BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: AF Upgrades     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Curious if they're going to go the Empy route. Bump the stat vomit to 119, add a set bonus, bump/add more JA/JT enhancements, more relevant stats to the job. Lots of the DD gear is grossly generic atm, other than the Str/Dex and Haste from stat vomit and any JA/JT enhancements, which are proving to be somewhat weak atm, but only 109.

Campaign
    BG Level

I dunno, I don't see them taking that route.
    We still have Empy for that and they already mentioned upgrading Relic and Empy to 119.
    I think the new 119 Empy will be what you're imagining.
    But AF and Relic? I see them as being situational pieces for job specific situations, with some full-time exception here and there.

Making three sets with the same model (set bonus etc) would be cool maybe but I don't see that happening.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I've imagined Relic and Empy being above ilvl 119 myself, though no proof to it or anything. They mentioned in one of the follow up posts about RMEs that as content and ilvl increase, RME's will have new ways to upgrade them to that ilvl. Prior to mention of that, and the mention of AF becoming 119 in December, I woulda figured Relic as 115ish, Empy as 119ish. After that though? I think we'll see the upgrades come as content lvl increases beyond 119, providing a new sense of progression, like we had before of AF > Relic > Empy, as silly of a model as it was.

Whether that means we'll see a set bonus on the 119 AF or not, I dunno. I just like for there to be a reason for jobs to use lots of JSE. I hate the current state of the game where for the most part, it's a sea of Skirmish red.

Campaign
    BG Level

Depends how soon they intend to break the 120 gear cap and how soon they intend to release relic/empy.
    In spite of what I expected when they announced the ilevel thing, lately I'm getting the impression that the 120 cap is gonna stay longer than I thought, and that Relic/Empy are gonna come earlier than I expect.

If things go the other way around, then I can't do anything but fully support your stance on relic/empy being > 119.

I'm not sure if I can agree with your hate for the current state of the game.
    I mean, to a certain degree certainly I do concur, but post-skirmish (and post 115 naakuals new drops) it seems to me the current model is getting more towards what FFXI used to be pre-SoA, and away from the post-launch where it was just a sea of Bayld and Plasm gear with stats-vomit on them and nothing else (mostly).
    Skirmish gear added some more job specific situations (PDT, specific augments, specific bonuses) and AF takes that to a whole different level.
    I'm liking this scenario of sidegrades and options and possibilities, it "feels" like the old FFXI and I like it personally, supposing they will keep on this track of course.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Oh yeah, can totally get behind the side grade nature of things lately. There's more options, and they're starting to fill in slots much better. I just hate that for the most part, people look very similar. The first thing I saw when I came back to the game was Jeuno swarmed with people in Empy +2, and I was immediately in love with people looking like their jobs.

I'm split on the whole ilvl debacle really. I don't think they really know what they're doing with it, or we'd have more ilvl 119 options than we currently do, and 119s would be the best. Yet 113-115s are consistently better in many regards, except weapons. Weapons they've pretty much cemented them in place due to the scaling of the damage and +skill. I'd like for them to continue to flesh things out so there's more gear options, more ways to cover other stats, etc. But since we know that increasing the ilvl cap is on the plate, I'd rather them just go ahead and roll it out now, than to fill in slots and stuff as they are, then shit on it all again, ex. pretty much everything Adoulin has done up til recently.

Good example is some of the BCNM drop weapons. Couple with some utility, and that's cool. But for the most part, they're fucking junk. They would have been cool had they been released say back when Delve launched, 109 AHable weapons with questionable-to-decent stats. Now though? So many are just terrible. I guess for some weapon types, it's the best AHable weapon you can get, since there still seems to be a fair number of people without Adoulin...

Campaign
    BG Level

I'm still wtfing at some of those weapons. Wether they have hidden stats or... I dunno.
    Like the Latent 101 Katana, Kiji and even a badly augmented Kannakiri+1 are probably going to be better than that, and that's supposing the latent activates when it's on the main hand.
    I don't really get what they had in mind when they made those weapons honestly.

Maybe they'll be upgradeable? Doubt it, but I still can't see how the hell they could even think to release most of them.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Fuck this foreplay. Where's my iLevel 119 Charis Casaque?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

i think the ilvl 120 cap should stay for at least a year or even more. what we need now is decent sidegrades, people are sick of trying to catch up with things because it gets trashed every 2 months. i for myself at least am. i dont have the time commitment to regear 5 different jobs from sratch every 2 months when they use total different gearsets (BLU COR WHM WAR SCH). needless to say my cor has hit lately the bottom line due to this, still decent but far from exeptional as it used to be.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    I'm still wtfing at some of those weapons. Wether they have hidden stats or... I dunno.
    Like the Latent 101 Katana, Kiji and even a badly augmented Kannakiri+1 are probably going to be better than that, and that's supposing the latent activates when it's on the main hand.
    I don't really get what they had in mind when they made those weapons honestly.

Maybe they'll be upgradeable? Doubt it, but I still can't see how the hell they could even think to release most of them.
    I'm thinking it works like Blua Dolch and I feel that most of this was just filler for the BCNMs. At best, cheaper than Pamun, Bayld free (if just starting), and Plasm free (again, just starting).

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Inb4 new skirmish is released with ilvl l117 gear that's black or white. Since Yorcia skirmish gear is just the synergy Furia gear with new stats I wouldn't be surprised to see rehashed Ebur and Ebon gear with new stats too

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

You mean the Legion armor?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Oh I forgot about that, was the legion armor black/white and left out red(skirmish?) I thought legion armor was white ie magavan. I guess they can do black unless heroes abysses augmented armor was black, I forgot

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

RDM hands - increase enhancing magic effect

no composure
    haste - 180 seconds
    haste w/ hands - 207 seconds -> 15% increase

Of course, when you cast buffs on other people with composure up, putting on the af hands will reduce your af3+2 set to 4/5, which means you lose out 15% to gain 15%.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Did you check to see how it stacks with composure? It might not be additive with composure. Like if it adds onto the feet/back then it would be a super small gain. If it's a 3rd term all together a nice gain

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I will check tomorrow. I've done like 4 different tests and it doesn't seem like it's additive or multiplicative. The numbers just don't make sense.

phalanx2 - 150 second base - head/body/hands (3/5 AF3+2) -> should be 150 x 1.2 = 180 seconds and that's what I got
    phalanx2 - head/body (2/5 AF3+2) w/ AF hands -> 190 seconds

Have fun figuring that out. I'm going to bed.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm not sure how useful this may be, but for those who are going to limbus for your +1 pieces, I tabulated where upgrade pieces commonly drop from. The drop data is from otherwiki, since bgwiki doesnt have anything. I'm not entirely sure how accurate it is, but its better than nothing so far, since everything else shows a full list of what can drop, not the common drop of every floor.

Code:
    Common Areas (15% chance or higher)
    Apollyon	SE	NE	SW	NW
    1 Warrior	4f	3f	n/a	1f
    2 Monk		3f	n/a	4f	4f
    3 White Mage	4f	1f	n/a	n/a
    4 Black Mage	4f	2f	n/a	n/a
    5 Red Mage	1f	n/a	4f	n/a
    6 Thief		1f	n/a	4f	3/4f
    7 Paladin	2f	n/a	4f	4f
    8 Dark Knight	n/a	4f	1f	2f
    9 Beastmaster	2f	n/a	4f	n/a
    10 Bard		n/a	4f	1f	2/4f
    11 Ranger	n/a	4f	n/a	4f
    12 Samurai	4f	1f	n/a	1/4f
    13 Ninja	n/a	4f	3f	2/4f
    14 Dragoon	4f	2f	n/a	1f
    15 Summoner	n/a	4f	2f	2/4f
    16 Blue Mage	4f	2f	n/a	1f
    17 Corsair	n/a	4f	2f	n/a
    18 Puppetmaster	2f	n/a	4f	4f
    19 Dancer	1f	n/a	4f	n/a
    20 Scholar	4f	1f	n/a	n/a

Temenos		West	North	East	Central (each area drops 1 job it seems)
    1 Warrior	1/5	n/a	n/a	1st
    2 Monk		n/a	2/3	n/a	3rd
    3 White Mage	6f	3/4/5	n/a	3rd
    4 Black Mage	n/a	n/a	2/6/7	2nd
    5 Red Mage	2/6	n/a	n/a	1st
    6 Thief		n/a	1457	4f	3rd
    7 Paladin	n/a	n/a	1/2/3	2nd
    8 Dark Knight	n/a	n/a	4/5	2nd
    9 Beastmaster	n/a	n/a	1/6/7	2nd
    10 Bard		1/2/3	n/a	n/a	1st
    11 Ranger	n/a	6f	1/4/5	2nd
    12 Samurai	2/4/6	n/a	n/a	1st
    13 Ninja	6f	1/2/6	n/a	3rd
    14 Dragoon	n/a	1267	n/a	3rd
    15 Summoner	1567	n/a	n/a	1st
    16 Blue Mage	1357	4f	n/a	1st
    17 Corsair	n/a	1347	n/a	3rd
    18 Puppetmaster	n/a	n/a	1347	2nd
    19 Dancer	n/a	3f	5/6	2nd
    20 Scholar	3f	5f	n/a	3rd

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ihina View Post
    I will check tomorrow. I've done like 4 different tests and it doesn't seem like it's additive or multiplicative. The numbers just don't make sense.

phalanx2 - 150 second base - head/body/hands (3/5 AF3+2) -> should be 150 x 1.2 = 180 seconds and that's what I got
    phalanx2 - head/body (2/5 AF3+2) w/ AF hands -> 190 seconds

Have fun figuring that out. I'm going to bed.
    Looks mulitiplicative to me. 150*1.1*1.15 =189.75

Now wether it adds onto the feet/cape bonus (most likely) or is a seperate 3rd is hard to say

Campaign
    BG Level

Nobody tested NIN Body/Legs yet?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Looks mulitiplicative to me. 150*1.1*1.15 =189.75

Now wether it adds onto the feet/cape bonus (most likely) or is a seperate 3rd is hard to say
    I miss being good at simple math. Either that, or I was reallllly tired last night.

Anyways

refresh1 = 150 seconds
    refresh1 with cape = 164 seconds (150 * 1.1)
    refresh1 with af hands = 172 seconds (150 * 1.15)
    refresh1 with cape+af hands = 187 seconds (150 * 1.25)

So it's additive with cape/feet, as one would expect.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Also lose out on duelist+2 hands 18 enhancing skill bonus. Also rdm inventory is already rather strained