1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 16 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 7 hours, 36 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 9 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 0 hours, 36 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Chamaan View Post
    Man I might cancel and spend my shekels on FFXI for a month and just switch back when update is out. The shit thing about that is losing out on all those myth stones, but fuck mythstones is all there is for me right now since I'm a warrior (nobody wants warrior for Coil). Ugh. This game.
    Good thing WAR doesn't need much from Coil to be effective. Just Allagan pants and accessories. Everything else is myth-based and you're good it seems. Personally it's all I've been gearing for since getting that advice from Kirarax and the others in the WAR topic. I'm not even a good tank yet but fuck if it ain't ready for Coil now. XD

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

People writing off WAR are people you don't want to be raiding with regardless. Study up and run your own group if you have to, people pug 1-4 at this point, run some of those and keep in contact with people worth their salt if you don't have any friends or LS/FC mates available.

My main (WAR) is all done with myth purchases in a week, as tempting as it is to let my sub lapse I'm holding out til 2.1. By then my MNK will be decked in a ton of i90 too and I'll be able to work on my SCH in the new content. Right now I've taken to just helping randoms in Mor Dhona whenever I'm in the mood to play. I still have a ton of fun doing Chim/Hydra/Primals on all 3 roles and occasionally there will be shouts for the long forgotten 20-49 content which makes for a nice change of pace.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Nothing's wrong with warrior in coil but that doesn't mean people won't complain that you're not a pld.

And it's less me needing things from coil and more me having nothing to do on the job I prefer because coil's the only game in town once your myths are capped.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by SamanosukeShiva View Post
    nothing's wrong with war in coil, just have a few AF2 pieces and full DL and you can tank turn1-4 no prob.
    Same group and I honestly have no problems with our WAR's supposed fragile-ness issues.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Wow that is pretty dreadful, all that time for only a few new things.

Vuitton

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    New Raid: Crystal Tower: tomes and gear!
    New dungeon: Pharos Sirius: more tomes!
    New dungeon: hard modes: even more tomes!
    New Primal fight: Good King Moggle Mog XII: haha, tomes!
    New Primal fight: extreme modes: fuck we need more tomes?!
    Aesthetician: new hair and make-up
    Duty Roulette: drowning in tomes!
    Wolves' Den: PvP
    Beast Tribe Daily Quests: tomes?
    Treasure Hunts: choke on these tomes like you choke on your dad's cock

Funny that the only thing I'm really looking forward to is the housing because apparently they boast that they'll have hundreds of different pieces of furniture or whatever (and a place for the ten billion electrum ores etc being mined to go). Also its a shared instance with a couple other FCs so obviously you can have shout wars about who should get off whose lawns.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    There's actually a ton of smaller stuff being added. Those are only the big topics that stands out.

Anyways, in my eyes 2.1 is for the sole purpose of fully fleshing out what got cut from 2.0 (Crystal Tower, PvP, Good King Moggle Mog XII, Extreme Primals, all got cut), while giving us a few new things to nibble on for a while (Housing, Pharos Sirius, Aesthetician, Duty Finder updates, Dailies, Treasure Hunts), and fixing various quality of life issues (WAR & DRG updates, BRD nerf, HM Primal nerfs, bonuses for tanks being in Duty Finder, item sorting, UI fixes, bug fixes, etc).

It's a major update, but one that was for the most part the "original" portion of the game that's been souped up. 2.2 is where the real major updating will begin. More or less this is the update that will give non-1.0/legacy players the time/gear needed to be up to par with 1.0/legacy players (not that it matters anyways, just looking from a dev point-of-view). It's an update for casuals, not the hardcore.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Ah I see, doesn't seem so bad then. Just wish it was sooner.

Guys it's Draylo, no need to respond so seriously.

User was infracted for this post.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Why do you keep harassing me? Trying to up your post count?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

As far as I remember only the CT was "cut" from 2.0, everything else was always planned after launch. It really sucks that they're taking this long with 2.1 though, legacy players don't really have much to do at this point lol. I really hope updates come by faster after this but I kinda doubt it... they could at least release some balance patches for jobs/content though, that would help.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

More Square-Enix gold like All the Bravest and Airborne Brigade coming soon!

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    As far as I remember only the CT was "cut" from 2.0, everything else was always planned after launch. It really sucks that they're taking this long with 2.1 though, legacy players don't really have much to do at this point lol. I really hope updates come by faster after this but I kinda doubt it... they could at least release some balance patches for jobs/content though, that would help.
    Yeah is why I said "in my eyes." Most of the stuff that was announced had already existed in version 1.2+ (sans PvP, was in testing phase), which just leads me to the notion that they just cut it out from 2.0 to meet deadlines and then just turned around and announced it as additions to 2.1.

It's really a patience grind, but really only for the (super) hardcore types. I have a lot of friends, both legacy and not, that are still finding things to do outside of grinding myth to cap. Usually involves leveling stuff to 50 and/or stockpiling gil. I know that feel if you only like 1-2 jobs and have already scooped up a lot of gear from Coil though. I know that feel.

That was one of the most pointless articles I've ever read.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Persona Nongrata
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Chamaan View Post
    Man I might cancel and spend my shekels on FFXI for a month and just switch back when update is out. The shit thing about that is losing out on all those myth stones, but fuck mythstones is all there is for me right now since I'm a warrior (nobody wants warrior for Coil). Ugh. This game.
    Ya, thoes people are just stupid. We clear 1-5 with a Warrior OT. Just start your own or something.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Wish they'd push out content individually rather than big updates like we're getting. Playerbase would have been 100x happier if they'd have given us CT one month, extreme primals the next month, housing next month, etc etc. I get it's likely easier to work on it the way they're doing but I guarantee they'd have a much better sub retention. I don't think 2.1 is going to be enough for a lot of people, even if they come back for 2.2 they'll probably lose a bunch of people for 3 months.

^completely agree especially since CT supposed to be a content bridging ak/wp to Coil. They should've pumped it out since they said they needed just rebalance the difficulty and released it right away.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    Wish they'd push out content individually rather than big updates like we're getting. Playerbase would have been 100x happier if they'd have given us CT one month, extreme primals the next month, housing next month, etc etc. I get it's likely easier to work on it the way they're doing but I guarantee they'd have a much better sub retention. I don't think 2.1 is going to be enough for a lot of people, even if they come back for 2.2 they'll probably lose a bunch of people for 3 months.
    That was really how I hoped it would have happened. It looks like we're back to the XI style of updates, though, but XI at least had incremental little patches that adjusted this and that.