Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor (PC/PS4/XB1/PS3/360)

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today announced Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor , a next-generation, third-person action game set in Middle-earth that explores an original story of vengeance and redemption. Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor is in development for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 computer entertainment systems, Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, the Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC.

In Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, gamers take on the role of Talion, a valiant ranger whose family is slain in front of him the night Sauron and his army return to Mordor, moments before his own life is taken. Resurrected by a Spirit of vengeance and empowered with Wraith abilities, Talion ventures into Mordor and vows to destroy those who have wronged him. Through the course of his personal vendetta, Talion uncovers the truth of the Spirit that compels him, learns the origins of the Rings of Power and ultimately confronts his true nemesis.

“In Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, players will explore the dark and very personal theme of vengeance in a world where decisions have a consequence, and those consequences persist even after death,” said Samantha Ryan, Senior Vice President, Production and Development, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “The game introduces new gameplay mechanics to the action genre, creating opportunities for emergent and customized gameplay that will be rewarding for players.”

Every enemy that players face is a unique individual, differentiated by their personality, strengths and weaknesses. Through the Nemesis System, enemy relationships and characteristics are shaped by player actions and decisions to create personal archenemies that remember and adapt to the player and are distinct to every gameplay session. Gamers are able to craft their own battles, enemies and rewards within the dynamic world that remembers and adapts to their choices, delivering a unique experience to every player.

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor is under development by Monolith Productions. The team has collaborated with Middle-earth Enterprises, Peter Jackson and the artists at Weta Workshop to ensure that the settings, characters and story align authentically within canon.
    F.E.A.R. developer Monolith Productions and Warner Bros. Interactive are developing Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC. The game is this month’s Game Informer cover story.

Shadow of Mordor will offer a new chapter set between The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings. Players control a lone ranger named Talion as he journeys deep into Mordor in the days before it is transformed into hellscape.

“Monolith is exploring a fascinating next-gen approach to enemies, encounters, and storytelling, one in which every player shapes their own story through the choices they make,” Game Informer said in its online blurb. “The Nemesis System assures that every enemy you fight is a named foe, and if they survive their battle with you, they continue to grow, improve, and act in the world, even as you attempt to do the same with Talion.”

Game Informer’s cover story details the game’s combat, leveling, story, setting, and more.
    http://gematsu.com/2013/11/middle-ea...rdor-announced
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...dor-67498.aspx

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Hmm. Interesting. Might be fairly cool.

I liked the Two Towers and ROTK 3rd person game that came out back in the days. I think EA made those or something but I loved playing COOP on that with friends.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    I liked the Two Towers and ROTK 3rd person game that came out back in the days. I think EA made those or something but I loved playing COOP on that with friends.
    Agreed, I haven't played the latest installments of LotR games but those were loads of fun. Even Third Age was decent.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I loved the Third Age personally.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

idk mang, all the talk of the unique battles with the boss characters based on previous meetings make it sound like the previous meetings are at least somewhat scripted.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Yeah I don't think the nemesis system will live up to what they're making it out to be. Game looks awesome though, I am totally down for Assassin's Creed: Middle Earth. Hopefully they can fix the awful FPS without butchering the number of dudes on screen, because that video looked damn near unplayable at points.

If the gameplay is fun and there are unique twists, like the controlling thing showcased (although I suspect that getting old quick), then fk it just might be worth the money. Otherwise, only other selling point is Assassin's Creed: Middle Earth like Kiarax mentioned. Other than that, I don't see any other selling point.

Although It probably has a lot of replay value, maybe?

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

This game looks jawsome.

tbh I was hoping it be more big battle slasher like the previous ones

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Very interested, I'll have to keep up with vids and information on this one. Hopefully I'll have a PS4 by the time its released.

Shit looks awesome, hopefully it turns out good.

Also lolz @ the Assassin's Creed twitter shit.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

this looks fascinating. i wonder how they'll reconcile the wraith aspect; generally wraithes are bad, or slaves to even worse.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Worried about how scripted it will be, apart from that, looks epic

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    Shit looks awesome, hopefully it turns out good.

Also lolz @ the Assassin's Creed twitter shit.
    He's seen a few shops in his day.

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    He's seen a few shops in his day.
    To be fair, it does look like the AC2 engine, assets wise at least. The combat system looks more like AA. Or maybe I just never noticed how similar batman and AC were.

That video really bummed me out. I don't want another AC with Batman combat. Also, looking at it story wise where is this shit gonna go? You're not gonna kill Sauron and lets face it, how much variety Mordor can have? LOTR is pretty much orcs, uruks, some goblins, maybe some trolls. Seems to me like it will be very repetitive with mobs and landscape.
    Wish they would've just maybe taken Sillmirion and had you fight Morgoth, dragons, balrogs, and other stuff

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I don't mind the game play mechanics being borrowed from other games as long as it is fun to play. Any excuse to re-visit the universe in any format is nice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast