1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 16 hours, 8 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 7 hours, 51 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 9 hours, 8 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 0 hours, 51 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ku Ji
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I wouldn't bother melding any ACC on my Novus since HA axe has 32 in it and by the time they release the next relic upgrade and you actually need ACC on your weapon for new content you'd have an abundant of Alex just sitting around from all the dailys, hunts..etc. It wouldn't be hard re-melding your weapon. That's my approach anyway as I don't plan on upgrading any other relic to Novus so I can afford to save my Alex. I'm getting Novus soon too and I'll go for full crit/dtr, perhaps 9acc or something if I fail too many materias, T4 shits cost 5ook atm its insane.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I feel the same way but it can also come down to cash on hand. As far as stats go, there's been a few suggestions the last page or so about setups and I think they're all worthwhile one way or another. I have another question for you folks based on my previous gear link (here).

So I have taken all the suggestions. As I adjust acc/crit/det (in that order) it pops out the following. I wanna know which one you guys think is better just taking those three stats into considering.

Acc/Crit/Det

22/22/31
    518/508/317 (w/Black Risotto)
    499/505/330 (w/Black Risotto + Slaying Wrist swap)

#2 (Sath's suggestion)
    25/19/31
    521/505/317 (w/Black Risotto)
    502/505/330 (w/Black Risotto + Slaying Wrist swap)

11/33/31
    507/520/317 (w/Black Risotto)
    517/535/302 (w/Apkallu Omelette)

Which one would you guys choose?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

#3 is down 28 DET. That's a very, very large number. I think it's safe to rule that out based on that alone (unless you really want that front ACC T9 cap for your shiny new DPS axe?)

Not much practical difference between #1 and #2. Save either some Heaven's Eye IV or some Savage Aim IV.

I'd say it's looking like somewhere between 15-25 ACC is the magic number. Probably depending on your faith in future content / HA drop rate / desire for +/- 10 crit.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I agree. It's looking like the first choice is more ideal, despite me not wanting to put any accuracy on it initially (and I still feel it would be best not to in the long haul). It's hard to justify spending 5mil on this thing when it's not best in slot, won't be for a long time, and I have been getting screwed on materia conversions since I started this. I'm probably not alone in feeling this way.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

That's a big chunk of my reasoning as well. I've had 15 of each red TIII for over a week now, have sold at least 30 surplus, SBed about 20-25 full L+R sets and only have 3 Might IV 2 Eye IV and 1 Aim IV to show for it.

Sure I've made a shitload of gil and at this point by the time I need them I'll just be spending gil I made SBing, but still. For it not being BiS and being a lucky week in T9 away from sitting on a retainer...anything over seems a bit lol to me.

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Two questions:
    1) Since the all of the i90 crafted gear has skill speed on it, do we still use the same melds as before?
    and
    2) For Novus, if you got the materia/gil to blow on capping DET/CRIT, go for it OR do cap DET and throw ACC + CRIT? Almost done with alexandrites and already have DET capped.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

1) I wasn't aware there was a specific meld set. You meld your VIT and whatever else. Unless you're one rich SOB, you're probably going to be able to meld one T4 Det/Crit, 2x T4 VITs, then whatever else.
    2) Whatever you want; there's no right answer. Do you forsee yourself having accuracy problems in 2.4 (or beyond) when the next coil comes out and/or like the ability to switch gear around thanks to the accuracy on your weapon? I do, so I'll be putting some accuracy on it.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

How much, if at all, does a Warrior's BiS for 2.3 differ from Paladin's? Leveling one up on a second character for an alt group and just wanted to know of any stat weight differences there might be between the two.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Don't know if anyone has exact weights but the priority is still the same; Det > Crit > whatever. Could split hairs over whether the 2 WD and 3 STR from high allagan axe can be beaten by a det/crit Novus.

http://ffxiv.ariyala.com/NGZR

Made that just building haphazardly with VIT accs, comes to exactly 515 acc.

Are people still rolling with full VIT stat allocation? or switching to pure STR while still wearing Tank accessories? If off-tank, I'm guessing switch back to dps accessories for that sweet sweet damage?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

get that damage in, sonnnnnnnnnnn

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

MT: 7500 HP without Defiance
    OT: Doesn't matter.

When you hit the indicated HP threshold you can start trading out VIT for STR. If you are designated OT the HP threshold is "now".

This applies up to T9 Normal. Savage is VIT-only land it seems.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

At i108 (missing a 2nd i110 ring), I use DPS accessories with a VIT allocation as OT. I could probably get by with STR allocation as several of the pros here do, but uhhhhh my wife is one of the healers I deal with on a regular basis, and she might hit me upside the head if I did that.

For your reference (someone please correct me if I'm wrong):
    at 15HP per VIT, 30VIT allocation is +450HP (+562.5 under Defiance). Not necessarily make-or-break territory there.

Now I'm wondering if I can switch to STR spec without anyone noticing... That's fewer HP than I realized.

Once the next set of coils roll out, it's probably back to VIT-spec until your gear is upgraded though, so I'm perfectly fine just being lazy with my VIT spec.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

You can probably get by with STR spec without people noticing. I've started solo-tanking T8 as WAR with STR accs and STR spec. Gets a bit hairy but that's really the worst-case scenario for healers currently and we get by with completely average healing squad.

Where it IS noticeable is when my MT dies to claw on T9 and it turns to me and I get faceraped before I even have time to vengeance + defiance.

Awesome, thanks for the replies everyone! Time to do that switch over to STR then!

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

For a group learning t9 I always say 7700. (before defiance) The reason behind that is a fully un-mitigated beak lands for 9548 (WAR) 7638 (PLD). You can still get Beaked > Autoed and die but for the most part a Cure/Aldo/SS is landing right after beak if they fail to put it up before hand.

I would definitely stay VIT spec while MTing and learning fights. Once you are comfortable do exactly what Seravi said and start trading out accessories for STR and then finally re-spec your stats if needed.

Personally I run a 30/30 VIT PLD and a 30/30 STR WAR, this gives me versatility for any tanking situation MT or OT.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Once the next set of coils roll out, it's probably back to VIT-spec until your gear is upgraded though, so I'm perfectly fine just being lazy with my VIT spec.
    Our OT WAR never stopped being 30 STR since T5 down. I would be surprised if 3rd coil made the OT sweat significantly. Pleasantly, but surprised nonetheless.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Our OT WAR never stopped being 30 STR since T5 down. I would be surprised if 3rd coil made the OT sweat significantly. Pleasantly, but surprised nonetheless.
    You're probably right. As our stats available from gear increases, the amount that 30 points toward one stat or other means less and less. 450HP was a lot bigger deal at i70~90 than it is at i90~110.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

STR spec and i90 pentamelds on current content, this puts you at ~9750HP with food with rest i110 gear. If you have it, full i110 STR acc on old content.

Difference between melded i90 and full i110 VIT is 435 base HP.

I've got both PLD/WAR geared to 105-106, so I could comfortably switch between being MT/OT for it. I don't actually tank this set of coil, but I've been fortunate enough to have all the gear necessary if the chance ever comes. Since I have access to the HA slaying accessories, switching to STR seemed like a great idea to me. I just wasn't sure I would take such a bit hit from swapping 30 VIT to STR, glad to see it isn't too much.