1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 34 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 25 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 15 hours, 34 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 18 hours, 25 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Banned.

BG Level

Decent gil farming locations

A couple of decent gil farming spots (server dependant of course). Sure beats farming shards.

(snip'd links)

User was infracted for this post.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Not sure why anyone would share how they make gil, especially for farming...

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Attention everyone: do nothing but farm apkallu eggs and give them to me, do not sell them for gil, do not pass go.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    Attention everyone: do nothing but farm apkallu eggs and give them to me, do not sell them for gil, do not pass go.
    You should at least award them Roclpoints, which have to be worth much more than gil.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

It's cute that you're doing these, but it's pretty obnoxious that you're attempting to use BG to get views and ad revenue by just making threads and posting your videos. Same with your "EXTREME PRIMAL PREVIEW" that was literally just a cut out segment of the live letter.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    It's cute that you're doing these, but it's pretty obnoxious that you're attempting to use BG to get views and ad revenue by just making threads and posting your videos. Same with your "EXTREME PRIMAL PREVIEW" that was literally just a cut out segment of the live letter.
    ^ and they should have gone into the media forum, seeing as this doesn't look so much like a discussion.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

On today's episode of "how i dose maek gil", somebody looks at super fast selling items on the auction house and makes some videos about it.

Will there be fleece and diremite web versions as well?

secret tip on how to make gil: to not tell everyone how you make gil

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Taruranto View Post
    secret tip on how to make gil: to not tell everyone how you make gil
    ^ truth

/thread

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Drai Draken
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Don't know how many sites you've put these videos on, but all of a sudden I have 10-15 people on average competing for raptor sinew, where there was originally maybe 2-3 of us at a time, so I fully expect the market for sinew to tank.

People like the OP make me sick if you figure out a good way to make money, keep it to yourself, or else it no longer remains a way to make money, i'm just glad I still have my big money maker, and save for like 2-3 people, I don't think anyone really knows about it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Drai View Post
    Don't know how many sites you've put these videos on, but all of a sudden I have 10-15 people on average competing for raptor sinew, where there was originally maybe 2-3 of us at a time, so I fully expect the market for sinew to tank.

People like the OP make me sick if you figure out a good way to make money, keep it to yourself, or else it no longer remains a way to make money, i'm just glad I still have my big money maker, and save for like 2-3 people, I don't think anyone really knows about it.
    You should make a video

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Get up to turn 4 in coil. Equip full spiritbond gear. Clear phase 1, wipe, clear phase 1, wipe, clear phase 1, wipe. Repeat until 100% spiritbond and then convert.

I came up with this ingenious idea today. It's flawless.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ada Rusheart
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

With the price of tome mats where they are that's likely to be profitable on some servers!

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I was thinking mainly ilvl55 gear. Coil mobs should level ilvl 55 and ilvl 45-50 gear up considerably faster than level 48-50 overworld and dungeon mobs.

some craftables that tend to sell well
    blacksmith: mid level tools
    goldsmith: rings because im sure they arnt flooded on your server too
    weaver: crafting armor
    tanner: any leather, gatherer gear
    alchemist: all the glues
    carpenter: lumbers, especially the trileve turnin ones
    armorer: actually requires effort so who cares

my guide to obtaining luminary pickaxe and luminary hatchet:
    go to la noscea
    press x a lot
    go to black shroud
    press x a lot
    go to thanalan
    press x a lot

0 work gils:
    buy one of the following from the NPC and sell it on market boards, apply common sense as needed, be sure to use all 40 slots of your retainer for this and set all your stacks 1 gil apart from each other
    brass ingot
    bronze ingot
    mineral water
    iron ore
    buy shitloads of RMT farmed shards and relist them in smaller stacks for 2x the price

this is kincard signing out, ruining your economy one server at a time
    http://www.vgmemes.com/wp-content/up...world-burn.jpg

They're coming to take me away. Ha Ha!
    BG Level

On my server, probably nothing is more efficient than speed-running WP and selling Philo mats. The mats all sell for around 30k on my server, and a WP nets you 80% of that (100/125 tomes), for approximately 24k a run plus raw Gil from the mobs (probably around 4-6k). I round it off to 30k per run because I'm lazy and I like round numbers. A dedicated and geared group can probably clear it once every 10 minutes (I know speed-runs sometimes get down to 8, but loading times, the occasionally repair/piss/drink break, and random shit will eat into that) for somewhere in the neighborhood of 180k an hour per member. 12 minute runs are probably more reasonable for most groups, and even /sh PUGs without voice can get down to 15 minutes if they aren't idiots. But even at 4 runs per hour, 120k/hr is probably several times better than straight up farming mobs, unless you're botting the shit and doing it while AFK watching netflix or something.

The best part is, it's not even a secret. Anyone can spend 10 minutes in RT reading shouts and connect the dots that Philo items sell well, and everyone knows that WP is the most efficient way to get tomes. It's just that speed-running WP for hours on end is fucking boring, and you have to have half a brain and 1 of the 4-5 jobs that can do it reasonably well (I've done 12 minute runs with SMN instead of BRD, which is good enough for me).

Edit: Selling Titan runs might be more profitable if you can find enough customers. I don't even know what people charge for this anymore. I imagine that price has gone down as the average gear and experience levels rise, and even the occasional PUG or DF group are downing him now. Probably less customers too since the launch wave is probably more or less settled.

There aren't any gd secrets to making gil. The only secret worth discussing here is how to Spend correctly. If you're spending your gil on stacks of food every day, there's your problem. Level a craft. Materia? Get it yourself, that shit is expensive (frugally speaking). Make more conservative gear upgrades, sit on it a bit if you can. HQ Philo crafted gear is no joke, but fk if I have to put down the gil for actually buying the mats.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

The secret to having lots of gil, is not spending any gil while making it...! O_o

Here's to hoping 2.1 will make people want to throw tons of gil at me/crafters...

I'm stock piling base crafting materials, just for it

I have a contribution that will piss someone off out there:

http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Pudding_Flesh

On the other hand, you might've just made some alchemist friends since on of their quest turn-ins use that shit.

It being a random leve mob doesn't exactly leave much room for market saturation, though.