+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Theres no mention of what the accident is though
    Local news used the family's account, there some reason to doubt it?

Spinks said McBride had been driving her 2001 white Ford Taurus when she struck another car, parked and walked to find help.

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    Try to justify it however you like, its paranoia plain and simple.
    Smaller men and injured men don't walk around all paranoid either because people haven't stirred us up like women tend to do to each other. There is literally no reason for all the purse clutching and fast-walking. If anyone should be scared, it should be me. I'm far more likely to be attacked on any given day at any given time than you are.

Am I scared though? No.
    Critical fucking shitmass. I don't get it, dude, this is awful.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Caiyuo View Post
    Critical fucking shitmass. I don't get it, dude, this is awful.
    You won't ever get it because you've already decided that women are some sort of special victim class when the stats show this is anything but the actual truth.
    I've got the pull but you can keep the wool.

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

Mace doesn't care what gender you are.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    Local news used the family's account, there some reason to doubt it?
    Yes, seeing as the family said she was shot in the back of the head and the police said that she was not. Not to be an asshole, but I'm of the view that once you lie, your credibility is gone, so I'm willing to take a second look at everything the family says.

SETTLE DOWN, DANZIG
    you canno see my sunglass

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ikarys Chevalier
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    Also lol @ women being scared and trying to say its anything aside from paranoia. Men are far more likely to be victims of violent crime in general but men aren't walking around scared all the time.
    ... they aren't? Then shit dude, why are we all hard about carrying a gun, a knife, anything?

Ryko's Full of Lies and Johns
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ryuu Akaneiro
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Dunemaul

Compensation

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    Yes, seeing as the family said she was shot in the back of the head and the police said that she was not. Not to be an asshole, but I'm of the view that once you lie, your credibility is gone, so I'm willing to take a second look at everything the family says.
    So what is the alternative that nobody has considered? There was no accident? She was in a different kind of accident? What are we going to learn from the nature of her accident that helps paint a more accurate picture of the circumstances of her shooting?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Just thought I'd take it a step back and look at the situation without all the race/gender baggage.

The girl had just been in an accident and could possibly have been concussed and not thinking clearly.
    There could have been blood on her and she may have been acting erratically.
    Combine that with it being at night and it could have been a very scary situation. Is she on drugs? Is she crazy? (also zomg nigga out to get me and mah family!11!1!!!)

The shooter just woke up to banging or yelling. Immediately thinks burglery or worse. Also not thinking clearly as they were just sleeping.
    It's dark. Possibly other people in the house panicking. (she's dark)

Combine all that together and the result seems to be a lot more probable. Not justifying anything and there could easily be racism involved, but there might not have been. Seems more probable than she went to the wrong house and the shooter saw their one chance to kill a black person and get away with it.

As far as the being shot in the back of the head thing, people could be confusing entry and exit wounds.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Well, if she had crashed into the person's house and then gone banging on their door, I'd personally be more inclined to believe it's ok to check the door with a gun. But, some of the reports mention that the accident was 4 blocks away (and supposedly 2 hours before she got shot), so that point is moot.

My point was just that the family has said things that the police have come out to say is not true. A lot of the outrage is that this person shot this girl in the back of the head as she was leaving his porch, but the police said that's not what happened, so it seems like the family is trying to drum up support and sway public opinion. Is that fair? Probably not, but I'm just saying that's how I feel given that they lied. And so, I'm interested in knowing the circumstances rather than just taking the family's word that she was such a sweet quiet girl. At the very least, I'm suspicious of why she was out at 2 am, why she left the scene of the accident, why she walked four blocks, and why the accident supposedly happened at 1:30 and she was shot at 3:40.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by mightyg View Post
    Just thought I'd take it a step back and look at the situation without all the race/gender baggage.

The girl had just been in an accident and could possibly have been concussed and not thinking clearly.
    There could have been blood on her and she may have been acting erratically.
    Combine that with it being at night and it could have been a very scary situation. Is she on drugs? Is she crazy? (also zomg nigga out to get me and mah family!11!1!!!)

The shooter just woke up to banging or yelling. Immediately thinks burglery or worse. Also not thinking clearly as they were just sleeping.
    It's dark. Possibly other people in the house panicking. (she's dark)

Combine all that together and the result seems to be a lot more probable. Not justifying anything and there could easily be racism involved, but there might not have been. Seems more probable than she went to the wrong house and the shooter saw their one chance to kill a black person and get away with it.

As far as the being shot in the back of the head thing, people could be confusing entry and exit wounds.
    "I'm not saying it's the victim's fault, but it's the victim's fault."

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Well I'm saying that the family may have saw the body and seen the exit wound in the back of the head. Emotions yo. They're not necessarily deliberately lying. Also you don't have to have a car crash into your house to get scared that a bloody stranger is yelling and banging on your door. Especially if another family member wakes you up all freaked out and panicking themselves.

"I'm not saying it's the victim's fault, but it's the victim's fault."
    Woah woah. Easy there. I was saying it's a shitty situation and it may not be anyone's fault entirely. Next time I'll pick a side like you expect me to.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    At the very least, I'm suspicious of why she was out at 2 am, why she left the scene of the accident, why she walked four blocks, and why the accident supposedly happened at 1:30 and she was shot at 3:40.
    Why does any of this matter?

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Because it might give us some context into why this person felt they needed to take a gun when checking the door?

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Oh yeah it's the dead girl's fault again, how silly of me.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

if someone knocks on my door at 2 and she's asking about help because of a car crash, my first instinct wouldn't be to put a 12-guage slug through her dome. there's a reason she got shot in the face, and while Yes, the big thing here is that she got blasted, if you think her being black has NOTHING to do with it, you live in an America I'd like to visit. You guys shit on Chari for what he said, but there are places in this country where i wouldn't be caught trying to walk around at night by myself. the rural south... no... rural america if i know there's no other blax, and any big city where separation lines (train tracks, etc) do exist.

Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Why does any of this matter?
    Why does relevant information matter heuheuheuheu

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I'm going to guess that she knocked on the door for help, the guy brought his gun cause he thought someone was trying to break in, he tells her to fuck off, she get mad and keeps it real, says shit to the guy, he feels threatened and shoots her.

Spoiler: show
    I didnt read, and never do

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

he feels threatened with her at the door talking shit with him standing there with a shotgun? Dimmy, i luvs you and all, but that sounds particularly retarded.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    he feels threatened with her at the door talking shit with him standing there with a shotgun? Dimmy, i luvs you and all, but that sounds particularly retarded.
    White people

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast