Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: REM Upgrades     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hello BG,

I am a long time ffxi player who has returned due to the special event wanting to see the changes made. I really only have one friend left on ffxi who is back in the event with me so I don't think we can handle clearing one of the delve mega bosses (haven't seen any shouts either on asura for 'anything' delve related) so I am thinking my best bet to meet the requirements to start the upgrade quest is beating a macrocosmic orb battle on "difficult".

However, there is no information on these battles anywhere that I have been able to find in searching. So I am asking the community directly here, how difficult are these fights? Is there one that can be handled with less than 6? what strategies are known? what kind of gear do I need?

I do plan to gather some seals and do a couple trial runs myself but there is only so much I can do without pooling info. Any help here would be great and much appreciated.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

So I'm really torn on what to upgrade first. Just got all the materials for a +1 body and my choices are between SAM(Koga), DRG(Ryuno), and MNK(used frequently, but only oatixur). Anyone have any advice? I just don't want to make a dumb impulsive decision with how rare these materials are.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Wakido is a decent boost to DPS when AM3 is up, while at the same time offering much needed defensive stats over usu+1.

Vishap is pretty meh since it doesn't work on soul/spirit jumps. Phor/Cizin(crit+2) are better for WS depending on attack.

Not sure about MNK besides just being a Chakra piece.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Thanks! ended up going with the wakido, didn't know about the jump thing.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Omicron View Post
    Hello BG,

I am a long time ffxi player who has returned due to the special event wanting to see the changes made. I really only have one friend left on ffxi who is back in the event with me so I don't think we can handle clearing one of the delve mega bosses (haven't seen any shouts either on asura for 'anything' delve related) so I am thinking my best bet to meet the requirements to start the upgrade quest is beating a macrocosmic orb battle on "difficult".

However, there is no information on these battles anywhere that I have been able to find in searching. So I am asking the community directly here, how difficult are these fights? Is there one that can be handled with less than 6? what strategies are known? what kind of gear do I need?

I do plan to gather some seals and do a couple trial runs myself but there is only so much I can do without pooling info. Any help here would be great and much appreciated.
    i just returned myself but from what i looked up and myself solo a few runs on VE and E you need at least hard mode win, so have to finish normal first and tactics seems to just be have a tank pull them to one side and have another pull one out at a time and just burn them down.

if you do not have the KI from delve nm or hard win i am not sure there is another way to get the quest from oboro unless i am missing something.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7