1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 4 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 10 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 23 hours, 4 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Warrior Fantasy XIV: 1.0 Strikes Back [WAR/MRD 2.1 Update Thread]

Credit goes to Rata for posting this on the Comments from the Devs thread:

Producer and director Yoshi-P here.

I understand that all our warriors out there are eager to know what patch 2.1 has in store for them. While we’re still in the testing stages, I’d like to give you a preview of what we have planned. Please keep in mind that warrior is still being tested in all encounters available in 2.1, and the following information is subject to change.

Marauder Changes
    Brutal Swing
    - Recast time will be reduced from 30 to 20 seconds, increasing the frequency with which players can stun foes.
    Overpower
    - Enmity generated by this skill has been increased.
    Storm's Eye
    - TP cost will be reduced from 70 to 60.
    Storm's Path
    - TP cost will be reduced from 90 to 60.
    - This skill will also reduce damage dealt by enemies for a period of time.
    Holmgang
    - Range will be increased from 3 yalms to 6, to make the skill more effective.
    - This skill will now pull enemies toward your character.
    - When using this skill, a player's HP cannot be reduced lower than 1.
    - The animation for this skill will be revised. (See screenshot above)
    Vengeance
    - This skill will also reduce damage taken by 30%.
    Mercy Stroke
    - Recast time will be reduced from 60 to 40 seconds, improving ease of use.
    Thrill of Battle
    - Effect duration will be extended from 10 to 20 seconds.

Warrior Changes
    Defiance
    - Enmity generated by this skill will be increased.
    - This skill will also increase HP recovery via curing magic by 20%.
    Wrath
    - The improved healing effect granted by Wrath will be removed. Instead, the improved healing effect will be granted by Defiance.
    Inner Beast
    - Due to overall balance changes, HP absorbed by damage dealt will be reduced from 300% to 100%
    - Damage taken will be reduced by 20% for 6 seconds.
    Steel Cyclone
    - This skill will generate increased enmity.
    Unchained
    - Recast time will be reduced from 180 to 120 seconds, improving ease of use.
    The main focus of these changes—as the seasoned warriors among you have already observed— was Inner Beast and its HP absorption effect. With these changes, warriors will no longer be dependent on a single skill to recover HP, and have overall improved defense.

To put it simply, we want to ensure the role of warriors as durable tanks. This is why we've also adjusted the effects of Wrath and Defiance. As currently implemented, warriors are forced to lose their healing bonus when using certain skills. However, these changes will allow players to use their warrior skills without sacrificing improved healing, and also maintain the critical hit bonus of Wrath.

Although warrior will no longer recover immense amounts of HP in a single use of Inner Beast, these changes should improve the overall defensive capability of warriors and the ability to heal them using a support class or job.

Patch 2.1 may seem a long way off, but please understand that we have to test these balance changes not only in encounters to be introduced in the upcoming patch, but all existing encounters as well.
    (Please refer to a previous post for details on why we cannot break up patch 2.1)
    While I regret having to keep you waiting, I am confident these changes, along with the numerous additions we have planned for patch 2.1, will be well worth your patience.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

*dusts Warrior equipment off*

Well now.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

brb touching myself

Holmgang
    I can't wait to use this on Behemoth/Odin

Assuming it's not immune...

EDIT:

Inner Beast
    - Due to overall balance changes, HP absorbed by damage dealt will be reduced from 300% to 100%
    This feels kinda kneejerk to me, but I feel a 1500~2000 heal (currently) isn't going to make or break much. Now it'll be just a drip to our HP pool if I can only heal 500~1000 tops.

* figures assume Pugilist crit buff, berserk and unchained active, plus Maim with an ilvl 55 weapon (I'm collecting tomes for Bravura and my WAR is still fresh, so numbers might be off compared to Lucavi or Churchhill resident WARs)

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Defiance
    - Enmity generated by this skill will be increased.
    - This skill will also increase HP recovery via curing magic by 20%.
    Wrath
    - The improved healing effect granted by Wrath will be removed. Instead, the improved healing effect will be granted by Defiance.
    Job partially fixed

Inner Beast
    - Damage taken will be reduced by 20% for 6 seconds.
    Job fixed

Holmgang
    - Range will be increased from 3 yalms to 6, to make the skill more effective.
    - When using this skill, a player's HP cannot be reduced lower than 1.
    Job fixed-r, thanks for the OH SHIT button

Storm's Path
    - TP cost will be reduced from 90 to 60.
    - This skill will also reduce damage dealt by enemies for a period of time.
    THESE NIGGAS JUST MADE STORM'S PATH USEFUL, JOB FIXED-EST LEVELS OF FIXING

Warriors everywhere, rejoice.
    (One thing they missed is shortening the damn animation for Brutal Swing though)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This feels kinda kneejerk to me, but I feel a 1500~2000 heal (currently) isn't going to make or break much. Now it'll be just a drip to our HP pool if I can only heal 500~1000 tops.
    Well, it hardly matters due to the fact that they already kinda balanced it by making this not screw you over by losing healing from losing the Wrath stacks AND giving you DR. I'd gladly trade 200% healing for 20% DR anyway 'cause its not often that the extra healing from IB is really clutch anyway.

User was infracted for this post.

PLD will still be more popular since it requires zero skill, but yeah, I'm happy we'll see more WAR around.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Well, it hardly matters due to the fact that they already kinda balanced it by making this not screw you over by losing healing from losing the Wrath stacks AND giving you DR. I'd gladly trade 200% healing for 20% DR anyway 'cause its not often that the extra healing from IB is really clutch anyway.
    Ok yeh, on second thought, it'd probably be a requirement to keep this buff up as much as possible or situationally (i.e. waiting for a big attack to come)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ada Rusheart
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Taruranto View Post
    PLD will still be more popular since it requires zero skill, but yeah, I'm happy we'll see more WAR around.
    With these changes WAR won't really require skill either. There's basically no incentive to hold on to Wrath unless you're saving it for before a big attack.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

I kinda want to play WAR now...

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Also, damnit! I need to make room for Holmgang now. I had a perfect crossbar configuration going too lol

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Issah Grimes
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Mina View Post
    *dusts Warrior equipment off*

Well now.
    Exactly what i was thinking

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

...Aheh...heh....heheheh...hehehahaha...aahahhahah a...

....AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA~!!!!

Oh, I can't wait for the testing. There will be glorious testing. Let me dust off my checklist:

1)Incorporate a flat defensive mitigation buff: Check
    2)Retain life leeching properties: Check
    3)Buff or remove the three currently useless moves - Holmgang, Storm's Path and Steel Cyclone: Check
    4) Retain crit bonuses: Check
    5) Retain incentivation of activating skills prior to large amounts of incoming damage: Check
    6) Allow for full-time retention of healing buff: Check

They were done right there, but they improved it even more!

1) Superior durability for one-shotting moves with holmgang
    2) Slightly increased the true situational use of Mercy Stroke (HP restoration, not inching out additional damage)
    3) Lowered TP costs of attack chain 2 (Storm's Path) and the never-used chain 3 (Storm's Eye), which will help long engagements where overpower spam must be used at some point

I don't think I've ever seen SE so thoroughly attack a problem before. It makes me wonder who signed off on the original War design to allow for such a great disparity in the first place, but that'll all be under the bridge as soon as I get my mitts on these changes.

Bring your shit on in PVP, Scholars; you can't run from me anymore! GET OVER HERE!!

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    ...Aheh...heh....heheheh...hehehahaha...aahahhahah a...

....AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA~!!!!
    ?

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    ?
    I had his image in my eyes the entire time I read the changes.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Only minor things I have to be cynical about:

Steel Cyclone still not at all worth using Wrath stacks on unless the enmity modifier is absolutely ridiculous. I'm talking use it once at the beginning of a group of mobs and have hate for a good 10 seconds without having to do anything else while everybody else goes ham. (Obviously you would be doing stuff, but the enmity needs to be that substantial to be worth using over IB seeing as how they didn't increase the damage.)

I feel like Wrath should have something else minor on it now that it's without the healing, something like an auto-attack potency buff or something, or slightly more crit.

I'm not complaining though.

Now to see if the content they add with 2.1 is enough to keep people playing, and hope they don't nerf all of the above to hell before the patch.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I feel like steel should have a slightly longer range than Flash. I'd have been fine with the only buff to steel coming in the form of a range increase. Its still a half-decent move to "lead off" with in terms of fights like Turn 4, when you have to gather things up that aren't tightly packed.

The wrath change just tells me that I don't have to keep 5 stacks on all the time, and that I can be a lot more liberal with when I want to use it as opposed to having to keep a tight grip on it and announce to my healers when I won't have it up because fatter heals need to come my way.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    Steel Cyclone still not at all worth using Wrath stacks on unless the enmity modifier is absolutely ridiculous.
    If you're fighting a group of trash, and you don't need the heals/mitigation, Steel Cyclone sounds fine to me. I'll probably actually end up using it more, now that I don't have to hold onto Wrath stacks.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    If you're fighting a group of trash, and you don't need the heals/mitigation, Steel Cyclone sounds fine to me. I'll probably actually end up using it more, now that I don't have to hold onto Wrath stacks.
    Remember that overpower now has increased enmity. Will the potential damage loss from the crits on a few OPs be worth blowing a single steel (provided you don't have infuriate ready)? Give me a PTR server so I can find out!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ada Rusheart
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah, Steel Cyclone will be fine with these changes.

On paper apparently unchained + overpower spam is better bang for the wrath, but it's also a fast ticket to running out of TP.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Taruranto View Post
    I can't tell if this is serious or just someone who was a main war and is still somewhat bitter it took this long... lol.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast