1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 6 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 53 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 12 hours, 6 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 21 hours, 53 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 159 of 380 FirstFirst ... 109 149 157 158 159 160 161 169 209 ... LastLast
    Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    + super NPCs fighting alongside you
    Probably the only way Merlwyb can be redeemed to me.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rozaria Eleanor
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

you DPS tanks are barbarians just letting you know..!

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post3008959

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    you DPS tanks are barbarians just letting you know..!

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post3008959

^This stupidity starts here: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post3005962
    While we're on the subject of people who are bad at their role: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post2988591

>Acknowledge getting any more Parry beyond the baseline/whatever is offered on BiS non-turtling gear is a waste compared to the loss of CHR/DET.
    >Proceeds to argue for and defend his decision to be a shitty tank that piles on Parry on the supposition that this one thing will happen.

Just in case it gets edited/deleted:
    Spoiler: show

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    the loss of CHR/DET
    Word, need that CHR for voke potency, yo.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Word, need that CHR for voke potency, yo.
    Ha.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Reminds me of Snowcloak the other day. TWO new guys, both DPS. ilvl70 and 80 weapon BLM and NIN respectively.

Tank pulls up to cave before wolves. We miserably kill the 5 mobs slowly.

I politely request we pull in small batches, given our composition and ilvl, and that it will allow me to push it faster probably if I can apply my SCH DPS.

At first, he was massively protesting at why a healer would DPS (the horror!). After I told him to use his head and look at us, he pulled again saying it'll be quicker if he pulls everything. He then at this point released it was slow, miserably slow. I then also convinced him that he doesn't need his 11000 amazing WAR HP and made him put STR gear on. The rest of the dungeon went smooth as nuts thanks to smaller pulls, his increased DPS, and my DoT/Blizzard 2 spam.

---

When I get my DRK, I'm tanking in that thing whatever that's not the tanking stance, cause, screw you, I'm good.

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

lol i was just bitching about DPS tanking the other day in BG ls on Hyperion

Got kicked from T10 party because I was wearing full right side STR on PLD, this was before we even started

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

haha, what a shame, but according to the fail thread, your server gets upset very quickly over little things! (and are a bunch of pussies)

Oh, I wish to rephrase my statement above about the DRK thing.

When I get my hands on it, I'm tanking in piety accesories, cause, screw you!

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    haha, what a shame, but according to the fail thread, your server gets upset very quickly over little things! (and are a bunch of pussies)

Oh, I wish to rephrase my statement above about the DRK thing.

When I get my hands on it, I'm tanking in piety accesories, cause, screw you!
    Yeah, seems Hyperion needs a constant supply of Prep.H and Balmung needs to get an injection of getgud so people can actually clear content on that server. >.>;

Funny thing about your statement though, given DRK being MP based with no piety on its gear..I wouldn't blame you if you did show up like that lol.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

There is a bg ls on hyperion?!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Drai Draken
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Purrrfect View Post
    Yeah, pretty much from day one of the games release, was a thread when the game came out of who was on each server, i'll look you up tonight if you don't get an invite before then.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Purrrfect View Post
    Moved?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Taruto Shippuden
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Moved?
    It's an LS, not the FC.

The non-affiliated raiding one is still on excal, and the casual one associated with the forums is on gilga.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

My bad, meant the poster. Thought they were on another server.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/commen...s_tips_for_hw/
    You have been spoiled heavily by the latter phase of 2.x content, being overgeared enough to be able to spam a few buttons and win. That is not going to be the case soon. Here are some tips to reintroduce you to playing your role effectively.

1. The DPS role is to be doing as much damage as possible without drawing threat and without taking unnecessary damage. Reading this over and over will dramatically improve your play by subconsciously reinforcing good habits.
    2. AoE is only optimal when there are a lot of low HP enemies gathered in a single place that pose a greater threat alive than dead. Think the Morbol Fruits spawned in AV (yeah that was a long time ago but is still a good example). Any other situation it's better to focus fire and use a single target rotation. Yes, you can get more potency out of AoE spam when there's 3 or more targets, but all you parse addicts need to learn about something very important - Time to Kill, which is the next tip.
    3. AoE spam does more damage overall with 3 or more targets, but does NOT do a lot of damage to any individual target. This does NOT speed up the fight at appropriate ilevel and you only get away with it in this phase of ARR because you're overgeared. Furthermore, going back to the initial definition, your goal is to not gain threat. AoE spam forces the tank to do the same, which makes their damage less optimal as well, and then dumps all the pressure on the healer, who has to use more MP keeping the Tank alive that could have been used to do an Aero/Stone rotation in Clerics.
    4. Attack called targets and don't be one of those "if I tab to it before you have a number up I'm not gonna stop attacking" morons. Some Tanks will have to relearn how to mark targets, but if they don't do your whole group a favor and make sure this happens. Let the Tank know that focus fire is a better way than Overpower spam squeaking miserable damage out instead of the Storm's Eye/Butcher's Block/IB rotation with Berserk and Internal Release.
    5. If you do draw threat, run to the Tank. I'm a Warrior main and if I see any DPS running in circles to "escape" a mob they aggro'd I'm going to /sit and /laugh. I will not attempt to grab aggro from you because all you have to do is run to me and I'll grab the mob. Then again, if you grabbed the threat I might just let you keep it because you a) didn't attack the called target b) spammed AoE suboptimally and I didn't feel like carrying you or c) I was having lag or some other very rare circumstance distracting me.
    I've seen some shit.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    What I got out of that

"If you pull aggro off me, because apparently im fucking awful at tanking, I'm going to let you die because you're doing aoe damage and flash is too hard for me to hit"

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

They tore him apart so bad he deleted his account lol

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Reading his replies to the comments are equally as hilarious.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

"Mind blown. Used OPs own example and proved AOE would be better on even just 2 mobs. Get rekt math"

"at least he chose to aoe delete his account instead of single target delete the comments."
    L OOOOOOOO L

I've read through this multiple times, and every time i glance through it, i find another gem. Arguably one of the best threads to date

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I fucking hate that tank mentality of "if you pull aggro off me, well, fuck you then"

The point is to get it back and continue to do your job.

The only exception I'll make to the above rule is if there's a massive ilvl discrepancy between the 2; however in such instance the tank shouldn't complain and tank what he can tank while the DPS or healer tanks the mob. In fact, the tank should feel good knowing they're going to get through the dungeon/trial fast because there's a bunch of well geared players taking it down for you, rather than being a bitch and whining about "but i can't play the game"

A bit like that guy who was streaming, got into the Cape Westwind trial, found that a BLM has somehow hacked out of the circular shield/field at the beginning and was slamming the boss from the air with fireballs, and then before realising what is going on making a comment "well if I'm not main tank I'm not playing" or something along the lines of that, before freaking out over the cheat.