 leves x 8 characters at Quarrymill and earn about 100k per character from the gil proceeds and MBing the shards. Includes little addups like roulette gil and challenge log gil. If you have the patience to do every single roulette every day on multiple chars you have more patience than I do and will generate more "clean" gil.

If your subscription lets you make more chars on the server and you complain about not being able to make money, look no further. I barely sell anything on MB. These odd-numbered patches are the ideal time to do it if you're on top of the game since nothing is really going on in the game.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    How insightful. Cause "need" is a real argument-killer here. It's not a thread about need; it's a thread about "is it worth the effort?" That's a resounding yes.
    He's just spamming for his posting link access.