1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 38 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 21 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 10 hours, 38 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -1 hours, -39 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 154 of 380 FirstFirst ... 104 144 152 153 154 155 156 164 204 ... LastLast
    Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Okay humor me. HOw bad is the XIV reddit community? Are we talking OF-tier cringe?
    Half the threads are "My [fake] GF made a picture of my manthra!" I still check it fairly regularly because it's 100x better than the OF and, while I love BG, good info is embedded in threads with dozens of pages; on Reddit you can read the thread title and have a pretty good idea of whether it's moar fake GF manthras or something actually of note.

PS: Karma systems are terrible. Alla was terrible. Reddit can be terrible because people just whore stupid shit for upvotes. Non-karma systems can be dominated by trolls. TLDR: Internet is evil.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Okay humor me. HOw bad is the XIV reddit community? Are we talking OF-tier cringe?
    The problem isn't necessarily that it's bad, it's the hivemind mentality. Depending on the day and who cares to read at that time of day, legit helpful/informative advice gets labeled as elitist and downvoted. There's a lot of clutter posts, casuals / bads bitch at anything "elitists" say depending on what day it is, etc.

Bokchoy pretty much summed up my feelings on the subreddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/commen...vvnh?context=3

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

INTERNET FIGHT

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

I personally don't care about the trial (figured it was at least worth a try) and am against permanent implementation (I've voiced this in the mod discussion) but holy shit people take their internet points super serious.

the best way to get upvotes on that subreddit is to post about how supposed turdmachine players ruined whatever duty the OP was in and it always ends in an uplifting speech of respecting your fellow man

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    The problem isn't necessarily that it's bad, it's the hivemind mentality. Depending on the day and who cares to read at that time of day, legit helpful/informative advice gets labeled as elitist and downvoted. There's a lot of clutter posts, casuals / bads bitch at anything "elitists" say depending on what day it is, etc.

Bokchoy pretty much summed up my feelings on the subreddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/commen...vvnh?context=3
    Ah, hiveminded people. Guess that makes sense. I really should learn to navigate that site better. I lost my edge in GW2 and need some good resources.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

It's something to jump in and out of. Occasionally good information hits there first. Great place to ask an idiot-level (random) question. Decent place to help new and struggling players.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

/clap

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Someone spoils it in the first couple of replies, thread goes on for 3 more pages. OF in a nutshell.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I'm not even really trolling (that much), beyond "the joke". But responding seriously would spoil the fun.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I was more surprised that you wasted your time posting there, than the clever usage of the word.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
    I was more surprised that you wasted your time posting there, than the clever usage of the word.
    The real OF fail.

I dunno, when Reddit is slow the mind wanders.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

FFXIV Reddit is about as shitty as the OF but only with more blog posts about how they can't beat steps of faith or whatever the newest trail is. You get your occasional useful post but they are like 1 in 200 maybe.

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Reddit is great for new info and newsposts. Since there's not much of either right now, it's nothing but inane babble.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    FFXIV Reddit is about as shitty as the OF but only with more blog posts about how they can't beat steps of faith or whatever the newest trail is. You get your occasional useful post but they are like 1 in 200 maybe.
    Not to mention far less hate for FFXI on reddit in comparison because not everyone gets butthurt in an instant if you so much as dare compare XIV to another FF game, let alone SE only other FF MMO.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So would that be less XI hate than BG?

For a forum that originated with XI, the amount of XI haters that come out of the woodwork here is bizarre.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Everytime I bring it up in-game, people don't seem to like what I have to say. I think it's mostly because people's experience weren't all that rosey, and wanna forget that shit.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I have a "/em examines you." macro lol.

Occasionally I run it with "/em begins to browse the merchandise in your bazaar" followed by a pause and then "/em leaves your bazaar." Excellent in CT/ST/WoD. All the FFXI memories come flooding back.

(or nightmares)

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor