WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Daredevil (Netflix) Season 3 October 19, 2018

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3322312/
    Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daredevil_%28TV_series%29
    http://marvel.com/tv/show/216/marvels_daredevil

Synopsis:
    “Marvel’s Daredevil” is a live action series that follows the journey of attorney Matt Murdock, who in a tragic accident was blinded as a boy but imbued with extraordinary senses. Murdock sets up practice in his old neighborhood of Hell’s Kitchen, New York where he now fights against injustice as a respected lawyer by day and masked vigilante at night.
    Main cast:

Charlie Cox - Matt Murdock / Daredevil
    Deborah Ann Woll - Karen Page
    Elden Henson - Foggy Nelson
    Rosario Dawson - Claire Temple
    Vincent D'Onofrio - Wilson Fisk
    Ayelet Zurer - Vanessa Marianna
    Bob Gunton - Leland Owlsley
    Toby Leonard Moore - Wesley
    Vondie Curtis-Hall - Ben Urich

Trailers:

Notes:
    • Announcement:
      Spoiler: show
      Marvel has made another pretty epic move! They've teamed up with Netflix to bring us four new live action series starting in 2015! The four series will include Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, and Luke Cage! They will all lead up to a miniseries event for The Defenders. They are basically bringing their movie phase plan to TV, and I hope that it works! I also hope that these series' end up being better than Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. because that's starting to disappoint. That series just needs a reboot with a whole new idea and new characters.

According to the press release the four new series "taking Netflix members deep into the gritty world of heroes and villains of Hell's Kitchen, New York. Netflix has committed to a minimum of four, thirteen episodes series and a culminating Marvel's The Defenders mini-series event that reimagines a dream team of self-sacrificing, heroic characters." This could end up being incredibly awesome! I'm excited to see how this all turns out!

Alan Fine, President of Marvel Entertainment, had this to say in a statement,

This deal is unparalleled in its scope and size, and reinforces our commitment to deliver Marvel's brand, content and characters across all platforms of storytelling. Netflix offers an incredible platform for the kind of rich storytelling that is Marvel's specialty. This serialized epic expands the narrative possibilities of on-demand television and gives fans the flexibility to immerse themselves how and when they want in what's sure to be a thrilling and engaging adventure.
      Netflix Chief Content Officer Ted Sarandos had this to say,

Marvel's movies, such as 'Iron Man' and Marvel's 'The Avengers', are huge favorites on our service around the world. Like Disney, Marvel is a known and loved brand that travels. With 'House of Cards' and our other original series, we have pioneered new approaches to storytelling and to global distribution and we're thrilled to be working with Disney and Marvel to take our brand of television to new levels with a creative project of this magnitude.
      From the press release:

This new original TV deal follows last year's landmark movie distribution deal through which, beginning with 2016 theatrically released feature films, Netflix will be the exclusive U.S. subscription television service for first-run, live-action and animated movies from the Walt Disney Studios, including titles from Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Disneynature and Lucasfilm. Netflix members can currently enjoy a wide range of Disney, ABC TV and Disney Channel films and shows across the 41 countries where Netflix operates.
      http://geektyrant.com/news/marvel-an...-jessica-jones

Episodes:

001 - INTO THE RING
    002 - Cut Man
    003 - Rabbit in a Snow Storm
    004 -
    005 -
    006 -
    007 -
    008 -
    009 -
    010 -
    011 -
    012 -
    013 -

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Drew Goddard (Cabin in the Woods, Buffy, Angel, Alias, Lost) to be lead Writer
    As you know, Marvel recently announced that they would be developing four new series for Netflix, one of which is Daredevil. The Wrap is now reporting that the studio has hired Cabin in the Woods co-writer and director Drew Goddard to write the series for Netflix. This is a pretty big deal for Goddard as he's a huge fan of Daredevil.

The other live-action series based on Marvel characters being developed are Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, and Iron Fist. All of these shows will lead to a miniseries that brings together The Defenders superhero team.

Not only has Goddard worked with Joss Whedon on Cabin in the Woods, but they also worked together on Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel. He also worked on Lost and Alias.

When talking about his Daredevil fandom with Collider, Goddard said,

You’re talking to a guy who had quotes from Daredevil painted on his wall while growing up. Even when I was 18, I still had the blood red door with the, ‘I have shown him that a man without hope is a man without fear.’ That was what I loved and so it’s the sort of thing that if we can find the right project, I would love to do it.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/cabin-in-...redevil-series
    http://www.thewrap.com/netflix-disne...l-drew-goddard
    http://collider.com/tag/drew-goddard/

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Matt Murdock has been cast apparently.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=118786

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

nvm

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    Matt Murdock has been cast apparently.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=118786
    Charlie Cox
    Latino-Review is reporting that Stardust and "Boardwalk Empire" star Charlie Cox could be the man without fear in Marvel Entertainment's upcoming Netflix series "Daredevil." The site reports this is just a rumor for the time being, but check back here for updates on casting for the series very soon.

It was revealed this weekend that The Cabin in the Woods director Drew Goddard had stepped away from the series in order to focus on Sony's "The Amazing Spider-Man" spin-off The Sinister Six with "Spartacus" creator Steven S. DeKnight stepping in to take his place as executive producer and showrunner on the series.

"Daredevil" is just one of four new shows that will debut on Netflix from Marvel Entertainment which also include "Iron Fist," "Luke Cage," "Jessica Jones," and a mini-series event of "The Defenders" that brings them all together. Production is scheduled to begin on the series this summer with a target release in 2015.

UPDATE: Marvel has confirmed the news! Cox is officially set to play Matt Murdock on the upcoming Netflix series.
    Will be filmed as one long movie
    Comic fans knew to expect something potentially groundbreaking when Marvel announced their deal to bring four new series to Netflix, with Daredevil the first to be completed. Marvel Comics Chief Creative Officer Joe Quesada has revealed that the tone of the show won’t be the only thing making the series unique when it reaches Netflix in 2015.

Comic book movie fans may not realize that it was Quesada who helped save Marvel Comics from the brink of bankruptcy – yes, bankruptcy – back in 1998, bringing fringe characters like Daredevil and The Punisher back into the spotlight with a darker, more refreshing approach. Understandably, that history with the visually impaired attorney/acrobatic vigilante has made the upcoming Netflix series one of particular interest to Quesada.

In an interview with CBR, the Chief Creative Officer explained that the Netflix projects are one of his top priorities, overseeing the adaptation of Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist and The Defenders. But Matt Murdock will always hold a special place for the artist-turned-executive (news sure to boost optimism among fans of the hero):

I’ve been working very, very closely with the entire team on all levels of the show. I think everybody knows my relationship with the character of Daredevil, and how important the character is to me — not just on an emotional front, but on a professional front. How DD brought me back here to Marvel, and how instrumental he was to even me being in this particular position I’m in today. I’m very involved with the show, as well as everything that we’re doing with the Netflix shows. I’m incredibly excited, plus the dark and gritty noir world of DD and the Netflix characters, it’s kind of where I live so it naturally attracts me to begin with.
    Marvel’s recent parade of blockbusters has led many fans to believe that several licensed properties (from Fantastic Four to Spider-Man) would be better served if returned to their parent studio. The campy Ben Affleck-led Daredevil (2003) in particular is still a sore spot for fans of the hero, and Marvel is taking some clear steps to avoid that film’s mistakes (the series will actually be filmed in New York City, for instance).

But according to Quesada, those in charge aren’t bothering with regret (even if Affleck is), stating that “we’re not going into this show with the idea of trying to erase the memory of anything that came before.” Fans may not be so willing to forgive and forget, but there’s no question that the new format selected for Murdock’s second wind still carries some risk. Not as much as a blockbuster film, perhaps, but Marvel has also chosen to avoid the standard TV formula selected by Warner Bros. and DC Comics for both Gotham and The Flash.

The Netflix model has seen recent success, but in the case of Daredevil, Quesada hints that fans wishing for a big screen reboot may be pleasantly surprised:

One of the advantages is really from the planning stage — obviously it’s much easier to work with a smaller number of episodes than it is with a larger number of episodes. We can sit there and look at 13 episodes and plan it out as a very large movie. It makes seeing the bigger picture a little bit easier.

You can’t deny that there will be binge-viewing. You know that there are going to be some Marvel fans that when this show premieres, they are going to go on to Netflix, and they are going to sit there for 12 to 13-plus hours, and watch the entire thing all the way through. It’s going to happen. The Netflix model offers us the advantage of being able to construct the show in a manner that is very different than a weekly network TV show… With weekly TV, you sit there and go, “The audience may not want to wait two or three weeks to get this particular bit of information.” Whereas with Netflix, we might be able to hold onto a particular piece of information, because they may just watch it two hours later.
    It’s difficult to tell how the finished product will differ from standard TV seasons when all is said and done, but clearly Marvel has hedged their bets by assigning writer/director Drew Goddard to run the project (presumably before he shifts focus to Sony’s Sinister Six team-up). It’s worth mentioning that while Marvel is taking a different direction than WB (although Gotham‘s creator confirms the series will be one long story arc as well), Quesada sees comic book talent across the entire industry – the main reason he doesn’t see the wave of superhero blockbusters ‘crashing’ now that it’s arrived:

This is something I’ve been hearing now for over 10-plus years. “When is the wave going to die? When are people going to say, ‘I’m sick of comic book movies’?” You know what? I’m sick of people saying that… Everybody who is in our industry, everybody who loves what we do, from the creative side to fandom, we’ve been here forever, and we keep coming back for more, as long as the books are good, as long as the stories are great, regardless of whether they are Marvel, DC, Image, Dynamite, superheroes, alternative, indie, corporate-owned, creator-owned, licensed, paper, digital — it doesn’t matter where they’re coming from. People just want great stories.
    http://screenrant.com/daredevil-netf...s-movie-story/
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=52717

Drew Goddard leaves the project, Steve S. DeKnight takes over
    Marvel Studios has already had a good 2014, with Captain America: The Winter Soldier breaking box office records with a huge haul in April. Plus, the exciting second trailer for their ambitious August release, Guardians of the Galaxy, has left fans of the Marvel Cinematic Universe eager for more.

Then came yesterday’s news that director Edgar Wright has walked away from his long-in-development Ant-Man film for Marvel Studios. The details on what led to Wright’s departure have not been confirmed, but rumors suggest that extensive rewrites to the original screenplay by the director and Joe Cornish led to Wright’s exit. This seems like an isolated incident, but it might be just the first in a series of developmental shake-ups at the studio.

Today, Latino-Review broke some news concerning another hotly anticipated Marvel property: El Mayimbe’s sources said that Cabin in the Woods director Drew Goddard has left the Daredevil series, which is set to air on Netflix. Goddard was set to write and direct the pilot episode of the show, and then remain aboard as showrunner.

Marvel has since confirmed this, and reports that a new showrunner has been named. Steve S. DeKnight (Spartacus, Buffy: The Vampire Slayer) will take over the project for Goddard. Read the official press release below:

Marvel is proud to announce that acclaimed writer, director and producer Steven S. DeKnight (“Spartacus,” “Buffy: The Vampire Slayer,” “Angel”) has joined “Marvel’s Daredevil” as Executive Producer & Showrunner on the all-new 13-episode series premiering on Netflix in 2015. Drew Goddard, who also wrote the first two episodes, will continue to serve as Executive Producer on “Marvel”s Daredevil” as he writes and preps Sony’s “The Amazing Spider-Man” spin-off film, “The Sinister Six.
    Sony’s The Amazing Spider-Man 2 spinoff Sinister Six - with Goddard set to direct - could, according to the rumor mill, begin filming as soon as January 2015, which has led to the speculation that the film could see a release as soon as 2016. Regardless of whether that’s accurate or not, it seems that Daredevil’s production schedule just left too slim a window for Sinister Six.

It appears that Goddard’s voice will still influence Daredevil, since he has written the first two episodes and is remaining involved in a consulting capacity. What Marvel and Daredevil fans gain with DeKnight is a seasoned veteran of geek-friendly television. Besides his work on all three seasons of Spartacus and on Buffy, DeKnight worked with Joss Whedon on Angel and Dollhouse, along with a stint on Smallville.

Just as Edgar Wright’s leaving Ant-Man has apparently not affected the film’s release date, there is similarly no indication that Daredevil has been delayed, with the 13-episode initial season still set to debut on Netflix in 2015.
    http://screenrant.com/marvel-daredev...ew-showrunner/
    http://www.latino-review.com/news/ex...vels-daredevil
    http://marvel.com/news/tv/2014/5/24/...vels_daredevil

Tio Derp
    DHC Glitch of the House of Weave

BG Level

He was the man in Boardwalk, though his accent might be too heavy to play DD.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

He played Irish in Boardwalk Empire but his accent sounded normal (English?) in Stardust. I don't think the American accent should be a problem.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I'm excited, I loved him in Boardwalk Empire

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Vincent D'Onofrio cast as Wilson Fisk, The Kingpin
    Marvel and Netflix are proud to announce that acclaimed actor Vincent D’Onofrio has joined “Marvel’s Daredevil,” an all-new 13-episode series premiering on Netflix in 2015. Best known for his critically-lauded work in “Law & Order: Criminal Intent,” “Men in Black, “Full Metal Jacket” and “Homicide,” D’Onofrio will play Wilson Fisk, a powerful businessman whose interests in the future of Hell’s Kitchen will bring him into conflict with the blind attorney Matt Murdock and his alter ego Daredevil.

D’Onofrio joins Charlie Cox, previously announced as Matt Murdock, in the exciting cast of “Marvel’s Daredevil.”

“We’re incredibly proud to have an actor with the gravitas and versatility of Vincent joining 'Marvel’s Daredevil' in such an integral role,” said Jeph Loeb, Marvel’s Head of Television. “Wilson Fisk is an iconic villain whose cunning and power make him the dangerous equal of our hero."

“Marvel’s Daredevil” follows the journey of Matt Murdock, who was blinded as a young boy but imbued with extraordinary senses, now fighting against injustice by day as a lawyer, and by night as the super hero Daredevil in modern day Hell's Kitchen, New York City.

Marvel’s first original series on Netflix is Executive Produced by series Showrunner Steven S. DeKnight (“Spartacus”, “Buffy: The Vampire Slayer”, “Angel”) and Drew Goddard ("Cabin in the Woods," "Lost," "Buffy The Vampire Slayer," in addition to writing the first two episodes of “Marvel’s Daredevil”), along with Marvel TV’s Jeph Loeb (“Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,” “Smallville,” “Heroes”).

“Marvel’s Daredevil” is produced by Marvel Television in association with ABC Studios for Netflix.

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/tv/2014/6/10/...#ixzz34H53VmXi

E. Body
    BG Level

Shoulda had Christian Bale do it, just to see what he'd do to his body irl

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

D'Onofrio is a great actor and a pretty big guy in his own right, but not quite the over-the-top big like Kingpin is typically portrayed as. An interesting choice for sure.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://www.avclub.com/article/rosari...ektra-n-206085
    Sin City’s Rosario Dawson will be joining Daredevil as a yet-unnamed character. All Marvel will say about her is that she’s “a dedicated young woman whose quest to heal the wounds of Hell’s Kitchen brings Matt Murdock unexpectedly crashing into her life,” adding that “her own journey forever alters the course of his battle against the injustices of this broken city.” So she’s clearly going to be someone important to Murdock/Daredevil, plus she’s a woman, so it seems pretty likely that she’s going to be Elektra.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    Rosario Dawson
    http://cdn.bluegartr.com/customavata...r43834_104.gif

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://i.onionstatic.com/avclub/5157/67/16x9/640.jpg
    http://www.avclub.com/article/darede...mighty--206268
    Elden Henson to play the role of Matt Murdock’s best friend and legal partner, Foggy Nelson. Henson is best known for playing Fulton Reed, the outsider turned loyal teammate, in The Mighty Ducks franchise. And if you’re under a certain age, he also has an upcoming role as Pollux in the forthcoming sequels to The Hunger Games.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Deborah Ann Woll cast in Daredevil
    "True Blood" actress Deborah Ann Woll has landed the female lead in Marvel Television and Netflix's upcoming "Daredevil" series. Woll will play the Marvel Cinematic Universe version of Karen Page, the longtime love interest of Matt Murdock/Daredevil.
    http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV...14,317_AL_.jpg

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

To premier in May 2015
    Well SDCC is done and dusted for anther year..but we still have a few nuggets of info making their way onto the interwebs. Marvel's final panel of the convention (live blogged on Marvel.com) was devoted to the 75th anniversary of Marvel comics and the 50th anniversary of Daredevil. Marvel Chief Creative Officer Joe Quesada was on hand along with writers Mark Waid and Dan Slott, and although they didn't divulge any specifics regarding the Daredevil Netflix series, it was revealed that the show would premier in May of next year -- the same month a little movie you may have heard of called Avengers: Age Of Ultron hits theatres. Daredevil will star Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock/Daredevil, Vincent D’Onofrio as Wilson Fisk, Elden Henson as Foggy Nelson, Deborah Ann Woll as Karen Page, and Rosario Dawson as (probably) Elektra.
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=104618
    http://bamsmackpow.com/2014/07/27/sd...how-comes-may/

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

That's just his first costume, too. I like the way they are approaching this. Though they said they're making Kingpin a younger, leaner version. Not the end of the world, but still. I'm sure it will be good regardless.

I read Franks Millers Man without Fear like 15 years ago and it's one of the books that stuck with me the most. They can easily base entire season just of the one book before he puts on the costume and end it like the book did with

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast