+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by isladar View Post
    Reported rapes don't account for all rapes, and yes, most rapes are committed by known actors, rather than the tradition guy in a sky mask.

Also, rape is nonconsensual sex, being intoxicated doesn't make rape morally gray, &c.

I'm not going to touch "it's either rape or a merely a bad decision" because oh my do I have a lot of cussing still left in me!
    Self-reported in a survey; please try reading a little harder. These weren't rapes that were reported to the police and investigated. They're claims by individual people with zero context or supporting evidence.

Do you believe that two drunk people engaging in sexual activity are raping each other simultaneously? Please tell me you don't.

Also, there's a lot of gray in between sober and passed-out drunk. This issue is not black and white, and attempts to make it black and white are the reason why statistics like the one you preached are useless. Definitions matter.

DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

Come on, you can do better. Gimme one more, you surely can't be too scared to say something directly, can you?

This is... what was this thread about again?

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post
    This is... what was this thread about again?
    I thought it was going to be about gun control but apparently everything is about womens rights on this forum now.

DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blubbartron View Post
    Self-reported in a survey; please try reading a little harder. These weren't rapes that were reported to the police and investigated. They're claims by individual people with zero context or supporting evidence.

Do you believe that two drunk people engaging in sexual activity are raping each other simultaneously? Please tell me you don't.

Also, there's a lot of gray in between sober and passed-out drunk. This issue is not black and white, and attempts to make it black and white are the reason why statistics like the one you preached are useless. Definitions matter.
    I'm not shitting on you dude, so let's talk like we have differing opinions and are trying to figure out something, which is the case.

Observable rapes are not the only rapes, so self-reported information is necessary. Validity and reliability of self-reported information is factored in to studies; I had to do it when I was relying on self-reported height measurements.

I believe consent can be withdrawn at anytime, and that drunk people cannot grant consent; if two drunk people engage in sexual activity and are fine with it then yay! But if a party withdraws consent, then there is a problem. I don't mean to opine and run, so I apologize that I can't cite a source right this second, but I'll try and get some stuff on it later today, if that's cool.

e: actually yeah I'm mad derailing, hah. Blubbartron if you wanna set up an OP for a thread on this like I said I'll be able to jump in later.

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Of course men do. It's not a zero-sum game. Drawing attention to systemic issues that women face doesn't take away from the general issue of violence. 1 in 3 women have experienced sexual assault. It's not paranoia.

e: Also I don't get the thread title, "got an applause"?
    Let's not forget the bolded part. Sexual assault does not always equal rape. Being groped on the subway is sexual assault. Is it as violating as rape? Probably not, though that's in the eye of the victim. But if you're saying 1 in 3 women has been sexually assaulted and not necessarily raped, I am inclined to believe it.

Yeah, I'll get around to it later probably. I need to be working.

Back on topic, guns are bad, m'kay!

Banned.

BG Level

Heard it was a rape thread came as fast as I can

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

From what your wife says that was about 30-35 seconds?

Banned.

BG Level

nigga I ain't got time to enjoy a rape people got shit to do

Come on, you can do better. Gimme one more, you surely can't be too scared to say something directly, can you?
    feminism - because abusing the less powerful isn't just for men

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

if only we had a thread where we could discuss issues like sexual violence

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I believe consent can be withdrawn at anytime, and that drunk people cannot grant consent; if two drunk people engage in sexual activity and are fine with it then yay! But if a party withdraws consent, then there is a problem.
    The trouble there is when one person is drunk, and gives consent. Of course, a sufficiently drunk person cannot really give consent. With that, i agree. But how drunk is too drunk? Where is the line drawn? And how is the other person supposed to know? As far as they know, the other person is willing. It's complicated.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    if only we had a thread where we could discuss issues like sexual violence
    look at this desperate ass ho trying to pick up dudes in a rape thread

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    TL;DR
    Shouldn't crash your car while black in a war zone
    Details.
    Pretty sure her race figures more than her gender as to why she's dead. But who knows, maybe the back of her head was really menacing to a guy behind a bolted door with a shotty.

Ryko's Full of Lies and Johns
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ryuu Akaneiro
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Dunemaul

Quote Originally Posted by MF Perm tha Fineass View Post
    nigga I ain't got time to enjoy a rape people got shit to do
    Seriously, got quotas to fill.

Edit: Speaking of rape statistics and quotas, I'll drop this, here: http://bit.ly/179CmT8

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by hey View Post
    The trouble there is when one person is drunk, and gives consent. Of course, a sufficiently drunk person cannot really give consent. With that, i agree. But how drunk is too drunk? Where is the line drawn? And how is the other person supposed to know? As far as they know, the other person is willing. It's complicated.
    I find this a problem:
    Girls at the club drunk, yet shes grindin on some guy all night, reaching in his pants grabbin his junk an all, they go to one of their homes, bang all night "fuck me harder harder faster spank my ass im your dirty slut"... Then next day, sober up, realize hes ugly, and call it rape. This HAS happened, and the guy wrongly becomes labeled a sex offender. How is that fair at all?

Dont mistake the above for a girl who is saying "no no", but is too drunk to put up a fight and eventually gives in. I mean a girl who really DID want it, then regreted it. Like the girl in the video that surfaced a month ago or so (the video recording definitely wasnt consented, but she was clearly willing to fingerbang).

SETTLE DOWN, DANZIG
    you canno see my sunglass

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ikarys Chevalier
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    I find this a problem:
    Girls at the club drunk, yet shes grindin on some guy all night, reaching in his pants grabbin his junk an all, they go to one of their homes, bang all night "fuck me harder harder faster spank my ass im your dirty slut"... Then next day, sober up, realize hes ugly, and call it rape. This HAS happened, and the guy wrongly becomes labeled a sex offender. How is that fair at all?

Dont mistake the above for a girl who is saying "no no", but is too drunk to put up a fight and eventually gives in. I mean a girl who really DID want it, then regreted it. Like the girl in the video that surfaced a month ago or so (the video recording probably wasnt concented, but she was clearly willing to fingerbang).
    1. People have already kind of pointed out, this isn't the thread for this particular line of discourse. Regarding a particular incident (maybe the aforementioned video), discussion might be worth having in a separate thread.

2. I find this to be a problem; I'm Harrison Ford and I didn't actually kill my wife, but Tommy Lee Jones doesn't care and wants me dead anyway. What does this have to do with your example? They are both cases which are so entirely removed from the majority of reported incidents, as to be pretty much fictional. Not make-believe and completely impossible, mind you, but so statistically insignificant so as to not be a solid argument.

If the question is, "what do we do in this case, but it might fall under nonconsent?" Then the answer is, don't ply women in a club with alcohol to impair their judgement and coerce them into having casual sex with you. Problem solved.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

What the fuck at all of this thread. Back on topic. I want to hear details about her car breaking down and why the fuck this guy felt he had to shoot someone who was at his door knocking/ringing the doorbell/whatever at night. I can't imagine real robbers/whatever/shady ass people don't do that.

Edit: I think someone asked how you would react if someone was knocking on the door at night. As a paranoid person I would probably go to the door and look through the lil peep hole to see who it was. Mostly because I would assume at that hour I'm either getting a Cop, a drunk, or an angry ex-girlfriend/boyfriend. Once I saw that it was some stranger, I'd probably grab my phone, put the door chain on and open the door and ask what they wanted.

If she was to explain she had some sort of accident/breakdown/something, I wouldn't necessarily open my door but I'd definitely call the police for some help for the lady. If she looked injured, I'd probably help her out further because I'm not some sort of heartless fuck.

I don't think my first instinct would be to grab a gun--although maybe someone could and answer the door at the same time. Just in case the person was dangerous you could feel secure in that. Jesus fuck why shoot someone knocking on your door.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

If the last story similar to this one is any indication if the homeowner had called the cops she would have been shot by them instead.