Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Adajer View Post
    What is a gladiator warrior?
    Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    They put in a new stance for warriors set to Protection spec that removes all their damage mitigation and greatly increases their DPS.
    Because tanks needed to do more dps or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by chazzyphizzle View Post
    didnt they...completely rework vengeance because people (dps?) were whining about tank damage being too high?
    They reworked tank damage, yes.

Gladiator's Resolve is a level 100 talent only available to protection warriors, the talent modifies both Battle and Defensive Stance. Battle stance is turned into Gladiator Stance which increases all physical damage done by 20% and replaces Shield Block with Shield Charge, This stance allows the warrior to forgo its taking ability and become a DPS spec. Defensive stance is buffed with an additional 5% mitigation, for a total of 30%. It plays similar to live fury and its a very decent and fluid dps spec, they pretty much shit on the playstyle of arms and fury in favor of focusing on making gladiator fun. Some of the abilities were reworked so that you dps and so that it wouldn't be overpowered in pvp. It is a low burst damage spec.

YOU CAN NOT SWITCH STANCES IN COMBAT ONCE YOU HAVE GLADIATOR’S RESOLVE

Currently gladiators AoE is very strong due to Deep Wounds, not a bursty as the other two spec’s AoE. It keeps up with Ravager which is considered to be a tad OP currently. Gladiator has a strong cleave abilities such as Revenge, Thunder Clap and Heroic Strike (Glyph of Cleave), currently glad is one of the better spec with 3 target cleave, but like everything is up for change.

Current rotation: Shield Charge > S.Slam > Revenge > Devastate; pool rage to Heroic Strike during Shield Charge as much as possible (4 times).
    Use Heroic Strike to manage rage outside of Shield Charge, in the same manner that MoP Fury uses Heroic Strike on live.

Bonus armor is Gladiators number one stat for Gladiator; Bonus armor is a secondary stat that gives the warrior 1 Attack power which is equivalent to 1 point of Strength (5% less due to stats buff). Bonus armor is obtained from; cloaks, rings, necks and some trinkets it is also available in temp buff form from Food and potions (flasks aren’t properly implemented like the other ones are so they are most likely gone).

Since Bonus armor is the weighted so much higher than the other secondary stats, playing Gladiator without bonus armor will not be optimal. The difference between using Bonus armor on all pieces (that it’s available on) VS using other secondary stats is roughly between 3-5% damage.

Bonus armor should not show up on shields and should be given to primary tanks first.

TLDR; sword and board dps with no tanking capabilities.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

They need to add this secondary talent shit to everything that tanks or heals.

Holy Priest dps, shockadin, blood dk dps etc

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Anniversary event will be active from November 21 through January 6th.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/157...raft-9-10-2014

Guess the concerns about having enough time to get to level 100 were addressed.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Enough people asked for it so I guess it's in:

http://i.minus.com/ibdQewkDMmTRmS.jpg

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

What would the point being to the "Tank Squish" Could you explain that a little bit more? #WarlordsQA
    Point is to bring down the power of both tanks and the creatures hitting them, so damage can be smoother; threatening but not... (Celestalon)
    ...two-shotting you. Important to note that we're not bringing things down so far that tanks are not needed, or their... (Celestalon)
    ...Active Mitigation gameplay changes. This is a numbers and tuning change, not a gameplay change. (Celestalon)

Basically, it's not a tank survival nerf, it's a non-tank survival buff?
    Ah, indeed, that is a somewhat appropriate way of looking at it. (Celestalon)

and is "tankable mobs" just a general term, or is there going to be a difference in how tankable and untankable mobs hit?
    We're going to reduce the damage of raid bosses more than outdoor world mobs, if that's what you mean. (Celestalon)
    General idea: The harder it hits currently, the more we're going to reduce it. (Celestalon)

Is the basic goal here to not have all non-tanks get destroyed so badly every time something touches them?
    Well, that's a minor part of it. The bigger part to us is to not have absurdly high numbers whenever tanks are involved, and... (Celestalon)
    ...start running into the extreme ends of scaling curves so early on. (Celestalon)
    (regarding tank "nerf" and number smoothing)

This actually pleases me a bit. One thing that always annoyed me was how raid bosses can 2 shot me if I'm on a none-tank job, but even if wearing I'm on Holy PLD or DPS spec PLD/WAR vs being on another job, it makes no difference how much god damn armor I've got on, I WILL floor it quick. If I'm healing I can't even react to it quick enough to keep someone alive.

I never liked how rapidly i get healed/take damage. I like this smoothing out thing.

Haven't played in months, so here's the thing : should I drop my DK and level a Warrior for Draenor ( any DPS spec )?

I value solo capabilities and enjoyable class mechanics - I don't need to steamroll others in PvP or top DPS charts in PvE.

The last thing I remember about warriors is Last Wind being some sort of great tool to solo stuff, but that's it.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Word on the street is that every melee class in WoD plays 'slow' as you wait for resources to replenish, be it rage, energy or runes. Warriors are particularly vocal here despite topping sim charts.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

I say this as a DK - I'd never take a DK over a Warrior.

Our raid utility is having a brez which is pretty much being transferred to some new raid pool system.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Tomino View Post
    Haven't played in months, so here's the thing : should I drop my DK and level a Warrior for Draenor ( any DPS spec )?

I value solo capabilities and enjoyable class mechanics - I don't need to steamroll others in PvP or top DPS charts in PvE.

The last thing I remember about warriors is Last Wind being some sort of great tool to solo stuff, but that's it.
    DK are forever better at solo capabilities. Warriors only advantage is it'll be high dps in pve and the flavor of the month class.

Mmo champion has a nice spreadsheet on what's soloable with dk, it is vastly superior to pretty much every other class.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

DK soloing is generally done in Blood spec, right? I generally play Frost but it might be worth it for me to learn Blood if it has really good solo capabilities.

Although I'm probably never going to be as good at handling solo encounters on anything but my Priest because I just know it the best.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Yeah, blood spec for the difficult and non face roll stuff.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I'll have to try it out sometime. I'm pretty bad at DK though, so I would still probably be better off on my Priest. But I should be trying new specs anyway. One of these days I should get back into healing as well.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Going to Timeless Isle and pulling like 20 elite mobs at a time as Blood is pretty fun i must say.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

It's pretty fun on Priest too, lol. I do a lot of solo stuff so I just got kind of used to using my solo heals and defensive CDs. Although there have been a few times when I've over-pulled and gotten blammied by Burning Sacrifice.

I don't really fight those guys anymore though since I got Shaohao to exalted.

DK are forever better at solo capabilities. Warriors only advantage is it'll be high dps in pve and the flavor of the month class.
    Yup, those evil DKs are the best. I'm just wondering how far behind warriors are.

I'm not looking to try and clear "difficult" solo encounters, but if warriors are still one of the most solo-unfriendly classes, that may be an issue.
    I rolled one during TBC and I remember it being so fustrating compared to Hunters / Locks / Paladins...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Broz Bastrum
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Well i done DS on frost DK at 94 on beta and with the scaling thing they have in place now everything pretty much just fell over...except spine but i think that's due to the scaling thing not being quite done yet, haven't tired any of the MoP stuff yet but might get around to try it at that level just for shits and giggles but i expect that at 100 even most of that stuff will be cake walk so just go with that you have most fun with imo.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

The lords of war videos are so hype

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

I got beta access in the latest wave, I've had to ban myself because I want to experience it in all it's glory with my partner. Anyways I did a bit of questing, I am so fucking hyped the story telling is incredible. Not entirely original objectives but the way the chapters are spread out the zone and all sorts of shit going on. I absolutely adore the voice overs in the questing as well. I just cannot wait to see the cutscenes.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Any word on what the conversion rate of Justice/Valor to gold is going to be come 6.0?

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post
    It's pretty fun on Priest too, lol. I do a lot of solo stuff so I just got kind of used to using my solo heals and defensive CDs. Although there have been a few times when I've over-pulled and gotten blammied by Burning Sacrifice.

I don't really fight those guys anymore though since I got Shaohao to exalted.
    blood dk's primary attack is a self heal + physical shield, and it has far more defensives than any non-tank, so it should be pretty comfortable really if you can get out of the kiting mindset