+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Everyone starts the game at Rank 1. There are 4 class choices. Cleric, Archer, Wizard and Swordsman. Every Rank consists of 15 job levels. Upon hitting job level 15 you "Rank up" and receives a quest to change jobs. Every rank up consists of new choices, or the option to advance the current class. This is where circles come in to play.

Classes have a max of 3 circles. When you go into the 2nd and 3rd circle, in addition to unlocking a new skill or 2, you also raise the skill caps of all the previous circle skills from 5 to 10 (or 10 to 15). So a 3rd circle priest will have a skill cap of 15 on Aspersion, Monstrance, Blessing, Resurrection, 10 on Sacrament, Revive, and 5 of course on the 3rd Circle Priest skill Exorcise.

Here is an example :

I 'll just start with this pic

http://i.imgur.com/EdaUPNs.png

from a screenshot taken from this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVmbXYvmnX8

If you didn't understand my screenshot, there's some korean terminology you want to understand first.

Korean - Romanized - Translated
    서클 - seokeul - circle
    랭크 - laengkeu - rank

Now if you look at the screenshot, you can see DAMAB's first 3 Rank decisions. Cleric -> Priest -> 2nd Circle Priest. The new choices are 3rd Circle Priest OR Sadhu(new) or Paladin(new).

For reference, you can check out the official character builder here

http://info.tos.nexon.com/character/...px?page=rankup

or the excellent one at tosbase here

http://www.tosbase.com/tools/class-builder/

A few minutes playing with either of these builders should help illustrate the rankings in a way that reading my boring post might not.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

yeah that TOSbase class builder helped immensely, I didnt realize there was 6 different ranks of classes. So what exactly happens when you hit rank 6 and job 15? Are you forced again to start from a new class? or do you just keep gaining experience in that class and locked in?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

CB1 the highest rank was rank 3, and then in CB2 the highest rank was rank 6. That is why classes only go up to rank 6 atm, nobody knows what the higher ranks classes will be yet.

In open beta I know IMC wants to have a rank 8, with 20 secret hidden classes to find. Well that is their goal anyways.

There are 2 different kinds of xp in the game. 1st type of xp is for character lvl. Every time you lvl up your character lvl you get an attribute point, which you can use to increase your attributes like str, dex, vit. Max charater lvl in CB2 was 250.

The 2nd type of xp is for your Job. Every time it goes up a lvl you get a skill point. Use the skill point to enhance your skills, also every 15 job lvls you go up a rank.

When you do quests in the game, the quest giver gives you a choice as to what kind of xp you want.

Once you hit rank 6, you would still want get job xp to get those skill points to enhance your skills. You can still get job xp from grinding mobs.

So I guess to answer your question once you hit the max rank, you just keep gaining experience and that class is locked in.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

So in other words once you hit max level on say knight you are stuck making a new character if you want a new class of say archer

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Teknique View Post
    So in other words once you hit max level on say knight you are stuck making a new character if you want a new class of say archer
    yea pretty much.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

Typical of koreans to not have multiple jobs on a single character and then make its a total grindfest to level up another.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

IMC has just announced CB3, but it will be for Koreans only. Meanwhile, there has been no new information regarding the international CBT that was supposedly to take place in between the 2nd KR CBT and this one. Rumour has it that the translation of the game has been slow, and it will be pushed back to late 2015.

Anyone who has a KR-Nexon account will be able to play in CB3, so it is sort of an open beta, but the game will have a data wipe before the official real open beta begins. You can try and make an account here , buy clicking on the blue button, but you need a Korean cell phone number.

CB3 will start on July 30th and will run until Aug. 9th.

Source
    http://tos.nexon.com/events/20150723/index.aspx#page1

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Info on CB3

- The number of classes remains at 44 with no new additions.

- Changes to the overall world maps’ levels, which means some areas are now easier for lower lvl's, some are now harder for higher lvl level characters.

- 18 new maps, including several new boss monsters, with the level cap now at 200.

- Players will get to test the first version of the party match-making system.

- New casual card battle system (kinda like tetra master)

- New Team pvp mode, and arena's [Team Battle League].

- All quests other than main scenario quests will be changed to Free Quests. Free Quests will no longer be actively notified to players in the field. Players will have to find these Free Quests, and much of it are hidden so you need to explore all maps thoroughly to find them.

- Test version of the Mouse Control has been added.

- Adjusted the balances of many classes.

- There is now a lvl cap on attributes, but the effects of the Attributes will increase proportionately.

- Now only some classes can tame companions, but the Falconer Class that went through Hunter can use 2 types of companions.

- Swordsman Types classes [Dash] and run faster by pressing a directional key twice, but this feature consumes Stamina at a fast pace so you can’t use it all the time.

- Wizard Type classes can now use close range attacks with the two hand item ‘Staff’ by pressing C key.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Woah, well here is a shocker !!!

English beta for the international version, will start August 4. Yep you read that right..

For people without access to forums

Hello. We are IMCGAMES TOS Team.

We’d like to announce the first Beta Test for Tree of Savior (Eng. ver.)

This test will focus on the basic environment and overall infrastructure inspection for Tree of Savior’s service through STEAM platform.
    (*All Dates and Times are based on Eastern Daylight Time)

1. Beta Test Schedule
    Monday, August 4, 2015 10:30 PM ~ Monday, August 10, 2015 02:00 AM Duration : 7 days

2. Service Hours and Client version
    24 Hours , Korea 3rd CBT ver

3. Beta Tester Sign Up
    No separate sign up procedure will be necessary. All those who have logged in to the Official Website(treeofsavior.com) at least once until July 30 12:00 AM will automatically be signed up as test candidates.

4. Number of Testers and Selection Process
    5,000 testers will be randomly selected from those who have logged in at least once since the Official Website’s renewal (June 25) to July 30 12:00 AM. Please note that accounts from countries where we already have local publishers, such as Korea, China, etc. will not be selected as testers.

5. Beta Tester Selection and Beta Key Distribution Date
    Friday, July 31, 2015
    For those selected as Beta Testers, you will receive Beta Keys through e-mail and you will also be able to check the keys in the Official Website.

6. Support for Github Contributors and Fansites
    -For Github Contributors, please check the notice in Github page
    -For Fansite managers, we will be sending e-mails with separate announcements on
    Friday, July 31, 2015
    We will let you know about more details on Beta Test participation and Beta Key registration through future announcements.
    Thank you.
    In order to sign up you need to sign in with a facebook,google+ account or a steam account and then make a forum account.

https://treeofsavior.com/

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Thanks! Hoping for people to make multiple forum accounts and share any extra codes cause I NEVER get into stuff like this lol

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

The sites pretty hammered, right now, so getting an account is not happening. Given Korean's timezone, I wonder if anyone's around to do anything about it.

I slipped in and was able to do a google + account login, but I don't see anything where I have to create a forum account. I can crate a new topic already, so, I think I'm 'qualified', yes?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah, Bombur's "In order to sign up you need to sign in with a facebook,google+ account or a steam account and then make a forum account." make it sound confusing but all you need to do is log in on the site once.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Well the steam account option doesn't seem to work, but g+ did. I could have sworn I created some account there when that site went up a while back, but nothing looked familiar.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

So did anyone get invited?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Haven't seen anything, but they said keys are all sent out. Someone calculated a 39% chance, to get one, based on current forum users, so, the force was not with me.

Would appreciate any extras someone got on duplicate accounts.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Did not get an invite.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Sadly I did not get in, but I do know a few people who did though, lucky SOB's. Someone I know is gonna stream, so you can check it out here on Aug.4th .

http://www.twitch.tv/bworks.

Been reading up on the Korean Forums, and their CB started yesterday. Players are mostly complaining about how hard the bosses are now, lots of times if you solo you get 1-2 shotted now.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

If anyone wants to see what the pvp looks like here is some video footage. There are Arena's 1vs 1, 3 vs 3, and 5 vs 5.

These videos are 5 vs 5

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Here is the new ingame Card Game in action.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I can't really tell what happens when someone wins vs loses, or is there no consequence at all? Just a way to pass time, or do you get things by winning?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast