1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 40 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 19 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 17 hours, 40 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 16 hours, 19 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Remember that overpower now has increased enmity. Will the potential damage loss from the crits on a few OPs be worth blowing a single steel (provided you don't have infuriate ready)? Give me a PTR server so I can find out!
    Fair enough, I rarely think about the +crit part of Wrath stacks, and if you're hitting truckloads of mobs, +crit matters even more than ever. You could still follow it up immediately with Infuriate at least... but then again, if you're spamming overpower, you probably don't have the Wrath stacks built up to start with... hmmmm

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

3)Buff or remove the three currently useless moves - Holmgang, Storm's Path and Steel Cyclone: Check
    lolwut? It has alway been useful lol

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Andradi View Post
    Yeah, Steel Cyclone will be fine with these changes.

On paper apparently unchained + overpower spam is better bang for the wrath, but it's also a fast ticket to running out of TP.
    Any situation where you are needing to spam overpower, you should have a brd with you anyways. Even speed running WP without a brd TP isn't generally an issue. Enough time between pulls to get enough TP/MP to keep hate with Overpower and Flash.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by FHT View Post
    lolwut? It has alway been useful lol
    On what fight? Any boss worth their salt will turn around with it on and continue to target whoever with whatever.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I am interested in seeing if PLD has a purpose after this patch.

1.0 WAR go?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

On what fight? Any boss worth their salt will turn around with it on and continue to target whoever with whatever.
    WP @ Pudding, I use it when its chasing another player after Targeting it.
    Garuda HM, you can lock Chirada/Suparma away from the fight while the party beat down the other copy

These two fights are enough for me to call it useful, especialy because it can change a situation or save a life

edit: also work on Boss 2 in AK if you use it to counter repel.

Quote Originally Posted by Uryuu View Post
    I can't tell if this is serious or just someone who was a main war and is still somewhat bitter it took this long... lol.
    PLD does require less skill, but WAR doesn't require a ton so it's not like there's a huge gap between the 2. Game itself doesn't require much skill to begin with lol.

Also wtfomgloveit @ these buffs. I was expecting something lackluster, but these are very nice and will make me go back to WAR over my PLD, which I was only playing to make it easier on the healers anyways.

Well it's official, time to go back to WAR.

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post

1.0 WAR go?
    In any situation where you want 2 Tanks it'll be more beneficial to go PLD/WAR than 2xPLD or 2xWAR just for Storm's Path/Halone debuff (assuming they aren't the same).

Hallowed Ground is still an amazing ability. I wish they would make Cover better, the range on it is stupid, no reason the target of cover should have to come running to you and get so close.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Hallowed Ground is 10s invincible on 7min recast.
    Holmgang will be 6s can't-die on 3min recast.

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    Hallowed Ground is still an amazing ability. I wish they would make Cover better, the range on it is stupid, no reason the target of cover should have to come running to you and get so close.
    I don't think WAR is the only job getting changes, just the one with the most. They haven't mentioned how BRD will be nerfed, or much more about DRG either. I suspect changes will happen to all jobs more or less.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

How long before we find out that the fucking wind-up for Homgang gets people killed like Hallowed Ground's does? lol
    I bet that chain thrust is going to be just as slow of an animation.

Hallowed Ground doesn't leave you at 1HP and prevents all need for healing. Just because you can't die during Holmgang doesn't mean you won't die straight after if you aren't careful. Seems like a fair trade to me.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Hallowed Ground doesn't leave you at 1HP and prevents all need for healing.
    Then I guess it's a good thing WAR has more self-healing tools and (even more) increased healing received?

The point is that now WAR has an ohshi- button, a bunch of damage mitigation added, extra enmity to help deal with the potential problem of their other chains interfering with the enmity output of spamming BB chain, and apparently the same damage output as before recast on Unchained cut by 1/3rd. So we'll see if this is enough to push WAR to 1.0 why-does-PLD-exist status.

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Hallowed Ground doesn't leave you at 1HP and prevents all need for healing. Just because you can't die during Holmgang doesn't mean you won't die straight after if you aren't careful. Seems like a fair trade to me.
    Hallowed Ground also prevents any add effects that damage you would have taken would give so it will have that over Holmgang also.

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    How long before we find out that the fucking wind-up for Homgang gets people killed like Hallowed Ground's does? lol
    I bet that chain thrust is going to be just as slow of an animation.
    I might be mistaken but assuming the "can't die" effect is tied to the Holmgang debuff you get, I'm almost 100% positive that you get the debuff as soon as you activate it. Haven't used it in a while though so could be wrong.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Holmgang will probably still suffer the same global buff tick problem as HG though, where you use the skill (and lose the cooldown) but die before the buff takes hold.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Voyage1970 View Post
    I might be mistaken but assuming the "can't die" effect is tied to the Holmgang debuff you get, I'm almost 100% positive that you get the debuff as soon as you activate it. Haven't used it in a while though so could be wrong.
    Holmgang, in its current form, doesn't have much wind-up. I'm pretty sure it's instant in that it doesn't wait for the lightning bolts to finish, but once we move to a chain-thrust animation, all bets are off.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Holmgang is only an oh-shit button if there just happens to be an add within 6 yalms that is also susceptible to the effect. How often is that in the grand scheme of things really?