+ Reply to Thread
    blax n gunz
    BG Level

Princess Kaguya (Studio Ghibli)

Based on an ancient Japanese folktale (this explains the look) and directed by the man behind some of the STRONGEST FEELS Ghibli has ever produced. This also figures to be his last film as Takahata is 78 years old.

Earlier trailer

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

My god I can't wait to see this movie. I'm way more psyched for this one than Miyazaki's new film tbh. I love old Japanese legends and especially the time period this movie is set in (Heian or at least one time when the old aristocracy was still around).

blax n gunz
    BG Level

October 17

Chloe Grace Moretz will voice the title character in The Tale Of The Princess Kaguya, the latest animated pic from Studio Ghibli, the company co-founded by Japan animation icons Hayao Miyazaki and Isao Takahata. James Caan, Mary Steenburgen, Darren Criss, Lucy Liu, Beau Bridges, James Marsden, Oliver Platt and Dean Cain also have signed up for the film, which GKIDS acquired in March to release in the U.S.
    Look for it in the same limited release 'The Wind Rises' got i.e. small theaters near places like Mitsuwa and Beard Papa.