1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 46 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 13 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 11 hours, 46 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 22 hours, 13 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 94 of 380 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 144 ... LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level

The OF Digest:

speedruns are broken
    atmas are broken
    hunts are broken
    glamours are broken
    coil lockout is broken
    high dps is broken
    morale is broken
    wolves den is broken
    frontline is broken
    teleports are broken
    parsers are broken
    the community is broken
    encounters are biased for ranged
    no wait encounters are biased for melee
    nevermind encounters are biased for ranged

everyone at SE should be fired

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by Shaano View Post
    Isn't t9 push the ever living fuck out of dps so you don't get a second dragon?
    It depends on your group, which is my whole point. You have to change your strat and handle each situation differently. Some groups need the 2nd dragon and some groups can push through it. You don't want to run into a situation where you get the Dragon + phase push at the same time, and understanding when the transition happens and your groups DPS is important to controlling the transition.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    And if you didn't obtain all that gear you just spent months doing Coil for your DPS wouldn't be at the point where you need to hold DPS. So just what is that gear for? And why are you bothering to get it if it's just forcing you to stop DPS and remove any benefit in increased DPS it might have given? The whole system is broken.
    Gear is nothing more then vanity, survivability, and kill speed. Now you're going to say, "BUT I HAVE TO WAIT 5-10 SECONDS TO ATTACK NOW, THE KILL SPEED NO CHANGE?!?!?". You're right that moment in the fight is the same as before because you have to wait, but later phases are quicker because of the DPS change reducing your kill speed.

Groups playing like robots and having a complete breakdown when something changes are complete failures at understanding the encounter. It's complete bull shit to think you can just walk into a boss fight and do what ever you please to get your FREE LOOT for the week. You beat a fight consistently when you understand everything about the encounter. Groups that often wipe for an hour + on T7 ( or other turns) even though they have beaten it multiple times clearly do not understand the fight. They are just following a script presented to them by another group through a video / guide.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    And why are you bothering to get it if it's just forcing you to stop DPS and remove any benefit in increased DPS it might have given?
    why do I eat if im just going to poop

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Kaixin View Post
    why do I eat if im just going to poop
    i struggle with this every day

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Anthonystar View Post
    Gear is nothing more then vanity, survivability, and kill speed.
    Um... that's the whole game in a nutshell. So gear = everything basically? Thank you for the observation? Skill is in there somewhere but most don't really give a shit about getting better at the game. They just care about getting the gear. For evidence see the casual hunt bullshit.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Jorildyn View Post
    Um... that's the whole game in a nutshell. So gear = everything basically? Thank you for the observation? Skill is in there somewhere but most don't really give a shit about getting better at the game. They just care about getting the gear. For evidence see the casual hunt bullshit.
    He's saying just by equipping i110 doesn't mean you auto-win coil. Understanding is more important. Better gear allows more room for error (survivability--ie double melusine fireball), faster times (kill speed), and swag status (vanity). This is the counter-argument against the idea that better gear should make coil easier always (like surviving death sentence without hitting a cooldown).

A raid group who understands the fights will adapt to changes in fight rhythm before it ever gets to the point of requiring a moaning post on the OF claiming some system or other is broken. They will be proud that they have broken through to the next level of DPS and see changing mechanics as an achievement. Yes, they may have to pause to push Ramuh after Chaotic. Or they have to have the tank overcharge so tethers can get orbs. But they do just that, and on the flip side, get to burn through 65%-0%.

A player who lacks understanding will bitch about how last week wasn't the same as this week. He will wipe over and over until he gives up and goes back to what worked last week. He will see changing mechanics as a punishment.

So no, gear does not equal everything basically.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Jorildyn View Post
    Gear is far from everything, you're completely under valuing mechanical skill, encounter observation, and communication.

Edit: Gdi beaten

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

The problem with eating spicy food.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...tent-on-the-DF

tl;dr Special Olympics please, even if I lose I should still win.

Many of the older endgame encounters on DF (Extremes, Turn5) are arguably too difficult for successful completion even with the full echo buff. A majority of DF parties I've been in have not succeeded even when making earnest attempts till the time has run out. The game, as a DF player, flirts a bit too much with being "not worth it" the way it is now.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I am not undervaluing it. I was providing a glimpse into the mentality of the vast majority of players who in fact do believe those things. Skill trumps all obviously. However few subscribe to that and it's unfortunate.
    My statement was facetious in that it highlighted only the first part of your argument and purposely ignored the rest. It's the OF fail thread! Just trying to play the part on a boring day at work... ;p

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Kaixin View Post
    The OF Digest:

speedruns are broken
    atmas are broken
    hunts are broken
    glamours are broken
    coil lockout is broken
    high dps is broken
    morale is broken
    not having morale is broken
    wolves den is broken
    frontline is broken
    teleports are broken
    parsers are broken
    the community is broken
    encounters are biased for ranged
    no wait encounters are biased for melee
    nevermind encounters are biased for ranged

everyone at SE should be fired
    you forgot one

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post2310334

Explained and diggested for them, an still a big bunch of the replies are still like this:

If I can somewhat consistently fail something with a 70% chance of success 8 times in a row, essentially meaning the 30% of failure won out, shouldn't it be possible that I successfully do something with a 30% success chance 8 times in a row? As anyone who plays this game will tell, that will never happen... ever. The game seems to favor failure regardless of your chances of success. There are so many occasions throughout my mining in this game since launch that a 95% success chance has yielded 3/4, 4/5, and 5/6 fails. They're always in batches, be it in a row or over a larger pool of attempts. This isn't even including the rather consistent occurrences of 1/4 failures on nearly every node with a 90% or higher success chance. Why is it common and predictable that I fail a 45% success chance to meld 8+ times in a row, meaning the remaining 55% won out all those times, yet I will almost never successfully gather something with 55% success rate as a common and predictable outcome?

I know statistics have some difficult concepts to grasp, but, damn. Why bother, Minagawa? I appreciate the effort, but ultimately, people just want to rant (like I'm doing right now, about them).

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...der-chocobo%29

play from day 1 beta of 1.0. quit game after read this. not fun.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

lmao that reply was priceless. It's MY loot and I want it NOW!

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

YOU GUYS ARE RUINING MY IMMERSION. STAHP ET! ONLY COUPLES SHOULD BE ABLE TO RIDE CHOCOBOS TOGETHER.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Someone on gw posted there was a thread titled "Will-Yoshi-P-sign-my-boobs-at-fanfest" but the first reply was already "boy that got taken down fast"

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Yeah I saw it+posted it when it had like 4 replies and it was already gone.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

That's kinda funny