1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 33 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 26 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 11 hours, 33 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 22 hours, 26 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Deader2818 View Post
    People could, like, not do it?
    Or you know... SE could, like, not make shit content?

New Odin
    BG Level

i thought you quit the game

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    i thought you quit the game
    I paid for 90 days, I still play occasionally. Even if I had, doesn't make my point any less valid. Your post does however continue to reinforce that you're a shit poster.

New Odin
    BG Level

I still play occasionally
    lol why am i not surprised

less butthurt would do you good

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'm glad you're content with others spoon-feeding you shit in your life.

You should try to get some self-esteem, maybe not let that happen so much.

EDIT: Like, this is bad content, nobody can argue otherwise. You're defending bad content. That makes you a moron.

New Odin
    BG Level

oh snap dude you totally got me there

be sure to let us also know the next time you "quit" this game. totally doesn't make you look like a tool the moment you come crawling back for more

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's a temporary promotional event, who cares wether it's shit or not. Are you guys seriously arguing that it should be incredibly unique and exciting when it's only gonna play twice in the whole life of the game? Lol.
    We'll have unique monsters/FATEs coming up, this is the newbie quest.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

oh snap dude you totally got me there

be sure to let us also know the next time you "quit" this game. totally doesn't make you look like a tool the moment you come crawling back for more
    rofl Work the shaft and lick my balls while you're down there.

@Alkar: This is a topic in which we're discussing this new content. Most of us are in agreement that it's shit, and we weren't expecting it to be otherwise. However the problem arose when people start defending shit content with stuff like "Well you don't have to do it." or some equally retarded bullshit. I was simply pointing out how stupid that argument is, and then Hyan decided to start riding my dick.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Its like some twisted version of the BRP rule, instead fused into some white knighting nonsense. I don't even know what's going on anymore. I just wanted to kick Gertrude in the balls again.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kari Arisu
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    It's a temporary promotional event, who cares wether it's shit or not. Are you guys seriously arguing that it should be incredibly unique and exciting when it's only gonna play twice in the whole life of the game? Lol.
    We'll have unique monsters/FATEs coming up, this is the newbie quest.
    I don't see a reason for events to be dreadful to do. If these FATEs were actually optimized properly based on participant count, it might not be too terrible.

A lot of people saying "you knew it would be a shitty FATE", well, yes, and I've always thought it was a dumb idea, I don't see how it makes it any better now that it's still a fact.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I wouldn't expect future combat-related events to be any different tbh. If they were instanced fights they'd have to allocate "space" for it on the DF server. And lord knows they don't wanna do that ever. So we're probably stuck with clusterFATEs or at the very least quest mobs that anyone can hit (the purple aura of SHIT SPAWNS HERE nodes/areas).

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

theres really nothing wrong about chapter 1.
    right now its not really different from say the Moonfire Faire event.
    it is rather boring, but that doesn't really make it bad. i don't care much for a lv13 fate. it really shouldn't need much thinking, so if its a promotional event i don't mind if its an existing FATE.

however, based on the whole server rush thing, it is badly designed in the sense that they should well have expected that everyone on the server would rush these 2 FATEs… ClusterFATEs just suck and I hope they realise this by now.

I'd say they should have done 2 things..
    1 - if they had to use FATEs, either
    - spread it across multiple FATEs so that congestion is alleviated. its stupid cos with the way models are displayed, u can't see Lightning with the crowd anyway, OR
    - implement adequate gating mechanisms to stem the flow of the crowd. Having a quest with prerequisites other than flag quest > go to FATE would help this.. altho I'm sure people would bitch about it just as much (in XI they're overgating everything its pretty bad). Lv requisites might help, but since a majority of players have probably reached 50 by now it wouldn't be enough… (*this event is meant to be accessible to your casual player as well, so that wouldn't make sense)

2 - don't put it in FATEs lol.
    duty finder, some field battle, or whatever. something where the crowd can be controlled.
    I'd say one thing this game lacks is a reason for people to group in parties apart from FATEs at lower levels. but then again, a promo event isn't going to be relevant in the long run.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Persona Nongrata
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Ya, i hope they learn from this. I really do.

Not gonna this tell like December or even Feb 2014.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Only reason I can think of them implementing it this way is doing it as an instanced fight or duty finder would have caused too much congestion. Still hoping for the eventual change to FATEs where NPCs load first, then party members.....then everything else that doesn't matter.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    I'm glad you're content with others spoon-feeding you shit in your life.

You should try to get some self-esteem, maybe not let that happen so much.

EDIT: Like, this is bad content, nobody can argue otherwise. You're defending bad content. That makes you a moron.
    I don't play FFXIV, so I don't know whether the topic at hand is about good or awful content, but I do know that Hyan's constantly poking people with a stick, and that Kuishen is obviously getting irritated by it. People are going to have different opinions. Don't make it into a personal back-and-forth until you wind up getting an infraction, especially when this isn't worth it. Be constructive instead.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    I don't see a reason for events to be dreadful to do. If these FATEs were actually optimized properly based on participant count, it might not be too terrible.

A lot of people saying "you knew it would be a shitty FATE", well, yes, and I've always thought it was a dumb idea, I don't see how it makes it any better now that it's still a fact.
    But I don't get why this is "terrible". Ok, the whole server is there and it's hard to see anything (especially with idiots spamming AoEs all the time for god knows what reason) but I've managed to complete the whole thing very fast and walked away with 8 weapons. It's a lvl 12 event: switch to ARC, get Gold, move on. It's not an ideal situation but it's far from unplayable. We'll see how the other quests are like but this really wasn't such a dreadful experience for me (unless you're playing on PS3 that is).
    Higher level FATEs will likely be better although I still believe that stuff like Odin and Behemoth deserve an instanced version or they're simply wasted content and I'm sure Chaos Bahamut won't be any different at first.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    it's hard to see anything (especially with idiots spamming AoEs all the time for god knows what reason)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So much QQ about this holy crap. Only complaint I have is the highlight of the battle music starts right as the fate ends. I love it but don't get to hear the whole thing :c

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Unless there's a crucial reason [I can't think of any given the current limitations; no vanity slot] to do these events on day 1, I would just advise everyone to check it out on the 1st of December. By then most of the population should've done the event and the quest NPC/FATEs would be nothing but a wasteland. Halloween settled down after the 3rd or 4th day, although there were no FATEs. Moonfire was a cluster screw on the first few days but it only took a few days for the ashes (tokens) to drop to 1 gil and the FATEs becoming "usual FATE traffic (depending on zone)"

Are the Lightning FATEs doable within the time limit with very little people? That'll be the only concern I'll have for doing it late. If a HNM is involved then it could be tricky especially if it's gimmicky. But, apart from getting all the weapons (which could be done via the 2 current FATEs available), if more are released then it'll be pretty moot except to see Lightning/get EXP.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

They mentioned that the later FATEs are being prepared so that they can be completed with 4 people

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast