1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 3 hours, 43 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 20 hours, 16 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 20 hours, 43 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 13 hours, 16 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lyn Tah'row
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I haven't actually played XIV for a while, but XIVApp has (had?) an enmity counter that I assumed pulls directly from the game's memory. I'm assuming this because it matched additional enmity from Fracture DoT ticks perfectly (I think I checked with Defiance on and off) and DoTs aren't parsable. Which sort of makes me wonder why we don't estimate DPS with enmity. Or do we?

I did my testing on mobs right outside Revenant's Toll, but basically I got the exact same numbers as Niiro and drew the same conclusion as Seravi ("wait, why would you ever Tomahawk?").

If anyone's curious, on my Paladin and Warrior (same iLevel with basically full Soldiery gear and T5 weapons) I remember Flash was in the mid-600s range per cast and dependent on gear. Paladin Flash was about 50-odd points higher, presumably because of the blind effect attached to it.

I remember seeing some people posting what their Bravura Novus upgrades were.. not sure if this one, or Atma thread. Anyone care to share theirs? Looking to finally upgrade it to Novus.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rozaria Eleanor
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by xIndustrialxAngelx View Post
    I remember seeing some people posting what their Bravura Novus upgrades were.. not sure if this one, or Atma thread. Anyone care to share theirs? Looking to finally upgrade it to Novus.
    did 20ACC 25CRIT 30DET on my novus

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I did Det+31/acc+22/crit+22.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I did Det31, Acc22, Parry22**

**I still advocate Crit22 instead, but my wife is generally my healer and I'll gladly sacrifice 22Crit so she doesn't breathe down my neck

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cage Rancor
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    I did Det31, Acc22, Parry22**

**I still advocate Crit22 instead, but my wife is generally my healer and I'll gladly sacrifice 22Crit so she doesn't breathe down my neck
    That would be fine if Parry wasn't a worthless stat. 22 Parry is literally doing nothing for you.

I don't think you know what the word "literally" means.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Jorildyn View Post
    I did Det+31/acc+22/crit+22.
    Did this as well.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cage Rancor
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    I don't think you know what the word "literally" means.
    Are you a Parry sympathizer? Lol. 22 Parry provides such a small amount you will probably not even notice a difference. I don't know the exact number of parry needed to increase rate by 1%, but its much greater than 22. There is LITERALLY no reason to use parry in this game, especially as a warrior. You cannot rely on the stat to consistently mitigate damage, you're better off increasing strength on the off chance you do parry, you'll mitigate more damage. I currently mitigate 28% of damage from a parry.

Thank you for clarifying that, indeed, you do not know what the word "literally" means.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Ramset View Post
    22 Parry is basically doing nothing for you.
    That's all he's correcting Cage.

Though I have to agree that parrying, what, .2% more is not something any healer is gonna notice. Don't ask parry don't tell parry.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cage Rancor
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Thank you for clarifying that, indeed, you do not know what the word "literally" means.
    Are you literally fucking stupid? Do you have anything constructive to contribute to the conversation?

Have you ever heard of an exaggeration? Hyperbole? Do you have nothing better to do than sit around with your dick in your hand and be a prick on forums?

You know exactly what I mean. People have been using the word "literally" grammatically as an exaggeration for decades. In fact, it's so widely used you can Google the damn word and there's definitions for the informal use of the word. Get a fucking life man. You've wasted 2 comments in this thread over your bullshit, and now I'm stooping to your level just to deal with your idiocy. Do you wanna have a fucking debate about grammar? Do you wanna recite the dictionary? We could have a spelling bee? Loser.

Parry is such a bad stat that it's literally, actually, truly, and indubitably worthless. Is that enough for you? If you spec for Parry, you are a bad tank and you don't know enough about this game.

The Mad is strong with this one.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

The most comical part of this to me, is that it started with a perfectly justified reason for parry, lol

I am not going to argue the demerits of parry with my wife just to put 22crit on my axe. I am fully aware that it is trash, and I never said that it wasn't.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

lol turning into OF around here

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Being a grammar nazi is kind of stupid though.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cage Rancor
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    The most comical part of this to me, is that it started with a perfectly justified reason for parry, lol

I am not going to argue the demerits of parry with my wife just to put 22crit on my axe. I am fully aware that it is trash, and I never said that it wasn't.
    Well, Raldo, I wasn't trying to personally attack you nor imply that you thought it was a good stat. I only meant to imply that it was unfortunate you wasted 22 stat points into Parry on your Novus.

Unfortunately some people would rather be douche bags instead of fleshing out the conversation, but eh, that's the internet. Niiro may very well be a normal upstanding gentleman in day to day life, but tonight he decided to be a twat. C'est la guerre.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Being a grammar nazi is kind of stupid though.

watching people misuse literally is like drinking cancer though

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cage Rancor
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    OH GOD. SOMEONE SPOKE IN HYPERBOLE. THE WORLD IS OVER.

Edit: I should also note, that my "misuse" is really debatable. If 22 Parry is small enough a contribution that it doesn't even reach another whole number, then it LITERALLY is doing nothing for you.

Edit 2: Actually, let's step that back, the game may very well account for multiple decimal places such as 20.0104%, but in all cases upfront the game only graphically displays whole numbers. Also .0104 is so small it might as well only be 20% it's negligible and will never be noticed. Not to mention even the difference between 20% and 24% will hardly be noticed in this game. Parry just isn't worth it.

Edit 3: So according to the research I've done. Parry has been calculated to be about 0.076% per point. So for 22 Parry you're looking at about 1.672% increase in Parry rate. So for all the people butthurt about "literally", then sure it does something. But in the figurative sense of the word, it's a very small increase that will likely not be noticed over the course of a fight.

Edit 4: I need to even take this a step farther. You can do your own research, but this doesn't even translate 1:1 for direct mitigation or effective HP. Which makes Parry even less effective. Also, some attacks can't even be parried in this game. The real argument here is that by putting points into Parry you're gambling on the fact that you might be able to parry an attack. It's not a guarantee and you'll be popping mitigation in anticipation of incoming attacks anyway.

What's funny is I didn't even say anything about parry being effective or desirable at any point.

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post