1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 9 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 14 hours, 55 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 2 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 7 hours, 55 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 131 of 380 FirstFirst ... 81 121 129 130 131 132 133 141 181 ... LastLast
    Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

fights with instagib mechanics for playing too well are p fucking dumb

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

The problem with Ifrit EX's HP threshold is that in our experience we have to make TANKS stop hitting it too, which makes tank swaps fucking annoying especially with Warriors (doubly so if they don't have Flash set for this). Like it's one of the only fights I go full VIT for because there's no point in pushing it marginally faster from being in Ruby or STR when I need to just afk for a few minutes anyways.

When you have prevented the tanks from hitting the boss because doing so will wipe the party, you have done something wrong design-wise.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I don't know... I still think there are much better examples. You know that Ifrit is going to jump at 10%, so you'd better make sure that all nails are dead by then. It's like, if you're dying because you are taking too much incoming damage from exploding nails, that isn't really a DPS check screwup. It's taking too much damage too fast.

Like I said, if you can force him to jump literally before the nail spawn sequence starts, then I'm 100% with you. But if you can't, then pushing him fast just means you are not really following the mechanics, one of which is "kill all spawned nails before Ifrit drops to 10% life."

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Ifrit has to do a certain number of moves (including plumes everywhere, and Crimson Cyclone) before nail spawn can be triggered, iirc. Much like the Haukke Manor HM boss has to do a "move" to spawn adds (which it may then eat instantly), or how Titan EX can't jump in the middle of gaol>sumo>landslide.

Not quite the same thing, but I've seen multiple tanks cause Mog HM to Memento Mori before the DPS could get enough Mogsguard down to keep it from being a wipe. Done it myself at ~i100 WAR with full tank gear, and without using damage cooldowns.

Either your DPS were absolutely fucking atrocious or they were attacking the king.

I run into the latter fairly regularly.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Re: Mog HM
    I did that a few times, and I looked at the parse - it really was just tank damage that pushed the king.

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Ifrit has to do a certain number of moves (including plumes everywhere, and Crimson Cyclone) before nail spawn can be triggered, iirc. Much like the Haukke Manor HM boss has to do a "move" to spawn adds (which it may then eat instantly), or how Titan EX can't jump in the middle of gaol>sumo>landslide.
    There are a few really fun push cases in Titan. My favorite one is when he has Mountain Buster in queue, but jumps up to begin heart phase. So then heart pops and.... bam mountain buster.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...-being-extinct

"SE have any plans to keep White mages from being extinct?"

I am not saying that the odd group will not have a white mage for the flavor but the way things are going both white mages and summoners will be in the same boat coming into the expansion. Why have a inferior white mage partnered up with a scholar when the new healer is looking to carry strong heals and add utility to complement the scholar and the absorb/mitigation mechanics it brings.

Yes I understand that people feel white mage is fine (when it isnt) paired up with a scholar but the only saving grace is because a white mage beats out double scholar from lack of shield stacking but that is the only reason a white mage is of any use. A scholar can prep for massive incoming damage with a properly time succor and rouse/whisper succor with sacred soil which beats out medica I II right now. Seeing a new healer is coming out will more then likely to be the death blow to white mages.

SE have any plans to give utility or some absorbs to the white mage?

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

They're definitely being over dramatic but they do kind of have a point. With a third healer and tank coming out we're most likely gonna see an optimal comp in both cases. Bads have a tendency to shun anything but the easiest/safest/best shit, I doubt it will be as prevalent as it would be with DPS, but you'll definitely see some groups trying to avoid grabbing WHM or DRK or whatever turns out to be the weakest of the three. That said, talking about that shit before we even know what Astro does or what new skills WHM/SCH are getting is real fucking silly. SE definitely do need to be careful with their balance now though.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Dammerung View Post
    Re: Mog HM
    I did that a few times, and I looked at the parse - it really was just tank damage that pushed the king.
    Yeah, when I used to get Mog HM in trial on my WAR alt I would have to tell the other tank that they need to tank King because I'm gonna push it by myself (pre-2.4; DPS were atrocious in general).

Quote Originally Posted by Dammerung View Post
    There are a few really fun push cases in Titan. My favorite one is when he has Mountain Buster in queue, but jumps up to begin heart phase. So then heart pops and.... bam mountain buster.
    Only interesting one we've seen so far is like, 2/3rds bombs spawn, does MB, jumps while bombs are still up. Everyone is confused as fuck and dies.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Niamh Rillemaugh
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...Y-XIV-For-Free

Links to a change.org petition:
    Because people play with too many lag. It's impossible to play. I'm a player from Chile. Everytime square enix start a free trial game dutys become to slow and with many lag.

Finally, im requesting to square enix team from final fantasy xiv mmo online game NO MORE FREE TRIAL For Free.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Topic is fail but comments are fine. Not even a troll is in that thread. So sad topics like that have such promise.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Niamh Rillemaugh
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie

Yeah, was hoping it would get better. I should have just put a screencap of the petition in the other fail thread.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    They're definitely being over dramatic but they do kind of have a point. With a third healer and tank coming out we're most likely gonna see an optimal comp in both cases. Bads have a tendency to shun anything but the easiest/safest/best shit, I doubt it will be as prevalent as it would be with DPS, but you'll definitely see some groups trying to avoid grabbing WHM or DRK or whatever turns out to be the weakest of the three. That said, talking about that shit before we even know what Astro does or what new skills WHM/SCH are getting is real fucking silly. SE definitely do need to be careful with their balance now though.
    well yeah it really depends on the stuff astro gets. but atm its hard to replace a whm on anything remotly hard that needs burst healing (which is almost everything in FcoB) so i dont see the current or future point in this. SCH only overruns whm when people are overgeared for the content (includieng the sch itself) which imho doesnt count in my eyes.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...eons-and-Raids

The title says it all do you guys think that Cleric Stance should be disabled during dungeons and raids similar to frontlines.
    Personally, if they ever do this, I want them to make tanks do 0 DPS and just provoke every 15 seconds for 10 minutes.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

That thread delivers.

So does the colorblind one.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbyprime View Post
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...eons-and-Raids

Personally, if they ever do this, I want them to make tanks do 0 DPS and just provoke every 15 seconds for 10 minutes.
    http://www.myfacewhen.net/uploads/23...read-again.jpg

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...4791586&type=1

Their initial confusion came from not being able to shove a 6th secondary (parry) into their DRG relic. People call them out on the fucky stats, and the comments instantly devolve into "ITS JUST A GAEM PLEY HOW U WENT" type shit.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I think it pretty much devolved into "lolNub slotting ACC into relic" and "BiS > All because RNG doesn't exist"

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Only a sith deals in absolutes.

Put acc on it if you fucking want to. Just don't be a retarded gimp and put parry on anything.