1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 34 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 25 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 15 hours, 34 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 18 hours, 25 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 138 of 380 FirstFirst ... 88 128 136 137 138 139 140 148 188 ... LastLast
    Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Korialstrasz View Post
    I've always seen need as being there for if you plan on actually wearing the item or if it's an item everyone can roll need on (mounts, pets, crafting mats), while greed is there if you want it for some kind of monetary gain (gil or otherwise), or for off classes and as such can't roll need. If we're going with "I need it for seals. I need it for desynth. I need it for gil.", then wtf is greed supposed to be for? It may as well just be labeled "pass #2" since you're all but guaranteed to never have a shot at at item. Saying "come as the job you want it for" is all fine and good if you do legitimately need the item. Otherwise, needing for the sake of needing just deprives everyone else of a fair chance at also getting seals, desynth items, gil etc

It's one of the rare occasions I can sort of agree with the OF. The whole "need is the new greed" thing is kind of annoying, and it's pretty quickly become accepted by the community if any of the content I've run in the past few months is anything to go by.
    All I see greed for is.. the chance everyone else can roll on it, if they already have it. Note items are unique, so you can only carry one of X item! If no one says anything i just need everything as fast as possible >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    The point is OF is always asking to nerf things nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf
    I think the point is that with such small raid content, SE has to slow progression as much as possible. Since gear checks didn't work, then it has to be done with mechanics. Sure they'll fail to hold the likes of Lucrezia, but for average Joe those 30 mins of running first phases is just enough to push raid day to another day.

Having "later wipe conditions" right at the start would be too effective to train you, since you're no longer wasting time doing earlier mechanics. I think the likes of Ifrit and Bahamut (ignoring the Divebombs choke point) are a good balance. Mechanics are the same, just harder.

forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/220548-Seriously-SE

Some are taking the Fry meme too seriously.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Greed is there to roll on stuff in case the Need class doesn't need it. If I'm running with someone and they could genuinely use the gear, I won't roll but I don't expect everyone to be the same.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

with directions been very clear at this point, even if you dont use it etc etc, you can desynth and get seals out of it 3=6 months down the road

thats why every mofo rolls on everything now

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I feel so sad for this game. It started with so much promise, yes V1.0 was crap but by 1.23 the game had a lot of promise. The End of an Era trailer was the highlight of gaming for me that year, I remember thinking to myself wow this game only has to be as good as the trailer, the emotions felt were fantastic. Then I saw 2.0 and I was like ok they changed a few things to make this run better. The instant gratification the world not meaning anything, Gil having no purpose, stand in town instant port to event /joy, the weekly lockout, not being able to assist friends once you ran Coil, I just couldn't take it anymore. Not to mention the community is horrible for the most part. Part of me wants to see the next stage of the story but part of me is just so disappointed that I am not sure I can bring myself to reactivate my account.

Black Belt
    BG Level

If we're going with "I need it for seals. I need it for desynth. I need it for gil.", then wtf is greed supposed to be for?
    for when the person that can Need already has it, for when it drops a DRG piece when the party has no DRGs.

needing for the sake of needing just deprives everyone else of a fair chance at also getting seals, desynth items, gil etc
    RNG makes that a fair chance.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eeek Sohno
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia View Post
    Greed is there to roll on stuff in case the Need class doesn't need it. If I'm running with someone and they could genuinely use the gear, I won't roll but I don't expect everyone to be the same.
    This is what I do in Low Level Roulette. I pass everything so that the potentially useful leveling gear might go to a newbie or someone leveling an alt class.

But I have no sympathy for the OP of the thread in question [ http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/220702-Community-The-Most-Likely-Cause-of-the-Game-s-Downfall ].

It's hyperbolic, manipulative drivel penned by some greedy, daft twat. It's a shallow attempt to guilt-trip people from lotting on drops they're entitled to lot. OP is outright delusional to believe that 1) HM Primal weapons are actually viable in 2015, and 2) that it's fair to casually dismiss wholly legitimate uses for these drops as desynth fodder, sources of GC seals, or glamour.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

anything under level 50 i pass while doing books, anything above 50 need/greed all the things.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

SE, I demand you remove shark fin soup! Shark finning is WRONG!

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...Shark-Fin-Soup

So wrong, in fact, that two threads needed to be made about it.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...hark-Fin-Soup?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

holy shit lol shark fins is sirius bizness

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

SE, I demand you remove shark fin soup! Shark finning is WRONG!

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...Shark-Fin-Soup

So wrong, in fact, that two threads needed to be made about it.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...hark-Fin-Soup?
    And those of you slaughtering ladybugs and marmots for fun? I can just wait for the Wood Wailers to catch up with you - the game goes into this theme in quite a degree of detail (and especially did so in v1.0)
    lol'd

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ele D'troy
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

OP doesn't want to know how many sharks have died for my X-Pots.

NPCs auto-slaughter ladybugs and marmots and shit outside the N. shroud zone line all day.

Hypocrites.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...playing-Archer.

(ilvl 100) After playing as an Archer for the past couple of days, I'm not really sure why Jobbing into Bard is the standard.

I get it. I'm not being the best "team member" by not bringing the bonuses that come with the songs. But, in most content now, people are overgeared and I never need to sing one. So what's the point?

Ok, ok, there's the +20 atk pwr. But thats worth like 10-15 points per heavy shot (tested on dummy). And I actually average out a bit better when keeping Fracture up. Also, Internal Release helps burst average higher when AOEing groups.

200hp? 300mp? I didn't miss them.

Furthermore, since doing this, Ive:
    - Swiftcasted a Stoneskin to save a wipe on a mini-boss.
    - Bloodbathed myself to health when pulling aggro during an AOE spamm. No healer required.
    - Provoked the coincounter off a healer (and kite tanked, saved a wipe) when the real tank didnt dodge.

Dont get me wrong. I love the bard. Love it, and use it effectively. But archer seems so much more useful for all that daily/weekly/roulette stuff.

Jus sayin.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

In that same thread...

DEFIANCE DOESN'T REDUCE DAMAGE TAKEN GAHHHHHH.....

On the plus side, he's got a minor point. Yoshi should give us a bit more flexibility on cross class buttons as jobs.

SMNs get shafted in that regards. Besides Swiftcast, Raging Strikes and Blizzard 2 (I think it's more DPS if there's 5+ targets? Something like that), everything else is all irrelevant.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Taruto Shippuden
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    In that same thread...

DEFIANCE DOESN'T REDUCE DAMAGE TAKEN GAHHHHHH.....

On the plus side, he's got a minor point. Yoshi should give us a bit more flexibility on cross class buttons as jobs.

SMNs get shafted in that regards. Besides Swiftcast, Raging Strikes and Blizzard 2 (I think it's more DPS if there's 5+ targets? Something like that), everything else is all irrelevant.
    blizz2 is always a dps increase for SMN on 2+ mobs (100 potency to 80 potency).

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

In all honesty, that is one relic I really miss from V1. Granted I think it gave TOO much freedom (Such as being able to use another classes entire Weaponskill set), but it was nice to have the freedom to mix and match abilities/traits.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

you can play watever u want for coincoUnter....

just dont provoke a revelation on an archer prz

Why not? Just P.Dodge that shit son.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I really need to unsub from the XIV group on facebook. Constantly see garbage posted but this caught my eye and was a good laugh.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/8401...2729705416586/