1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 16 hours, 30 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 7 hours, 29 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 9 hours, 30 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 0 hours, 29 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    It's been a while since I've actually played WAR on anything more than trash, but isn't the Holmgang effect completely fully-resisted by most (if not all) bosses? (Minor reading around came to that conclusion.)

I suppose I'm looking at this from a specific angle where job balance matters most (boss fights) and not just on swarms of trash.
    Fully resisted by all bossed from HM Titan onward. There's always room for SE to adjust this, but as is, even if a boss is ROOTED, they can still freely TURN and attack anyone, so even if the root currently works on some bosses, it doesn't stop them from turning like it does with you.

@Voyage: Exactly. Both tanks will be incredibly useful, yet have superior individual tanking situations. Y'know... the way the game should have been from the start. I know I can't wait to start tearing shit up with my Coil Pld when these changes arrive.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    So pre-endgame content. I had forgotten all about that stuff (semi-serious). Try it in coil and see if it works. >_>
    Not sure why you're getting excited about these changes anyway, since all the content they are adding in 2.1 is also sub-coil. It's just one step quicker to "theres nothing to do in this game!!!!"

Both tanks will be incredibly useful, yet have superior individual tanking situations. Y'know... the way the game should have been from the start.
    I don't see how WAR having a clear damage advantage (read: is superior for everything pre-endgame) and PLD/WAR sharing situational tanking at endgame is the change we hoped for. Unless you're a WAR.

On a side note, if it wasn't already apparent that WAR is superior for pre-endgame, it is BLINDINGLY OBVIOUS now. Unless Sword Oath gets turned into something like fulltime BfB, it's not even close.

Dammit Steve of the House of Weave
    BG Level

Looks good but ehhh. One thing pld always has going for it is shield. Random 27% blocked damage is really nice. With this war will at least be useable for everything, maybe better depending on how much mitigation is actually up while playing tied to the large hp pool and 20%+ healing. 20s cd on stun still won't work for ifrit though!

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Fully resisted by all bossed from HM Titan onward. There's always room for SE to adjust this, but as is, even if a boss is ROOTED, they can still freely TURN and attack anyone, so even if the root currently works on some bosses, it doesn't stop them from turning like it does with you.
    Uhhh, pretty sure they can't turn, just like you can't. Have you ever used it on the WP Goobbue while he's turned around spitting shit? Every time I've done it, I get 6 full seconds of sweet sweet Goobbue ass. He tends to use his spitballs and vaccuum more when he's rooted facing away, so I do it to troll my party.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Uhhh, pretty sure they can't turn, just like you can't. Have you ever used it on the WP Goobue while he's turned around spitting shit?
    I've used it on the Mindflayer boss in AK and he's sure as shit turned around to cast Canker on a healer behind him.

@SD: All of these changes apply to PVP, so please shut your cornhole and go back to lamenting a lack of Ranger in the game. You're not trying hard enough, or you're just full-retard at this point.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Huh, I wonder if spells allow them to turn. Sounds like a bug.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if it was a bug. Anytime you can have a LB3 eaten with nothing to show for it... yeah I'm going to chalk it up to a bug.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

@SD: All of these changes apply to PVP
    Are you really dense (or naive) enough to think that abilities will apply across-the-board in PVP as they do in PVE? Have fun using Holmgang when you're asleep.

Are you now going to claim that your non-stop bitching about WAR for the last four months was because you thought PLD would have too much of an advantage in PVP? GTFO with that nonsense.

The only thing dumber than that is your "Now that WAR is buffed I look forward to playing as PLD in coil!" garbage. Talk about a reverse-bandwagon perpetual loser mindset.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if it was a bug. Anytime you can have a LB3 eaten with nothing to show for it... yeah I'm going to chalk it up to a bug.
    It's the stupid disparity between animation firing, cast bar finishing (when applicable), and hit actually hitting. You know, the same thing that makes Hallowed/Lustrate/Benediction all fizzle. Unless this is another thing you're talking about now that I'm thinking about it.

I'd go so far as to say "Working as Intended" in SE-ese.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

@SD: As always, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about - in regards to anything. You've already been incorrect in this thread at least 3 times and it just spawned this morning.

I won't make anyone else suffer through a retarded argument with you. Warrior got buffed like crazy, as it needed, and fuck this Ranger bandwagoner SD for attempting to rain on any War's parade.

@Seravi: They've already played that card for the absurd raise "physics" in the game, so sure, why wouldn't they play it here? Regardless, it better be gone in a year, that's all I can say.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Good thing all this PLD gear, except AF+1, can be used on WAR cause I'm gonna get ready for that shit right thar!

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    Which is why HG's recast is more than twice as long.
    I...know?

Because a can't-die ability on 3min recast, increased damage reduction (likely fulltime), increased enmity across the board, and increased damage output are not germane to the discussion.
    It's not that talking about it isn't worthwhile, it's just that talking about it with you isn't.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    Good thing all this PLD gear, except AF+1, can be used on WAR cause I'm gonna get ready for that shit right thar!
    Y'know, I've been saying the opposite: "I'm glad I have all this allagan so I can use it on Pld when I wanna tank a different way".

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

@SD: As always, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about - in regards to anything.
    Absent any major buffs to PLD, we'll see who's right when 2.1 is live. You claim that (with these changes and nothing else) these two jobs are now "balanced," which is only true if you completely ignore the lower 95% of the game. WAR already had an advantage in sub-Titan content and now that advantage will be stark.

But maybe you'll just quit XIV now that you have no reason to complain about WAR, just like you quit XI immediately after DRG was buffed.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Is he still talking? I can't tell anymore.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    Oh damn, I'm gonna tank all the things now.
    I just want to soak up my first post-patch mountain buster. That's all I can think about doing right now. "COME AT ME, TITAN!"

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

So can PLD get healing skills now?

Absent any major buffs to PLD, we'll see who's right when 2.1 is live. You claim that (with these changes and nothing else) these two jobs are now "balanced," which is only true if you completely ignore the lower 95% of the game. WAR already had an advantage in sub-Titan content and now that advantage will be stark.

But maybe you'll just quit XIV now that you have no reason to complain about WAR, just like you quit XI immediately after DRG was buffed.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-conte...heinternet.gif

All i'm seeing

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

To be honest, I'm not seeing how a PLD MT will beat a WAR MT in Coil with these changes myself. I can already see a solid defense rotation for Double Dreadnaughts in T4, (IB > Thrill of Battle/Foresight > IB > Vengeance/Awareness > IB > Infuriate > IB > etc), and Storm's Path is now essentially Rage of Halone without the enmity boost. Assuming PLD gets no changes, WAR is going to be top dog for awhile.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    To be honest, I'm not seeing how a PLD MT will beat a WAR MT in Coil with these changes myself. I can already see a solid defense rotation for Double Dreadnaughts in T4, (IB > Thrill of Battle/Foresight > IB > Vengeance/Awareness > IB > Infuriate > IB > etc), and Storm's Path is now essentially Rage of Halone without the enmity boost. Assuming PLD gets no changes, WAR is going to be top dog for awhile.
    I don't think WAR will beat PLD on Dreads, just due to how powerful shield blocking actually is. Hallowed will be better than Holmgang here as well.

That being said, I really wish the Coil actually dropped fucking tank gear so I could use some Allagan on my WAR. 5 weeks, no items

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast